MLB 11 The Show News Post

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Chef Matt @ 01/07/11 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Anyone else notice how much sharper the textures are on the stadium and especially the dirt and grass?
No, No I don't. In fact I don't see anything spectacular, anything at all........because I'm at flippin work and can't get streaming video!

# 42 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/11 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
No, No I don't. In fact I don't see anything spectacular, anything at all........because I'm at flippin work and can't get streaming video!

Well serves you right to tease me with such a delicious looking rib-eye (Delmonico) steak in your avatar!

# 43 BlackBetty15 @ 01/07/11 02:43 PM
WOW...that looked amazing. The batter swing follow through is fixed and looks way more natural. Dang it...now I dont want to finish my mlb10 chise...thanks alot SCEA!

# 44 PLite14 @ 01/07/11 02:46 PM
Wow... The daytime lighting looks really good.

Does anyone else think the background music GT overlayed remind them of the menu music from Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest for N64?

# 45 Chef Matt @ 01/07/11 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Well serves you right to tease me with such a delicious looking rib-eye (Delmonico) steak in your avatar!

Ahh, A man who knows a bit about food, Delmonico, know in for "The best steak" at Delmonico's in Manhattan in earlier times. Bravo. Today Harris Ranch classifies it as a steak cut from the eye of the boneless rib.

On topic, I'm looking forward to getting home to see this footage.

# 46 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/11 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
Ahh, A man who knows a bit about food, Delmonico, know in for "The best steak" at Delmonico's in Manhattan in earlier times. Bravo. Today Harris Ranch classifies it as a steak cut from the eye of the boneless rib.

On topic, I'm looking forward to getting home to see this footage.
Indeed...

Trust me, the footage will make your mouth water!

# 47 Blzer @ 01/07/11 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLite14
This footage was captured with a camcorder, I'm always more impressed by the lighting when you see footage that way. It doesn't ever exactly turn out like that though, it'll definitely look more like the screenshots we've seen.

# 48 gigadkc @ 01/07/11 03:16 PM
do you have to switch between power and contact a la PYS? That would be great. I hope the devs will also copy pull/slap hit from PYS in the future, that would be nice.

btw: I like the new look of the stats, way better than in the previous games.

# 49 Facts @ 01/07/11 03:23 PM
Well since everyone is talking about the big thing I'll bring up another point. I wish they had facial expression when actually swinging or throwing the ball. NBA 2k has that and it's a cool detail.

# 50 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/11 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
Well since everyone is talking about the big thing I'll bring up another point. I wish they had facial expression when actually swinging or throwing the ball. NBA 2k has that and it's a cool detail.
This game does ... all that more than likely is not turned on in that build.

# 51 bp4baseball @ 01/07/11 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
They actually do (at least in 2010). Go into replay and zoom in on their face, it's pretty cool. Happens after a close play at first, swinging hard, or making a great home run rob (just a few),.

# 52 cibo2 @ 01/07/11 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLite14

Does anyone else think the background music GT overlayed remind them of the menu music from Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest for N64?
I thought that SAME thing! I loved that game. First baseball game I ever played. I actually just played it a few weeks ago.

# 53 ckarlic @ 01/07/11 03:46 PM
Nice. Game looks great so far!!!

# 54 LastActionHero @ 01/07/11 03:49 PM
Damnnn didn't think I could be wowed with just a strikeout clip!

The things that caught my eye right away was the grass and the player models. What a huge difference those new models make and I feel sorry for the people that fail to see that

Now I want more you tease bastards!

# 55 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/11 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsGamer5
After I noticed the new players models, even better graphics, and J-Rolls new stance, it seemed like the ball came out of Beckett's hand more natural looking than the ball came out of pitchers' hands in the past. Anyone else notice this?
You are not the only one, it was the first thing I noticed, and looks like it is coming out of the hand and not "shot putted" like in the past.

Game looks astounding!

# 56 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/07/11 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cibo2
I thought that SAME thing! I loved that game. First baseball game I ever played. I actually just played it a few weeks ago.
I thought that was the one he rapped in ???

""Just Ca Ca Call me Jr"" LOL

Maybe that was the first N64 one

# 57 Shakedowncapo @ 01/07/11 03:57 PM
Who came to the studio and did the stances this year? Can't wait to see Pujols.

# 58 bp4baseball @ 01/07/11 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Who came to the studio and did the stances this year? Can't wait to see Pujols.

If they didn't bring in anyone new, I think it's the Dev Chris who does them...though I could be wrong

# 59 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/07/11 04:14 PM
So if square is power and circle is now contact then is triangle now used for bunting with classic batting ??

# 60 Chef Matt @ 01/07/11 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
So if square is power and circle is now contact then is triangle now used for bunting with classic batting ??
That would be fantastic if true.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.