Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

Game.UK looks to have the Fight Night Champion demo details.

Edit: Looks like it is official.

Quote:

Those in the UK pre-ordering from GAME will be able to get the demo early on Jan 27th at approximately 2PM GMT (X360) or 4PM GMT (PS3). They will receive a code entitling them to download the game early.

Here are the dates and times for all regions and please note these times are driven by PSN/XBLA:

PS3:
North America: Feb 1st at 9pm EST
EU and UK: Feb 2nd at 8pm GMT
Asia: Feb 1st at 1am GMT
UK GAME Exclusive: Jan 27th at 4pm GMT

X360:
Gold Users: Feb 1st at 9am EST
Silver Users: Feb 8th at 9am EST
UK GAME Exclusive: Jan 27th at 2pm GMT

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Chivers688 @ 01/24/11 05:34 PM
Hold on. So do we not get this stuff if we don't pre-order from game? I'm pretty sure we all get the demo.
So do we only get like 2 fighters and like 1 round, or...?

And it says on their website early access to the demo? But the demo comes out one the 1st Feb, and they send you the code for the early access on the 28th Jan....
So, unless I'm missing something, you get about 3 days early access?

# 2 Panicshade @ 01/24/11 05:36 PM
the only thing exclusive will be the 3 day early access for the pre-orders from that store. no word yet on if there will be early access in the US

# 3 DaveDQ @ 01/24/11 06:36 PM
According to Brizzo's twitter, the demo will have online vs for a week, possibly two.

# 4 Panicshade @ 01/24/11 06:47 PM
http://twitter.com/TheBrizzo

there is Brian Hayes' twitter page confirming what Dave mentioned

# 5 Vast @ 01/24/11 07:41 PM
Sweet. Early access to the demo would be spectacular.

# 6 acts238shaun @ 01/24/11 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Jaw lines about to get snapped out a wack. wooo. Folks know the tag "Pharoethagreat" xbox360. Come see me.

By the way, where is everyone currently? I'm online with FightNight 4 daily. You looking for sim, check the tag. Come see me.
Ditto. PSN is WarSooie

# 7 SteelerSpartan @ 01/25/11 01:56 AM
wish we could have at least six rounds for that Ali vs Tyson fight

but still am glad they'll be able to get some Online feedback....hope any exploits or cheese factors can get identified and rooted out quickly when the game releases

# 8 BlueNGold @ 01/25/11 04:55 AM
Hot damn! We get to play online with this thing? I've always wondered why sports game demos don't do that more often.

# 9 acts238shaun @ 01/25/11 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Hot damn! We get to play online with this thing? I've always wondered why sports game demos don't do that more often.
why don't we try to break the game/find glitches and exploits? That way if there is something messed up they can tune it/add it before they release it? Also we should make a list on here about any cheese we encounter. I am sure a week into the demo being out we'll see all kinds of stuff if there's anything to see.

Too bad they aren't giving us sliders, I can have a set out for when the game is released, lol.

# 10 Panicshade @ 01/25/11 09:14 AM
The reason most sports games don't do online for their demos is that it doesn't make sense from a profit perspective. With most demos you can download them and keep them forever so if there was online with that you can say "well my favorite team or fighter is on here so I will just use that." The way they are doing it here makes sense for everyone. People can get the demo and try out the online part and see if there are any exploits and EA can test out their servers and get feedback from players about that part of it a month before the game comes out instead of having to wait until launch day. EA did the same expiring demo with Need For Speed Hot Pursuit that let players use the online part of the game for a couple weeks before the demo was shutdown permanently before the full retail release. I know some won't like the fact of only being able to play it for 2 weeks but at least you get a demo in the first place because nothing says they ever have to make one.

UPDATE: The Facebook page has been updated and the details are official. Also they say the online part will be available for the first 2 weeks the demo is available. To me that means the demo will be offline forever like in the past demos and that the online part will expire on February 15.

# 11 DaveDQ @ 01/25/11 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
wish we could have at least six rounds for that Ali vs Tyson fight

but still am glad they'll be able to get some Online feedback....hope any exploits or cheese factors can get identified and rooted out quickly when the game releases
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
why don't we try to break the game/find glitches and exploits? That way if there is something messed up they can tune it/add it before they release it? Also we should make a list on here about any cheese we encounter. I am sure a week into the demo being out we'll see all kinds of stuff if there's anything to see.

Too bad they aren't giving us sliders, I can have a set out for when the game is released, lol.
Definitely. I'm going to be playing a lot of it to see what is up with people trying to exploit things etc. This is a nice gesture by the dev team in including online.

# 12 BQ32 @ 01/25/11 10:31 AM
I'm taking down all these gamertags to see who actually will fight and actually has any skill, lol. Here is to someone giving me a good match.

# 13 Phobia @ 01/25/11 11:28 AM
Guys hit me up when the demo drops for a match. I will be recording the footage!

# 14 BQ32 @ 01/25/11 11:59 AM
Phobia, whats your live gamertag?

# 15 Phobia @ 01/25/11 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Phobia, whats your live gamertag?
Phobia OS

Hit me up, I think my friend list is full so message me.

# 16 DaveDQ @ 01/25/11 12:38 PM
Down goes Phobia...down goes Phobia!

# 17 Phobia @ 01/25/11 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Down goes Phobia...down goes Phobia!
Did you just wake up from a dream

# 18 Steve_OS @ 01/25/11 03:03 PM
Quick update.

Added to OP.

Those in the UK pre-ordering from GAME will be able to get the demo early on Jan 27th at approximately 2PM GMT (X360) or 4PM GMT (PS3). They will receive a code entitling them to download the game early.

Here are the dates and times for all regions and please note these times are driven by PSN/XBLA:

PS3:
North America: Feb 1st at 9pm EST
EU and UK: Feb 2nd at 8pm GMT
Asia: Feb 1st at 1am GMT
UK GAME Exclusive: Jan 27th at 4pm GMT

X360:
Gold Users: Feb 1st at 9am EST
Silver Users: Feb 8th at 9am EST
UK GAME Exclusive: Jan 27th at 2pm GMT

# 19 BlueNGold @ 01/25/11 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
The reason most sports games don't do online for their demos is that it doesn't make sense from a profit perspective. With most demos you can download them and keep them forever so if there was online with that you can say "well my favorite team or fighter is on here so I will just use that." The way they are doing it here makes sense for everyone. People can get the demo and try out the online part and see if there are any exploits and EA can test out their servers and get feedback from players about that part of it a month before the game comes out instead of having to wait until launch day. EA did the same expiring demo with Need For Speed Hot Pursuit that let players use the online part of the game for a couple weeks before the demo was shutdown permanently before the full retail release. I know some won't like the fact of only being able to play it for 2 weeks but at least you get a demo in the first place because nothing says they ever have to make one.

UPDATE: The Facebook page has been updated and the details are official. Also they say the online part will be available for the first 2 weeks the demo is available. To me that means the demo will be offline forever like in the past demos and that the online part will expire on February 15.
That's what I meant.

# 20 acts238shaun @ 01/25/11 08:13 PM

This year I might have a chance to crack the top 100. I gave up lasy year because of all the spinning, hyper punching and cheese that went on AFTER the last patch.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.