Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Phobia @ 01/28/11 03:44 PM
Mike respond via E-mail about the Punch accuracy issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Please keep a few things in mind…and be sure to remind our community…

- IF users feel the punch accuracy is too high they can tune it themselves in the game play settings screen. (not available in the demo)

- Punch accuracy actually gets worse when boxers are fatigued. Fatigue isn’t factoring into the demo very much/at all because its’ a three round fight.

That said, we’ll continue to monitor the forums and feedback…we also have telemetry which reports back the exact connect %’s from fights….if it’s too high we can decrease it in a live tuner set when the game launches

# 22 DaveDQ @ 01/28/11 03:52 PM
That's great. Thanks for doing that, Phobia. I noticed in the Cotto fight (online) he slows down quite a bit and his stamina is taking a hit. You can hear him breathing differently and see his punches move very slowly.

# 23 Po Pimp @ 01/28/11 04:05 PM
What about the impact from punches? I hate how the fighters can walk through punches unaffected.

I do like the new camera angle. What is the purpose of the referee though? He seems pretty cosmetic in the video.

# 24 Phobia @ 01/28/11 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
That's great. Thanks for doing that, Phobia. I noticed in the Cotto fight (online) he slows down quite a bit and his stamina is taking a hit. You can hear him breathing differently and see his punches move very slowly.
I know what I played at community day and can instantly tell there was tweaks made so my first reaction was to address what will be picked apart by the sim crowd. So it is good to know they are monitoring this area very closely.

# 25 Phobia @ 01/28/11 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
What about the impact from punches? I hate how the fighters can walk through punches unaffected.

I do like the new camera angle. What is the purpose of the referee though? He seems pretty cosmetic in the video.
I think some of that is that it is early round first of all so guys are a lot more resilient and I also have not seen a video with a guy using the heavy punch modifier yet.

# 26 Money99 @ 01/28/11 04:08 PM
Quote:

I'd still like to see a static camera similar to VB's. Right now, it's still too much like a 2-D game because the fighters are always locked in. That doesn't leave a lot of opportunity to fire from different angles.

# 27 Po Pimp @ 01/28/11 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'd still like to see a static camera similar to VB's. Right now, it's still too much like a 2-D game because the fighters are always locked in. That doesn't leave a lot of opportunity to fire from different angles.
I agree. I used to always use the swing camera in FN3 for that reason u named.

# 28 Phobia @ 01/28/11 04:13 PM
Like this video for instance. You see the CPU Mike Tyson is winging some heavy modifier punches. 4:02 he throws a heavy modifier body shot. Then after that he starts throwing some huge heavy modifiers that are missing you can see the big drain on stamina it does. Where the user is all these videos rarely uses the heavy punches.

# 29 DaveDQ @ 01/28/11 04:28 PM
Quote:

The impact from punches landing is outrageously silly. That and the knockdowns. They need better knockdown animations. Some of these look like the fighter got sniped from the top balcony and yet he gets up at the count of 2. I really dislike that about this series' current form.

But yes, I'm seeing huge overhand rights landing and the fighter sits still. It was like this in the bare knuckles vid a while back and remains.

# 30 Phobia @ 01/28/11 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
The impact from punches landing is outrageously silly. That and the knockdowns. They need better knockdown animations. Some of these look like the fighter got sniped from the top balcony and yet he gets up at the count of 2. I really dislike that about this series' current form.

But yes, I'm seeing huge overhand rights landing and the fighter sits still. It was like this in the bare knuckles vid a while back and remains.
LMAO it does look like he got sniped in the back

# 31 videobastard @ 01/28/11 05:52 PM
This camera angle is much better then the close up angle. I like how you can see more of the ring and the fighters circling around the ring.

The presentation already seemed tired and dull after watching the third video posted. It just does not have the feeling of a big fight.

The gameplay is still too much rocky balboa. The stamina, quickness to avoid a punch, punching accuracy, foot speed need to be tweaked so the matches look more realistic.

The sound of hard punches sound stupid to me. Its a terrible sound effect that makes the game feel like an arcade game instead of simulation. I also do not like how the players just take these hard hits like their heads are made of steel.

It would look much better to have more animations for hard punches, instead of this constant hitting back and forth without the fighters having any life to them. Its like they are walking terminators. I would like to see maybe a loss of balance, staggered animations while the fight is going on instead of just waiting for a stun mode or knockdown animation.

# 32 JayBee74 @ 01/28/11 05:57 PM
It will be interesting to see how stamina will play out for an entire fight. In the first Ali-Tyson video Ali went 140/260 (53%), averaging 86 punches per round. Tyson went 101/218 (46%), averaging 72 punches per round. Of course Tyson had a lot more heavy punches thrown.

The heavyweight average per round is 17/46 (37%).

The welterweight average per round is 19/58 (33%)

# 33 vision @ 01/28/11 06:16 PM
Man... I reaally hate how the guy using Cotto was spamming the bob and weave in the second online fight. I find it very abusive and cheap. I thought EA was going to get rid of it. Is there an option to disable it?

# 34 Bamtino @ 01/28/11 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
someone said the footwork looked good? I only watched the first vid but i thought the footwork was awful. Guys sliding all over the place instead of taking actual steps. Add to that the sound from the punches, the crappy commentary and unrealistic connect rates and this game is looking like a pass to me.
C/s everything

The footwork was not worked on at all and its god awful once again. Boxers slide around like they're on ice. I also don't see much change from an overall gameplay perspective. Yes they finally got rid of the insanely stupid stun blocking gimmick but the core of the game is still heavily arcade oriented. It's FNR4 with better punch animations.

You're also right about the ref, its pure aesthetics. Notice when the boxers clinch the ref doesn't even step in to break it up. I appreciate the fact we FINALLY have a damn ref in the ring though. It only took EA 7 years to figure out how to implement one in Fight Night even though its just for show.

# 35 Joey Sauce @ 01/28/11 08:42 PM
first thing that jumped off the screen to me is the fact that I see no difference in each fighter's speed or fighting styles. They look like mirror images but in fact Pacquiao is super fast with his hands and he seems just as fast as cotto..i need to see more fighter specific animations

# 36 t_SKY @ 01/28/11 08:56 PM
I hope that the commentary part is new. It would look more realistic if we use the real commentators. I wanted to see more "stiff" on the punches and decrease the stamina.

# 37 allBthere @ 01/29/11 01:09 AM
just saw the arreola fight. BS!!! kiss and all..no thread for it, but just thought I'd post. you gotta give even a long shot a chance...of course he would have lost, but come on...why not just call it before the fight.

# 38 JayBee74 @ 01/29/11 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
Man... I reaally hate how the guy using Cotto was spamming the bob and weave in the second online fight. I find it very abusive and cheap. I thought EA was going to get rid of it. Is there an option to disable it?
He might have abused it but he was knocked down 4 times and Pac hit him 62% of the time. Also all that "body torquing" is supposed to affect your stamina.

In that 3 rounder Pac and Cotto averaged 250 punches per round. The welter weight average is 58 punches per round.

The welterweight average per round is 19/58 (33%)

# 39 Dazraz @ 01/29/11 04:05 AM
The good:-

Improved lighting
More fluid combinations

The bad:-

Fighter movement is too quick. They zip around the ring like a couple of mosquitos. Hopefully there is a slider to slow things up to a more realistic pace.
Defence seems an afterthought. This could be a reflection on those playing the demo though.
Same old dire commentary
Lack of any quality pre fight build up or post fight sequences.
Same old boring slo-mo KO replays

Overall this is a disappointment. It's been a while since FN4 was released but it seems that EA have just taken a short time to work on the latest iteration. Improved lighting, some gameplay alterations & a Legacy Mode appear to be the limit of the upgrades. If Fight Night was released on a yearly basis I would likely be content with the changes. However for a title that is only released every 2 or 3 years I would expect something alot better. EA persistently ignore the presentation elements of this game.

# 40 JayBee74 @ 01/29/11 06:21 AM
Obviously the footwork needs work, but it looks like you're better able to maneuver your fighter around the ring.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.