Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Check out another MLB 11 The Show video, featuring community manager Ramone Russell. He gives an in-depth look at the new (alternative) analog controls, new 4 player co-op, 3D and Move funcionality.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bp4baseball @ 01/07/11 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Is the move only going to be used for Home Run Derby?

or am I misunderstanding that statement??
No, you are correct, only Home Run Derby. Hopefully that will expand next year.

# 22 bp4baseball @ 01/07/11 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by templeusox
Game looks great. Controller looks awful.

Would love direct feed footage for a half-inning or so. Off-screen stuff only goes so far.

Really? I think it looks great

# 23 wrigleyville33 @ 01/07/11 09:15 PM
I want the controller... but don't want to drop 54.99 on it haha. Dang it!

# 24 countryboy @ 01/07/11 09:43 PM
ummm...seeking right words....WOW! You know, I never really understood the gripe about player models or maybe just didn't care, but seeing the game this year, I truly understand and care. Wow!

# 25 Rod_Carew29 @ 01/07/11 09:48 PM
My MAIN man, Russell!!!!

put it down bro!

^5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Check out another MLB 11 The Show video, featuring community manager Ramone Russell. He gives an in-depth look at the new (alternative) analog controls, new 4 player co-op, 3D and Move funcionality.

# 26 kt-od @ 01/07/11 10:35 PM
I agree with everyone about the player models. They look incredible!

# 27 econoodle @ 01/07/11 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
The new player models look amazing!! Swisher's stance looks awesome. I am so pumped up!

Yep!
plus, they finally updated the player photos.
no more tough guy swish, now we have happy go lucky swish.

# 28 abcabc @ 01/07/11 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
The new player models look amazing!! Swisher's stance looks awesome. I am so pumped up!

i'm not sure... when i watched it i wanted to post that though he had his bat on his shoulders to stop the movement that he had in 2009 as he was tought in the offseason w/ kev long, but he is bouncing at the knees on the vid. on the behind the catcher view... i'm not recalling that movement for 2010.

# 29 yanksrule4ever @ 01/07/11 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Yep!
plus, they finally updated the player photos.
no more tough guy swish, now we have happy go lucky swish.
That picture of Swish has been what I've wanted the most in this game! I hated their old picture of him that made him look like the jerk that he is not. And his new stance looks great!

# 30 queensbomber @ 01/07/11 11:20 PM
Looks like a new game...the stat overlays look much improved.

# 31 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/07/11 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
From what I can tell, it never pans far enough to show the actual scoreboard...just the league scores. The league scores already looked like that in 10. I'm talking about the rest of it (innings 1-9 and R H E). Also, the R H E portion never updated properly (obviously won't be able to check that until someone here actually plays a game there).

We'll see, I'm actually fairly confident that they'll get in in, but I'm not believing it until I see it...lol.
The manual scoreboard is in.

As well as the other things I mentioned earlier to you in this thread that was added and changed.

Sent from the dugout using Tapatalk

# 32 Russell_SCEA @ 01/08/11 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Is the move only going to be used for Home Run Derby?

or am I misunderstanding that statement??

HR derby only

# 33 NAFBUC @ 01/08/11 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Some more great footage.

Gotta be impressed with Swish, 89 ribbies, none coming courtesy of the long ball, thats some impressive hitting with runners on

Swish has an updated pic this year..........no beard should make the Yankee brass happy.

# 34 mhanson93 @ 01/08/11 09:44 AM
Does anyone know if the co-op play will apply during franchise mode games? I think it would be pretty cool to have a friend jump in once in a while, but have the results matter a bit more than just an exhibition game.

In any case, the game is looking good, like it always does! :-)

# 35 Bullit @ 01/08/11 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanson93
Does anyone know if the co-op play will apply during franchise mode games? I think it would be pretty cool to have a friend jump in once in a while, but have the results matter a bit more than just an exhibition game.

In any case, the game is looking good, like it always does! :-)
I hadn't thought of that, that would be cool. My daughter and I both play the game a lot. Matter of fact we ended up buying two copies last year so we would quit fighting over it when we both wanted to play. If we could both play in each others franchise that would be so amazing.

# 36 Shaffer26 @ 01/08/11 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensbomber
Looks like a new game...the stat overlays look much improved.
yes they do. makes me very happy

# 37 abcabc @ 01/08/11 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
yes they do. makes me very happy

what stat overlays do they give you....

# 38 Heroesandvillains @ 01/08/11 04:04 PM
Could a Mod help me out on getting this to play on my ITouch? YouTube link??

I'm so confused now...

With all of the info pouring in today, I can't tell if I've seen this interview. I guess it's a pretty good problem to have, though.

# 39 tazbk @ 01/08/11 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
While the controller is nerdy, I want it too.
I want it too, but the video said it will be $54.99! That's like buying 2 games.

# 40 countryboy @ 01/08/11 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazbk
I want it too, but the video said it will be $54.99! That's like buying 2 games.
its no more expensive than any other new controller.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.