Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This is a very very late addition/change to MLB 11 The Show. Kolbe and Jeff Ulman, one of our senior AI programmers, went into the cave this past weekend and re-wrote a massive amount of code for trades and off-season logic for franchise mode.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 nemesis04 @ 01/26/11 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Definitely not.
They were still working on the rosters that second week of January we were there.

M.K.
Knight165
Correct, when we were there they said in a week or two they were going to cut it off. It really does not matter as there is usually a roster update waiting on release day.

# 142 Gibson88 @ 01/26/11 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Correct, when we were there they said in a week or two they were going to cut it off. It really does not matter as there is usually a roster update waiting on release day.
Great point! Thanks!
I love this community!

# 143 bobeureally27 @ 01/26/11 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
So you are saying that the draft is really 10 rounds but never gets past 5 rounds?
That is precisely what I'm saying.

# 144 theaub @ 01/27/11 11:53 AM
Quote:
So then how do you know it is actually 10 rounds if it never gets past 5? I guess that is what I am confused about.
The start of the draft that shows the draft order goes for 10 rounds

# 145 Knight165 @ 01/27/11 12:27 PM
Quote:
I had no idea. So if I sim to my next draft, prior to drafting, I can scroll through the draft rounds to see that there are ten? 3 full seasons of franchise and I had no idea. incredible.
The most I've ever seen is some 7th rounders.
I only know...because I usually pick my teams 1st round...then sim the rest.
I then go in after ST of the following year and check the ROSTER FOUNDATION screen of each team....find their picks round by round...and edit them down to a decent starting point(my opinion of one) for a rookie player and their names and appearances(just my own little neurosis)...and I don't think I've ever seen a round 8 guy.

M.K.
Knight165

# 146 theaub @ 01/27/11 12:35 PM
Yep...I simulated 5 years of a franchise and the draft ended in various parts of round 7 each year. Nonetheless the CPU sets up the draft for longer than that.

# 147 Rwings832 @ 01/27/11 05:58 PM
Quote:
That is a pretty good idea. I hate seeing the draft picks get to the show before the studs you created. There was a team in my franchise that brought up an 18 year old catcher before playing a single game in the minors. I might try your method in next year's game. I already go through the edit screen to give them random stances anyway so this wouldn't take much more time.

One thing I noticed about the roster foundation screen is that they count the supplemental round as 2nd, and all subsequent rounds are one off. So if you had a sup pick, your second rounder would say drafted in the third round. Third round pick would say drafted in the fourth, etc.
The player vault should really help this to for next years game....I have to think someone will start rating the prospects from the OSFM...Knight I may have to try that myself too!

# 148 Knight165 @ 01/27/11 06:34 PM
Quote:
I don't think you can use the player vault after you have started your franchise though. I could be wrong on that, but I thought knight said something about not being able to do that this year. If I am wrong, that would be fantastic.
No...you're right.
They tried....they actually kept trying until about two weeks before we got to the event. It was just wreaking havoc with the rosters and causing crashes. Kolbe said they were close...but not liking it enough in it's state to let it in so close to going gold.
I think we'll definitely get it next year and that will be fantastic.

M.K.
Knight165

# 149 Jgainsey @ 01/27/11 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No...you're right.
They tried....they actually kept trying until about two weeks before we got to the event. It was just wreaking havoc with the rosters and causing crashes. Kolbe said they were close...but not liking it enough in it's state to let it in so close to going gold.
I think we'll definitely get it next year and that will be fantastic.

M.K.
Knight165
Wow. That is great news!

# 150 Gibson88 @ 01/27/11 07:36 PM
Any word on when new Demos will come out? I might be out of touch, but I have only seen the first one.
I can't wait till March 8th!!!

# 151 treyraq @ 01/27/11 09:36 PM
Has the release date always been early March? I thought once it came out about a week before Opening Day? Even though it sounds like blasphemy, any chance of the release date being later next year if there's more to "squeeze in?"

# 152 countryboy @ 01/27/11 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyraq
Has the release date always been early March? I thought once it came out about a week before Opening Day? Even though it sounds like blasphemy, any chance of the release date being later next year if there's more to "squeeze in?"
its always been late Feb or early March. For MLB '07, the PS3 version of the game was delayed until April. The PS2 and PSP versions came out in Feb/Mar if I recall correctly.

# 153 MizzyMike05 @ 01/28/11 10:09 AM
Man i'm rather excited. Can't wait 'til March!

# 154 juicer420 @ 01/28/11 03:07 PM
Wow! I really hope teams will recognize franchise players a little more and position depth. It use to annoy me when you would see superstars traded to a team only to sit on the bench behind another superstar. Best example I have was when Adrian Gonzalez was traded to the Cards in my franchise. He was sitting the bench behind Pujols for 2 years before I made some trades to get him on a team that made more sense. The funny thing is, I got him on the Red Sox!

# 155 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/28/11 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
Wow! I really hope teams will recognize franchise players a little more and position depth. It use to annoy me when you would see superstars traded to a team only to sit on the bench behind another superstar. Best example I have was when Adrian Gonzalez was traded to the Cards in my franchise. He was sitting the bench behind Pujols for 2 years before I made some trades to get him on a team that made more sense. The funny thing is, I got him on the Red Sox!
I on behalf of Red Sox Nation, owe you a big thanks of gratitude, for you set forth the karma and destiny we have received!

# 156 juicer420 @ 01/28/11 03:14 PM
Hey no problem Enigma! As a diehard Giants fan, no team has been blessed with greater karma this past year than my Giants! I can't wait for the show!

# 157 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/28/11 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
Hey no problem Enigma! As a diehard Giants fan, no team has been blessed with greater karma this past year than my Giants! I can't wait for the show!
Your jaw is going to drop when you see your ballpark. Trust me!

# 158 myghty @ 01/28/11 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson88
Any word on when new Demos will come out? I might be out of touch, but I have only seen the first one.
I can't wait till March 8th!!!
I would just like some new, high rez screen shots and/or video. Its been a while since we've seen anything new & game is a month away from release.

# 159 juicer420 @ 01/28/11 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Your jaw is going to drop when you see your ballpark. Trust me!
I've heard they have down some new things with AT&T. I can't wait to see it and you just made that excitement go up a lot! These guys over at SCEA are the best!

# 160 Russell_SCEA @ 01/28/11 06:12 PM
So I've been playing Franchise mode almost exclusively all this week as Kolbe and Ulman have been making changes. I can report the cpu is much much more intelligent when making trades and accepting user ones. The 2013 bug with A rated players being rampant in free agency is completely gone. Teams don't give up their potential super stars for anything less than fare market value.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.