Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Check out this MLB 11 The Show video, captured by dmbfan1970. If you haven't read his hands-on impressions of the game, check those out, right here.

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ckarlic @ 01/10/11 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
Very cool video. Who was that for SCEA? The graphic said David Bull, but the CES guy called him Russell and then Ramone.
It was Ramone Russell. He is one of the developers for the game.

# 22 Vanman2425 @ 01/10/11 03:29 PM
Anyone notice the Royals were wearing their dark blues? Last year those uniforms were only available for road games, leaving their powder blues and whites at home. Maybe there are more than two uniform uniform options (not counting throwbacks) that we are able to select?

# 23 countryboy @ 01/10/11 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
why would you need permission? It was out in the public eye at the show, they must not be hiding anything.
These types of posts are always amusing.

# 24 DickDalewood @ 01/10/11 04:18 PM
Quote:
why would you need permission? It was out in the public eye at the show, they must not be hiding anything.
Because he's not an idiot and would rather be safe about it?

# 25 eyeamg0dly @ 01/10/11 04:53 PM
be safe about it? did he have to sign a nda when he walked into ces ? did he walk into their studio and start recording? did russell take him into a closed off area and tell him not to give it out to the public without consent ?

# 26 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/10/11 04:59 PM
CES is not a public event.

Sent from the dugout using Tapatalk

# 27 countryboy @ 01/10/11 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
be safe about it? did he have to sign a nda when he walked into ces ? did he walk into their studio and start recording? did russell take him into a closed off area and tell him not to give it out to the public without consent ?
Anyone who records video of the game is only allowed to release that of which the developers say is ok, same as what they can talk about.

# 28 dmbfan1970 @ 01/10/11 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemens
mmmm...good eye. Hope so. We haven't seen much about uniforms so far. Another thing I'm anxious to see is no sleeves uniforms. I hope with the new player model we'll see it's two distinct piece of clothes not just a color change in the texture...
There are more uniform options this year. What it looked like to me was that you could change everything (meaning mix and match road/home). Not only do you change the hat and jersey but you change the pants as well if you want.

# 29 kt-od @ 01/10/11 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan1970
There are more uniform options this year. What it looked like to me was that you could change everything (meaning mix and match road/home). Not only do you change the hat and jersey but you change the pants as well if you want.
What about helmets?

# 30 dmbfan1970 @ 01/10/11 09:33 PM
You cycle thru them. not sure on the helmets tho. Don't know about any other game. this is all I play.

# 31 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/10/11 10:22 PM
You can select hat, jersey, pants. Any combination for either team before the game.

You can not select batting helmet.

# 32 countryboy @ 01/10/11 10:30 PM
Quote:
it's a videogame. Not KFC's secret recipe.
its not?! Damnit...I've been waiting to make the Colonel's original receipe.

# 33 BlackBetty15 @ 01/10/11 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

Really? I didnt know that. How does one get access to those types of events?

# 34 wrigleyville33 @ 01/10/11 10:40 PM
Quote:
That is awesome. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Wouldn't this be the easy get around with the mlb style guide?

# 35 eyeamg0dly @ 01/11/11 12:19 AM
Quote:

ces is a public event. companies get free passes, but public can pay and attend. i used to go ces every year.

# 36 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/11/11 12:49 AM
Quote:
You can select hat, jersey, pants. Any combination for either team before the game.

Is there a way to select a random outfit combination ??

# 37 dmbfan1970 @ 01/11/11 01:41 AM
Quote:
ces is a public event. companies get free passes, but public can pay and attend. i used to go ces every year.
International CES is NOT open to the general public. You must be in the consumer electronics industry to be eligible to attend the show. Our attendees are made up of more than 120,000 individuals including manufacturers, retailers, content providers and creators, broadband developers, installers, engineers, corporate buyers, government leaders, financial analysts and the media — representing the United States, Canada, Mexico and more than 130 other countries. All attendees must be at least 16 years of age. Two forms of identification are required on-site (one photo ID and one proof of business affiliation/business card).

# 38 Vanman2425 @ 01/11/11 10:14 AM
Quote:

YES!!!!! This is great news!!! Too bad about not being able to chose batting helmets, but I'll take it, great news!!!!

# 39 eyeamg0dly @ 01/12/11 11:07 PM
Quote:
International CES is NOT open to the general public. You must be in the consumer electronics industry to be eligible to attend the show. Our attendees are made up of more than 120,000 individuals including manufacturers, retailers, content providers and creators, broadband developers, installers, engineers, corporate buyers, government leaders, financial analysts and the media — representing the United States, Canada, Mexico and more than 130 other countries. All attendees must be at least 16 years of age. Two forms of identification are required on-site (one photo ID and one proof of business affiliation/business card).

once again this is only half right. non registered people can also pay to attend. i got free passes every year for registering the company i worked for, however i know people who pay every single year to attend.

# 40 SoxFan01605 @ 01/12/11 11:50 PM
Quote:
once again this is only half right. non registered people can also pay to attend. i got free passes every year for registering the company i worked for, however i know people who pay every single year to attend.
Obviously I can't speak to the situation of the guys you knew, but DMB is 100% correct.

From the CES site:

Quote:
International CES is not open to the general public. You must be in the consumer electronics industry to be eligible to attend the show. Our attendees are made up of more than 120,000 individuals including manufacturers, retailers, content providers and creators, broadband developers, installers, engineers, corporate buyers, government leaders, financial analysts and the media — representing the United States, Canada, Mexico and more than 130 other countries. All attendees must be at least 16 years of age. Two forms of identification are required on-site (one photo ID and one proof of business affiliation/business card).
Quote:
International CES is a trade-only show and is not open to the general public. Therefore, we must ensure all attendees are industry affiliates before issuing a badge holder. After the show, CES performs an official attendance audit through an outside auditing firm, and the on-site badge holder pickup process serves as a method for counting attendance.

Two forms of identification are required to pick up your badge holder:
  • One personal picture ID such as a driver's license or passport.
  • One business ID such as a business card, pay stub or statement on company letterhead indicating that you are representing that company at International CES.
http://www.cesweb.org/faq/generalFAQs.asp#1837

Aside from dedicating a day where students (with student I.D.) can get in unregistered for 100$, there seems to be no general admission.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.