Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Shakedowncapo @ 01/07/11 04:22 PM
Didn't notice that! Whats X used for?

# 62 SoxFan01605 @ 01/07/11 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
So if square is power and circle is now contact then is triangle now used for bunting with classic batting ??
Was that using classic swing though? It seemed (from the jerky step movements) that someone was trying out the stick swinging, so it could be that you select the swing ahead of time (Square=Power, Circle=Contact) and then keep the same swinging motion with the R Stick.

# 63 AtlBraves09 @ 01/07/11 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Was that using classic swing though? It seemed (from the jerky step movements) that someone was trying out the stick swinging, so it could be that you select the swing ahead of time (Square=Power, Circle=Contact) and then keep the same swinging motion with the R Stick.
-This is true, I think it was confirmed that you choose your swing type before the pitch. And I dont see how people keep saying the hitting was herky jerky, when the guy did the step and load before the pitch was thrown it looked smooth. He was loading way too late on the swings though. It looks like you load when the pitcher is about to release, which is spot on.

# 64 nemesis04 @ 01/07/11 04:28 PM
Quote:
Correct, it was analog he was using and you use the face buttons to pick the type of swing you would like.

# 65 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/07/11 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Didn't notice that! Whats X used for?
I'm going to take a wild guess that it's still for normal swing on classic batting but I could be wrong

# 66 Shakedowncapo @ 01/07/11 04:34 PM
Quote:
I'm going to take a wild guess that it's still for normal swing but I could be wrong
Yea but with right analog hitting being on, that would be circle(contact)...What would be the point of contact swing on X?

# 67 SoxFan01605 @ 01/07/11 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlBraves09
-This is true, I think it was confirmed that you choose your swing type before the pitch. And I dont see how people keep saying the hitting was herky jerky, when the guy did the step and load before the pitch was thrown it looked smooth. He was loading way too late on the swings though. It looks like you load when the pitcher is about to release, which is spot on.
You might have misunderstood me. My "jerky" remark wasn't a commentary on the hitting...never said the hitting was herky-jerky at all. It looked just fine.

I only commented on the jerky way he was playing with the step movements before the pitch, which made it clear he was using the analog hitting.

# 68 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/11 04:35 PM
Quote:
I'm going to take a wild guess that it's still for normal swing but I could be wrong
Correct..

[] = Power Swing
X = Normal Swing
O = Contact Swing

Contact Swing is new.

Quote:
Yea but with right analog hitting being on, that would be circle(contact)...What would be the point of contact swing on X?
[] and X stay the same as they are in the game now... (Power and Normal)...

O is Contact, a new swing type, that is going for just contact (slapping at the ball) and trying to put it in play or possibly stay alive and build a count to your favor.

# 69 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/07/11 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Correct, it was analog he was using and you use the face buttons to pick the type of swing you would like.

Ya I got that..I was asking how it will work for classic batting

On Analog is X used to bunt or is it something else ??

# 70 AtlBraves09 @ 01/07/11 04:37 PM
Quote:
You might have misunderstood me. My "jerky" remark wasn't a commentary on the hitting...never said the hitting was herky-jerky at all. It looked just fine.

I only commented on the jerky way he was playing with the step movements before the pitch, which made it clear he was using the analog hitting.
I was just saying in general from posts I have read, I didn't get that at all from what you said, I was agreeing with a statement that I thought you made... My mistake

# 71 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/11 04:39 PM
Quote:

Read above!

# 72 Shakedowncapo @ 01/07/11 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Correct..

[] = Power Swing
X = Normal Swing
O = Contact Swing

Contact Swing is new.
Thinking a slap hitting button works better here because I can't visualize how much of a difference you would see with contact/normal. Never know, contact could work like that if you're caught off guard by an outside pitch..

# 73 SoxFan01605 @ 01/07/11 04:40 PM
Quote:

That's a good question.

If the face buttons are used to preselect swing type for analog hitting (Which I'm not sure I completely like...but that's another thing) then I would like to see pressing up on the R Stick be for bunting.

To me, it's much more fluid that way and can maybe give the user a better chance to pull back the bunt (something that's been a sore spot in The Show for me) by simply releasing the stick.

# 74 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/11 04:41 PM
Quote:
Thinking a slap hitting button works better here because I can't visualize how much of a difference you would see with contact/normal.

Contact (i.e. just trying to make contact, slapping at it, whatever)

# 75 nemesis04 @ 01/07/11 04:43 PM
Quote:

I was not quoting you for my response, lol.

Anyway, there are 3 swing types as Enigma mentioned. X is a normal swing.

# 76 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/07/11 04:45 PM
Quote:
When I made that comment I was referring to how it will now work on classic

Regarding analog they could use X or triangle for bunting

# 77 nemesis04 @ 01/07/11 04:46 PM
Quote:
That's a good question.

If the face buttons are used to preselect swing type for analog hitting (Which I'm not sure I completely like...but that's another thing) then I would like to see pressing up on the R Stick be for bunting.

To me, it's much more fluid that way and can maybe give the user a better chance to pull back the bunt (something that's been a sore spot in The Show for me) by simply releasing the stick.
Bunting is done with the right stick but I don't recall the actual action, sorry.

# 78 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/11 04:47 PM
Quote:

Regarding analog they could use X or triangle for bunting
[] = Power Swing
X = Normal Swing

Those two remain unchanged from previous years from the understanding of what they do.

O = Contact Swing (slapping at the ball, trying to make contact to work a favorable count)

# 79 nemesis04 @ 01/07/11 04:48 PM
Quote:
I will break down everything next week when I am out there. I don't recall off hand.

# 80 SoxFan01605 @ 01/07/11 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Bunting is done with the right stick but I don't recall the actual action, sorry.
That's fine. I appreciate the input.

I just hope it's not pressing down on it (R3) because I hate that button...lol. If it's pulling/pushing it in a different direction, then I think that's the best way to go about it.

Hopefully that will eliminate (or at least improve) the horrible delay when pulling off of a bunt in this game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.