Home
Tiger 12 News Post

Product Description
Start your journey down the “Road to the Masters” with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters. For the first time in franchise history, players will be able to step on to the hallowed grounds of Augusta National to experience the rich history and tradition of the Masters Tournament. Rely on the advice of your caddie to strategize and focus your game while feeling the intensity of the PGA TOUR season. Embark on the “Road to the Masters” as your career begins on the amateur tour and work your way through Q School, Nationwide Tour, and finally, the PGA TOUR. Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters has something for every golf fan and is the must-have title this year!

Features
  • Play the Hallowed Grounds of Augusta National Golf Club – For the first time ever in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise history, players will now be able to compete at Augusta National Golf Club. Experience the historic holes that comprise Amen Corner and make a run at capturing the distinctive Green Jacket.
  • Masters Moments – Relive and play through memorable, historic moments of the Masters. Take the challenge and see where you measure up against the greats who have played in this legendary tournament.
  • Tiger at the Masters – In this all-new mode, relive each of Tiger’s four wins at the Masters by attempting to equal or beat his scores in each round of the Tournament.
  • Broadcast Presentation – Jim Nantz teams up with David Feherty to lead the all-new broadcast presentation package. Enhanced visuals showcase high fidelity character models and course details that bring to life all the sights and sounds of a round of golf at Augusta National. For the first time in franchise history, the game will feature 3D grass, which will appear and respond more like actual grass.
  • Climb the World Ranking – Feel the pressure of an all-important putt while working your way through the amateur tour, Qualifying School, and the Nationwide TOUR. Perform well enough to earn a spot on the PGA TOUR! In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, the all-new career mode closely mirrors the real-life journey of an amateur golfer as they strive to make it onto the PGA TOUR.
  • The Caddie Experience – Play like a true pro with a caddie alongside, assisting and supporting your every swing. The caddie will evaluate all pre-shot factors, such as wind, lie, and yardage, to provide a recommended shot. As your caddie’s knowledge of each course increases, he will level up through “Course Mastery,” making him even more valuable to your success.
  • Enhancements – Enjoy new features like Fast Golf which allow you to complete a full round in half the time. The new save system provides the flexibility to save, and later resume, your round at any point. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, players will have the ability to jump start their career mode as they will be able to carry over their XP from last year’s game.
  • Presidents Cup – Take on the best from around the world as you compete in this new offline team-based mode. This tournament features the U.S. team versus the top golfers outside of the Europe.
  • The Best Golfers in the World – Hit the links as the top talent in golf, including PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year Rickie Fowler, past Masters champion Zach Johnson, Ryder Cup participant Bubba Watson, and many more.
  • Championship Courses – Take on the best of the best on sixteen of the world’s most celebrated courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, Royal Melbourne Golf Club (Australia), Atlanta Athletic Club, TPC San Antonio, St Andrews Links and Pebble Beach Golf Links.
Product Specifications
Publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Developer: EA Tiburon
Ship Date: 01 April, 2011
Category: Sports

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The MastersReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Videos
Member Comments
# 121 oldman @ 01/21/11 12:26 PM
The move stuff and everything sounds great, but what I really want is more information regarding changes to the career mode. If they have made some strides here I am definently buying this one.

# 122 goalie @ 01/21/11 02:02 PM
how does the Move compare to playing tiger on the wii with the standard wii controller? has anyone played both?

# 123 econoodle @ 01/21/11 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
The move stuff and everything sounds great, but what I really want is more information regarding changes to the career mode. If they have made some strides here I am definently buying this one.
same here.

tho anything is better than 11s career

i will be picking up a move for this, after playing tiger 10 on the wii for two years, i cant go back to buttons.

# 124 OnlookerDelay @ 01/21/11 06:19 PM
I can't comment on the Move versus the Wii Motion +, but I have heard that the career mode is being gussied up this year. I guess you guys have already read about the progression you much go through to reach the PGA Tour. You have to go though the EA Sports Tour, the Nationwide Tour, and then earn your card in Q-School, if I recall correctly.

I also recall hearing one of the development team (the community knows him as "Handsward") say during the Ustream preview a couple of weeks back that he was working with the career mode himself. He didn't give any details, but from what I've seen, Handsward is a pretty meticulous guy. He also understands gaming and golf... I think we'll see something considerably better than what we've had before.

I just hope that the events in career mode are given some atmosphere. I hate feeling like I'm playing against a spreadsheet. You never see hide nor hare of another golfer during a tournament. I'd love to have the option to play with the nearest licensed pro (or even fictitious player during lower tier events) while playing career events. At the very least, I'd like to see other players playing the hole ahead of me, ie. walking off the green after putting out... just something to give the event some presence.

# 125 bhurst99 @ 01/22/11 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I just hope that the events in career mode are given some atmosphere. I hate feeling like I'm playing against a spreadsheet. You never see hide nor hare of another golfer during a tournament. I'd love to have the option to play with the nearest licensed pro (or even fictitious player during lower tier events) while playing career events. At the very least, I'd like to see other players playing the hole ahead of me, ie. walking off the green after putting out... just something to give the event some presence.
Agree 100 per cent. I can't for the life of me understand why they don't do this. In the Tiger Challenges you see your opponent's shots and it adds a lot to the drama. But in a tournament you're playing no one. I can't think of an equivalent in any major sports video game where you play by yourself. Simply mind boggling. Hopefully, that changes this year.

Think of the possibilities. You're playing the Masters. You're tied after the third round with Tiger Woods. You're going to need to match him shot for shot in the final round to come away with the win. Think of the excitement as you battle him hole for hole going for the victory. Think of the drama as you watch Tiger miss a 50-foot putt by an inch to give you the lead going into the 18th hole. Think of the disappointment as you watch Tiger chip in from the rough to force a playoff. It's going to make every one of your shots more intense.

How can that not be in the game?

# 126 goalie @ 01/22/11 09:34 AM
perhaps some will complain that this will slow down the game too much - meaning it will take an hour to play a round instead of 30 minutes?

# 127 OnlookerDelay @ 01/22/11 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie
perhaps some will complain that this will slow down the game too much - meaning it will take an hour to play a round instead of 30 minutes?
Very true, which is why I always try to emphasize that I want this to be an *option* whenever I bring it up. Even with this option enabled, I think we should have the option to fast-forward or skip to the end of the AI player's shots, just as we do now in Challenge mode matches with AI players, to speed things along.

The way I would do this with the fast forward/skip option, it would take about 24 to 30% longer to play a round with an AI. I would get a lot more out of it though... worth the extra investment of time, IMO.

# 128 goalie @ 01/22/11 05:00 PM
or even if it would "cut into" highlights of other golfers at times... like how they show you "Tiger Woods just shot an eagle on 14" - instead, they could just cut to those as video highlights a few times a round...

idk - just an idea..

# 129 bhurst99 @ 01/24/11 12:42 PM
Quote:
Yes, it would definitely have to be an option for those who simply want to play a fast round.

The option would be something like this before every round:

1) Just your shots
2) Just you and one opponent in your group of four. (With the option of just pressing X to see the result of their shots)
3) You and the other three opponents in your group of four. Again with (With the option of just pressing X to see the result of their shots).

Love the idea of cut scenes to show the highlights of other golfers but I doubt it can be done easily.

# 130 OnlookerDelay @ 01/24/11 01:44 PM
Quote:
or even if it would "cut into" highlights of other golfers at times... like how they show you "Tiger Woods just shot an eagle on 14" - instead, they could just cut to those as video highlights a few times a round...

idk - just an idea..
It would be a nice, atmospheric touch, but I think it would be very difficult for them to implement without causing a major performance hit in the game's execution. The Tiger Woods series only loads one hole at a time into the PS3 and 360's memory. A cut scene from another hole would require that the current hole be cleared out of memory, the new hole would have to be loaded and then the cut scene would be shown. Then your current hole would have to be reloaded and rendered. I'm guessing each cut-scene would add 30 to 40 seconds to load, run, and reload.

It could be offered as an option, but I'm not sure enough gamers would want it to justify EA Sports efforts in making it possible.

# 131 OnlookerDelay @ 01/25/11 11:27 AM
We came a step closer to having "True View" (or something close to it in the TW 11 Wii sense of the term) confirmed today for the PS3 version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters. Eurogamer posed a question to EA Sports', Mike DeVault about "added functionality" in Tiger Woods 12 for the PS3, to which Mike is quoted as saying:

"This year we added first-person camera to the Move, which is something we had on the Wii version and people seemed to like, so we made sure we brought it over to the PlayStation," DeVault continued."

Mike didn't come right out and call it "True View", but he did say first-person ala the Wii version. Maybe it's functionally dissimilar enough on the PS3 such that they can't call it "True View". However, I know what's called "True View" on the Wii is significantly different than what EA Sports calls "True View" on the PC version (Tiger Woods Online).

I still have a lot of questions about 'First-Person' view (not to be confused with "True Aim" view) and how it will be applied to the game's difficulty levels. My biggest question is will there be a "First-Person/True-View" equivalent "Tournament Difficulty" mode available? Secondly, will there be dedicated Move/First-Person/Tournament Difficulty Live Tournaments? I can't see mixed mode Tournament Difficulty Live Tournaments working, where part of the field is playing True Aim, with stock controllers, and others are playing "First-Person/True-View" with a Move.

I realize there are dedicated Move Tournaments now, but I'm thinking the First-Person view will likely change the playing parameters enough to where it needs its own dedicated Tournament type.

# 132 Klocker @ 01/30/11 05:45 PM
Quote:
Enhancements – Enjoy new features like Fast Golf which allow you to complete a full round in half the time. The new save system provides the flexibility to save, and later resume, your round at any point. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, players will have the ability to jump start their career mode as they will be able to carry over their XP from last year’s game.
]
I'm IN. game finally may be worth keeping in my library for more than a month.

I just hope they tweaked the putting from last year

# 133 goalie @ 01/30/11 09:02 PM
the save feature does worry me for online tourneys, tho...

# 134 OnlookerDelay @ 01/30/11 09:54 PM
Quote:
Was it stated somewhere that the save feature would be available in Live Tournaments? I thought it was for offline/career mode only?

# 135 DivotMaker @ 01/31/11 12:29 AM
Quote:
It is only for offline career mode.

# 136 goalie @ 01/31/11 02:38 PM
well that certainly makes more sense to me! sorry - i read incorrectly...

# 137 oChaos_Nine @ 02/02/11 07:41 AM
Quick question about the XP carrying over. Will it be whatever XP you haven't spent and have left over or will it be all the XP that you've earned throughout the game?

I'm level 10 with 500,000+ XP, but I have around 100,000 XP saved. What carries over?

Also, I haven't followed all the updates and features so I might have missed it. But, has there been any talk of adding more equipment and brands like Titleist? Being able to substitute a 2i for a 2h instead of it being a wood? And adding more realistic swings into the animations that you can buy? A few years back you could use Daly's swing and Tiger's swing, now they're all stupid. The game just feels more realistic when playing as Tiger just because of his swing.

# 138 kingcrumb @ 02/09/11 03:30 PM
Will you at last be able to play against a cpu player when playing on Pro. It's so lame to play in a tournament by yourself. Talk a boring, it a tournament and you're playing alone. How hard can it be when in all the other game modes you can play against 3 other cpu players and how about in game saves. My brother is a fire fighter and has never been able to play 18 holes.

Thanks

# 139 OnlookerDelay @ 02/14/11 10:36 AM
Here's a new video interview/presentation, which was conducted by Nick McCandless, of The Gamer Access at Tiburon's Studios. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12's lead designer, Mike DeVault does a great job of presenting the new game in this informal session. You get to see a good 30 to 40 minutes of the game in action.

Nick solicited questions for the interview a couple of weeks ago on TGA's website. I armed him with four, the leading of which was about the "First Person View". Nick hit Mike with that question and Mike responded by giving us the first look at "First Person View" (apparently that's what they're going to actually call it). I think Mike had planned to demonstrate it anyway, but since the question was asked about it, he got into showing it a little bit earlier.

I have mixed thoughts about what I saw. On one hand, it was nice to see the first person view being executed with Move in hand (and Mike had both hands on the Move!). The transition from shot, to the head turning to follow the shot was smooth. On the other hand, First Person View looks to be more restrictive than the Wii's "True View". It looks very much like Tiger Woods 11's "True Aim" camera following the shot, once the address view had fully transitioned. There might have been a little more zooming and following going on, but it was hard to gauge with the video camera distance from the monitor in the studio. What was missing was the True View camera's "cut to finish" view for which I was sorely hoping.

Another item I noticed was the First Person view being used in the demonstration was a horizontal orientation. IOW, Mike was swinging the Move directly toward the monitor, but the address on the monitor was showing the club swinging from right to left. I'm hoping they'll have a "Vertical First Person Swing" camera option so that the swingpath will be from bottom to top on the screen.

Mike did mention that a lot of camera work had been done with this year's game, but the questioning didn't lead to anything that told us specifically what. I'm thinking it had to do more with the previously mentioned "broadcast presentation", than the player perspective orientation I had in mind. Maybe there are some configuration tweaks that will address some of my desires in this area.

One other item of note to me, Mike seemed to be genuinely excited about the 1:1 aspect of this year's Move swing mechanic. I don't think the interviewer was familiar enough with the history behind this, nor the specific questions we hardcore types have about this, to explore this avenue as thoroughly as Mike was likely prepared to answer.

Here's a link to "Nick's Gaming View", at the Gamer Access.com: http://www.thegameraccess.com/shows/...iew-episode-37 It's in 3 parts and if you want to get to the two segments specifically on Tiger Woods 12, they're parts 2 and 3.

# 140 oChaos_Nine @ 02/17/11 01:25 PM
The hosts of the show make this unwatchable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.