Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Check out this MLB 11 The Show video, captured by dmbfan1970. If you haven't read his hands-on impressions of the game, check those out, right here.

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 hitstreak13 @ 01/09/11 02:31 PM
Thanks!! It's going to be a grueling 2 months for me.

# 2 Shaffer26 @ 01/09/11 02:34 PM
Awesome. Looks like there is some nasty weather in KC

# 3 countryboy @ 01/09/11 02:36 PM
Wow! The game even makes dreary weather look beautiful! Well done.

# 4 Shaffer26 @ 01/09/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I've wanted this since I first started playing sports games lol. The time has come!

# 5 Blzer @ 01/09/11 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yes, that looks very sexy! I know I wouldn't want it every other game, but damn that looks pretty sweet. I think it's because we are seeing one at night, and I don't ever really remember seeing that in baseball video games before (normally it's just during daytime).

It looks like the crowd lighting isn't affected by the weather though, or maybe it's just me. Look at the batters walking up and how dark they are compared to the crowd, as if they are lit up by what would be normal nighttime lighting conditions. Maybe it's still being worked on.

And I love that it looks like they've found an in-between for ball physics between last year and this year. Hopefully when they're able to differentiate physics between grass and dirt surfaces, and incorporate different ball spin types on contact, these adjustments won't have to ever be made again.

That foul ball swing still looks ugly from behind the batter too though, haha. I wonder if that's one of the animations that will be worked on/changed up until release.

# 6 Rwings832 @ 01/09/11 02:49 PM
Even though it was farther away, that looks really good, also I noticed the warmup swings for the leadoff hitter for Texas looks much more fluid...the player models look great.

# 7 Spaced Ace @ 01/09/11 02:51 PM
Awesome! I can't wait...

# 8 Sco291 @ 01/09/11 03:45 PM
Looks great. Same presentation though. Oh well the lighting with the rain and stadium lights looks beautiful. Cant wait.

# 9 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/09/11 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Looks great. Same presentation though. Oh well the lighting with the rain and stadium lights looks beautiful. Cant wait.
Presentation is not added till towards the end.

# 10 Sco291 @ 01/09/11 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Presentation is not added till towards the end.
Oh, didn't know that. Awesome. Thanks.

# 11 Lewis160 @ 01/09/11 04:04 PM
Beautiful!!! The fans seem to not notice the rain and have no umbrella..Will we see fans with umbrellas and rain coats. Also in a raining game will we see the rain progress and degress like drizzling and then raining hard and vice versa? Lastly, will it impact attendance like fans leaving the game after it starts to rain hard..Other than that is AMAZING!!.

# 12 countryboy @ 01/09/11 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis160
Beautiful!!! The fans seem to not notice the rain and have no umbrella..Will we see fans with umbrellas and rain coats. Also in a raining game will we see the rain progress and degress like drizzling and then raining hard and vice versa? Lastly, will it impact attendance like fans leaving the game after it starts to rain hard..Other than that is AMAZING!!.
if they do, they'd better not have them in the parks that prohibit them. Dodger Stadium, Fenway Park(not allowed unless the game is in rain delay), and Dolphin(Sun Life) Stadium. If they do, I'm going to complain about the lack of realism. LOL

# 13 countryboy @ 01/09/11 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
That's what ppl said about madden 11's presentation overlays... hmmmm i wonder
what does Madden have to do with the Show?

# 14 countryboy @ 01/09/11 04:48 PM
Quote:
No, the overlays r the same as last year for the show. same as madden 11 to 10
First of all, my question wasn't a yes or no question...LOL

And second, are you sure about that?

# 15 countryboy @ 01/09/11 04:53 PM
Quote:
maybe........
so you state false assumptions as fact? Good to know.

# 16 dmbfan1970 @ 01/09/11 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Yes, that looks very sexy! I know I wouldn't want it every other game, but damn that looks pretty sweet. I think it's because we are seeing one at night, and I don't ever really remember seeing that in baseball video games before (normally it's just during daytime).

It looks like the crowd lighting isn't affected by the weather though, or maybe it's just me. Look at the batters walking up and how dark they are compared to the crowd, as if they are lit up by what would be normal nighttime lighting conditions. Maybe it's still being worked on.

And I love that it looks like they've found an in-between for ball physics between last year and this year. Hopefully when they're able to differentiate physics between grass and dirt surfaces, and incorporate different ball spin types on contact, these adjustments won't have to ever be made again.

That foul ball swing still looks ugly from behind the batter too though, haha. I wonder if that's one of the animations that will be worked on/changed up until release.
The game was a night game, however the start of a night game is light out as you know. SO, this isn't the rainy look at night. Thats why had I thought about it I would of had Ramone change inning to inning to see how rain looked at different times. I wonder if the rain stops tho after so long? Probably not but that would be kind neat.

# 17 DickDalewood @ 01/09/11 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Yes

Spoiler

Awesome

# 18 dmbfan1970 @ 01/09/11 09:03 PM
The other video I have I need to get permission from Ramone. I don't know what game mode it was (perhaps challenges) but he might want to wait till its formally announced before I post it.

# 19 Blzer @ 01/09/11 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan1970
The game was a night game, however the start of a night game is light out as you know. SO, this isn't the rainy look at night. Thats why had I thought about it I would of had Ramone change inning to inning to see how rain looked at different times. I wonder if the rain stops tho after so long? Probably not but that would be kind neat.
No I understand it's not the darkest of the skies, but I'm just saying that we haven't really seen a next-gen baseball game use any sort of weather effects at night, so this is definitely cool and different.

But yeah, right now the crowd seems unaffected by the rain in more than one way. We'll see what kind of developments the team makes in this department.

# 20 e0820 @ 01/10/11 08:53 AM
Very cool video. Who was that for SCEA? The graphic said David Bull, but the CES guy called him Russell and then Ramone.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.