Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

EA Sports is not resting on its laurels, as they prepare for FIFA 12. Check out the planned improvements for the upcoming season.

Quote:
"The producer (David Rutter) told the latest issue of OPM UK that EA has an "enormous shopping list" of improvements it wishes to make in its new game - and specified a few areas that the studio's already working on.

"I think we did a great job with the Personality Plus feature [in FIFA 11," he said, "but the the teams [AI] doesn't support that quite as much as it should.

"As an example, a team doesn't spot that if Peter Crouch in the area, they can lay a load of high balls onto his head."

Rutter also revealed that set pieces are getting a complete overhaul, and that EA isn't happy with interruptive in-game loading screens.

"Set-pieces are still a bit lame," he candidly admitted. "I get frustrated by not being able to do quick throw-ins, not being able to quickly select my free-kick takers, on the fly stuff. We're somewhat last-gen in the way the game cuts [before those things]."

Source - FIFA 12: EA details improved AI, set pieces (CVG)

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 J-Unit40 @ 01/29/11 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
Slow the game down and have actual build-up play like PES. The fast paced stealfest is the biggest problem for me with FIFA.
Exactly. I never felt so strongly about that until after I played PES 11. Two very, very different games, but the constant pressure in FIFA makes it not seem like soccer at times.

Don't get me wrong, I like FIFA 11, but the stealfest that it is, depresses my enjoyment of the game.

# 22 Whitesox @ 01/30/11 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
Tell the fans "We've fixed the defensive AI and their insane pressure system" and I'll give this game a shot.
This pretty much hits the nail on the head. And it will be a rent first deal.

If I remember correctly, weren't they touting better AI last year, too?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.