Home
Tiger 12 News Post

Joystiq has posted their Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 preview, where they talk about the caddy system.

Quote:
"Having played plenty of golf games before, I found there was some getting used to the caddy system. Once you select one of the caddy's recommendations, you can't alter that shot plan -- if you want to change anything, you have to back out to the recommendation options. (Protip: Longtime Tiger players will probably want to stick with the custom shot option, which is how you map out your fine-tuned shot path the old-fashioned way). Once I got used to the new shot selection mechanic, however, I couldn't believe it hadn't been a component of the series all along. It's a simple and effective way to remove the barrier for non-golfing gamers, as well as non-gaming golfers -- once you've selected a shot, you've got one button to worry about: just swing!

The only drawback to the caddy system I noticed was in its lack of actually tutoring the player. The system doesn't seem to share with you any insight into how it determines its shot calibrations, so it's not going to necessarily make you a more knowledgeable golfer -- on or off the couch. The character will simply offer a few lines of basic dialog as you set up to take the shot."

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The MastersReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ougriffin22 @ 01/31/11 02:25 PM
Maybe I am missing something, but the past TW producer vids show the game being released March 29. This video says April 1.

# 2 DivotMaker @ 01/31/11 07:07 PM
A new video describing the Caddy feature....

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/01/31...tiger-woods-12

# 3 OnlookerDelay @ 01/31/11 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ougriffin22
Maybe I am missing something, but the past TW producer vids show the game being released March 29. This video says April 1.
I've heard that the game is released March 29th in North America, and April 1st in Europe.

# 4 sroz39 @ 02/01/11 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
A new video describing the Caddy feature....

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/01/31...tiger-woods-12
Might actually give this Caddy thing a shot after watching that video. I kind of like the idea of developing my caddy along with my golfer. We'll see. I totally laughed at the Gameflow feature in Madden when it was first announced but ended up using it almost exclusively for play-calling . As I'm getting older (just turned 29 recently) my time to play games is getting shorter and features like this really help me get into games quicker.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.