Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

360, PS3, PC

Dynamic Player Ratings
Watch your favorite MLB® pitcher strike out the side in a real game, then watch his stats improve in your game. Dynamic Player Ratings update daily in MLB® Today, Franchise, and My Player.

Revamped Fielding System
Completely revamped fielding system, featuring improved AI, throwing meters and landing indicators to give you more control to run down a fly ball or make the play at the plate.

My Player mode
Guide your player through the Minor Leagues™ and into the history books with an improved My Player mode.

MLB Today
Stay up-to-date on the latest happenings in Major League Baseball®, with timely play-by-play commentary and stat overlays pulled from real life news and box scores.

Total Control Pitching & Hitting
The battle at the plate comes to life in the palms of your hands. Paint the corners with pinpoint accuracy on the mound, and then fight off nasty sliders until you get the pitch you’re looking for at the plate.

New player models
Amazing attention to detail captures every intricacy of the game. Enjoy completely rebuilt player models for Major League™ authenticity like never before.

Wii

Mini-Diamond
An all-new multiplayer mode set in wild venues, from a low gravity Space ballpark to a zany Circus environment. Get ready to experience fast-paced, Mini-Diamond baseball.

The battle at the plate comes to life with your Wii™ Remote and Nunchuk. With the flick of your wrist, paint the corners with pinpoint accuracy on the mound and then fight off nasty sliders until you get the pitch you’re looking for at the plate.

Home Run Derby®
Swing your Wii™ Remote for the fences against the league’s top sluggers.

Franchise
Build a championship team from the ground up over the course of several seasons, or take the reins of a perennial contender and aim for the World Series® in year one.

Tournament
Pick the teams, pick the series length and then play ball. May the best team win.

PS2

Franchise & Season
Build a championship franchise from the ground up over the course of several seasons, or take the reins of a perennial contender and aim for the World Series® in year one.

Play Online
Take your skills online and play against the best gamers in the 2K Sports community.

Home Run Derby®
Swing for the fences against the league’s top sluggers.

Manager Showdown
Think you’re a master baseball strategist? Prove it by setting your lineup, naming your starting pitcher and making all the right moves to guide your team to victory.

Situation Mode
Choose a custom situation and jump to that exact moment of the game.

PSP

Franchise & Season
Build a championship franchise from the ground up over the course of several seasons, or take the reins of a perennial contender and aim for the World Series® in year one.

Home Run Derby®
Swing for the fences against the league’s top sluggers. Play a quick head-to-head duel, or challenge them all in a tournament.

The Farm

Take a trip down to the Minor Leagues to play with future All-Stars.

Manager Showdown
Think you’re a master baseball strategist? Prove it by setting your lineup, naming your starting pitcher and making all the right moves to guide your team to victory.

DS

The battle at the plate comes to life in the palms of your hands. Paint the corners with pinpoint accuracy on the mound, and then fight off nasty sliders until you get the pitch you’re looking for at the plate.

Season & Postseason Modes
Choose between the marathon of a 162-game Season, or the sprint of the Postseason.

Unlockable Player Cards
Over 250 baseball cards to unlock as you go.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 PVarck31 @ 01/19/11 10:30 PM
I like how they mention all new fielding. If they fix the fielding then this game could be very good.

# 22 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/19/11 10:32 PM
Come on guys, let's not fudge this thread up

# 23 thaSLAB @ 01/19/11 10:45 PM
I kind of think the dynamic ratings in franchise is a little odd too, but it could work. I think it depends on what type of franchise you want (realistic or unique) - I think it basically shapes the outcome of your franchise to mimic the actual season. Of course, you still have the player input, so it won't play out exact.

I would hope that it is an option to toggle on/off (in franchise). Definitely a good feature for MLB Today and Exhibition tho.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 24 jeffy777 @ 01/19/11 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I like that if a player is hot he will be hot in the franchise season. To me that is really cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I actually agree. I think its a different perspective on the playability of franchise mode. Lets face it, two things people often "complain" about in regards to franchise mode:

a) players aren't playing "realistically"
b) progression/regression isn't working properly

Well, now you have, at least seemingly, both of those issues resolved.

Agreed. I've always wanted a "living" franchise, that builds on the "living" rosters that 2K added last year. It would also be nice if real life trades and roster moves showed up in franchise too. Not sure if they worked that part in, but either way I'm definitely looking forward to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I like how they mention all new fielding. If they fix the fielding then this game could be very good.
Me too. 2K10 was so close to being very good. Sounds like they're focusing on the right areas.

# 25 jeffy777 @ 01/19/11 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Well I'm certainly glad their attention is strictly focused on improving the game they have set in stone. No gimmicky modes, no heavy online attention, and hopefully nothing to hiccup the framerate or make this game melt in our console. This is the MLB 2K10 that should have been... let's hope.
Completely agree. The only thing that scares me a bit is the mention of painting of the corners with pinpoint pitching, but other than that I really like this list for the reasons you mentioned. I'm looking forward to some gameplay vids and the demo.

# 26 Knight165 @ 01/19/11 11:05 PM
On the dynamic update....it's gotta be an option....and if it is an option it is very cool.
Think about it....if you weren't hooked up to the internet ....your players would have to progress/regress in the offline mode.
As for the update part....it's kind of like recreating a season....except in real time. Pretty cool.

Hope I'm not trolling here......
It did make me smile though(chuckle actually)...so thanks!

M.K.
Knight165

# 27 l3ulvl @ 01/19/11 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I like the revamped fielding and I really like the dynamic player ratings. I've been waiting for a game to finally let you update player ratings AFTER you start a dynasty/franchise. Many games constantly update player rosters but what good is it for the offline guy that's already started a franchise? This finally solves that problem.
I agree with this 100%. I can't wait until dynamic rosters/ratings are in all sports games.

# 28 jeffy777 @ 01/19/11 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
On the dynamic update....it's gotta be an option....and if it is an option it is very cool.
Think about it....if you weren't hooked up to the internet ....your players would have to progress/regress in the offline mode.
As for the update part....it's kind of like recreating a season....except in real time. Pretty cool.

M.K.
Knight165
Yep, it's gotta be an option.

# 29 DrPhibes @ 01/19/11 11:21 PM
I just hope they give us the option to turn it off for those who wish not to partake in the dynamic roster in their franchise.

EDIT: Agreed with the posts above me.

# 30 duke776 @ 01/19/11 11:22 PM
Quote:

Hope I'm not trolling here......
It did make me smile though(chuckle actually)...so thanks!

M.K.
Knight165
Well what I'm really hoping for is that they worked on the progression, and didn't just add this as a "fix." I have very little doubt it's an option, I'm just hoping they improved the progression in a normal franchise not using this feature. Becuase I don't have any desire to use this, because of personal preference. It's still fairly early (for 2k at least), so I'm not really worried. I do hope we get some info about the regular progression before release.

# 31 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/19/11 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Well what I'm really hoping for is that they worked on the progression, and didn't just add this as a "fix." I have very little doubt it's an option, I'm just hoping they improved the progression in a normal franchise not using this feature. Becuase I don't have any desire to use this, because of personal preference. It's still fairly early (for 2k at least), so I'm not really worried. I do hope we get some info about the regular progression before release.
That was my exact same concern. Hoping it was not a "band aide".

# 32 DJ @ 01/19/11 11:51 PM
I just hope this works better than NBA Live's Dynamic DNA, but yeah, I am excited about the features listed. It would be cool to play a game a day and keep up with the real MLB season and see player ratings/performances change based on real world data.

# 33 DJ @ 01/19/11 11:53 PM
Ubaldo looks good in that pic and I like the camera angle, too.

# 34 Knight165 @ 01/20/11 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Sure...I understand.
There are guys who like to do their franchise/seasons exact as the MLB plays out and this would be a dream for that.
I wonder...would it update custom rosters?...I guess if they are tagging individual players(for the update to look for) rather than the roster as a whole it would...but I wonder.
At any rate....this is a nice little feature as an option.

M.K.
Knight165

# 35 l3ulvl @ 01/20/11 12:24 AM
Quote:
Sure...I understand.
There are guys who like to do their franchise/seasons exact as the MLB plays out and this would be a dream for that.
I wonder...would it update custom rosters?...I guess if they are tagging individual players(for the update to look for) rather than the roster as a whole it would...but I wonder.
At any rate....this is a nice little feature as an option.

M.K.
Knight165
I'm guessing they wouldn't update for anything other than the official 2K roster, but I could be wrong. To me it sounds like it'll be an option, like play 1 season with dynamic rosters with the option of it becoming a full fledged franchise file in year 2. Or the other option of just starting a franchise from year 1 and having progression play out at it's own rate, without dynamic anything.

# 36 dodgerblue @ 01/20/11 12:48 AM
The dynamic rosters sound great, I really enjoyed the mlb today feature but I wonder:

If you fall behind in your franchise, say you are in April and the actual season has progressed to july, will your stats and attributes match the April or July real season? I guess we'll just have to wait. But I hope in this case it would match video game to actual game if you catch my meaning.

# 37 nolesfan69 @ 01/20/11 12:54 AM
I like the features list and I will be crossing my fingers that the stats are
accurate as possible. Also the improved fielding is also great to hear, I
hope the framerate is not affected where it's choppy. But I doubt that
will happen, I am sure it will be fine. Also. I am proud to say I preordered
the game today. I will be looking out for some more news as the game
gets closer to release.

# 38 leafs nation @ 01/20/11 01:36 AM
Dynamic player ratings sounds so cool to me. I want this in all sports games I play. If we could get a option to update rosters via download throughout the season without a restart to my franchise I would be in sports video game heaven. I thought this would have happened years ago. When I first read about living rosters two years ago I thought that was what it meant.

# 39 rock85 @ 01/20/11 02:11 AM
I really like the dynamic player ratings. I sure hope they really did work on the fielding it was just to auto for my taste last year, also errors and injuries if this is all in this year this game could be very good

# 40 Skyboxer @ 01/20/11 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I actually agree. I think its a different perspective on the playability of franchise mode. Lets face it, two things people often "complain" about in regards to franchise mode:

a) players aren't playing "realistically"
b) progression/regression isn't working properly

Well, now you have, at least seemingly, both of those issues resolved.
Im totally diferent. I dont want my franchise to be mirrors of real life. My franchise is to be all its own. I really dont want someone in my franchise to get a + or - progression due to real life counterpart.
Then again i never understood why people want their fantasy franchise to play exactly like real life. Might as well just do a fantasy league. IMO of course. Hopefully its an option that can be turned off. If not there will zero chance of a purchase. Glad its there for those that want it but hope its an option.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.