Home
Madden 12 News Post

About a week ago, Ian Cummings asked the readers of OS, about their thoughts on a Super Bowl halftime video podcast.

Well, we won't get a video podcast, but we will see a Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl halftime blog.

Most of us would love to see a blog covering the new and improved Franchise Mode, but it doesn't look like that will happen, as they want to save it for later.

With that out of the way, what are you hoping it will cover?

Quote:
"On a side note, I finally got a draft semi-approved of the Super Bowl Halftime blog. Which means it's official - there will be a blog!"

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RedZoneD25 @ 02/01/11 11:58 PM
Sounds good, I understand why they'd want to wait. Though as a hardcore franchise user, I'm on pins and needles waiting for the franchise blog. I feel good things about it this year.

# 2 everydaygorship @ 02/02/11 02:08 AM
Im hoping to see something about line play, or some Individual running animations, something on the gameplay side.

# 3 Tengo Juego @ 02/02/11 03:02 AM
I expect a general outline for '12. It's far too early for Ian to get clearance on anything meaty.

And I'm hoping EA doesn't play the franchise cards close to the chest. I think it's the most important thing to be discussed with the community.

# 4 N51_rob @ 02/02/11 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego

And I'm hoping EA doesn't play the franchise cards close to the chest. I think it's the most important thing to be discussed with the community.
I hate to sound shallow but franchise mode will be the sole factor in my buying of this game. I've heard that post patch 5 Madden 11 is pretty good. So I see no reason that can't br carried over and improved.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

# 5 BigDuke @ 02/02/11 08:34 AM
No franchise mode info? Why ask a question if you're not going to listen to the answer?

# 6 havokeff @ 02/02/11 08:52 AM
Who says they didn't listen? There are a lot of reasons why they may not have wanted to address franchise. None of them may have anything to do with what we wanted or not. And they were asking for suggestions, not marching orders.

As for what I would like to get from the blog...

As much as I would like some good news on franchise, I, after playing countless hours of Madden 11 (Is there a way to track how much time I have actually spent playing?), want to here some news on a few things related to game play.

I'm a little sick of weight having no bearing on the game. 6'7" 385 pound men, should not be getting stiff armed on their asses by 5'6" 185 pound men. Nor should the latter be falling forward when tackled by the former.

There has got to be a better way to do animations, if that is the system they are going to use. Specifically, the animations on QB tackles when defenders come flying in from behind and then inexplicably rotate to the side and throw the QB down, allowing them to throw, instead of just plowing through them and getting the sack. Just a single example, but the one that is most prevalent in my mind.

Honestly, I have played every incarnation of franchise, and they, towards the end of the year get just as stale as the previous incarnation, and it has nothing to do with innovation. It is a computer game with set rules, and once you figure them out, it is just what happens. However, as long as gameplay is fresh, the other modes will all seem much better.

# 7 1WEiRDguy @ 02/02/11 09:36 AM
~sighs~..im not sure how to feel about this

# 8 RGiles36 @ 02/02/11 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
No franchise mode info? Why ask a question if you're not going to listen to the answer?
I have to say that I kinda feel like people were being naive in thinking they would get franchise info.

If we're to presume that franchise will be a big ticket feature this year (as the devs have hinted at), why would they put out any info about that at this time of the year?

I could be surprised, but I expect something along the lines of the procedural awareness blog from 2 years ago. Something perhaps highly detailed, that the overall masses could care less about.

# 9 econoodle @ 02/02/11 10:56 AM
I am ok with EA not allowing ian to talk franchise this early.

the fact that the suits said they 'want to save it' has me excited that there r some nice changes!

will this be the year i finally buy madden?
first time since 09 [ps3] and only second time since 07 on wii

# 10 TDKing @ 02/02/11 10:59 AM
People are naive if they thought they had input on the half time blog. They chose their topic and plan along time ago. They are just trying to make you feel involved. The marketing plan is set in stone already for 12.. IMO of course.

# 11 roadman @ 02/02/11 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
As another poster said, they were looking for thoughts and ideas, not directives.

A clue, though, is that Ian mentioned on Twitter "they want to save it." Translation is that they worked on franchise mode for Madden 12.

The big guns won't come out until June-August.

# 12 RedZoneD25 @ 02/02/11 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
As another poster said, they were looking for thoughts and ideas, not directives.

A clue, though, is that Ian mentioned on Twitter "they want to save it." Translation is that they worked on franchise mode for Madden 12.

The big guns won't come out until June-August.
Exactly. The admission that they want to save it makes me 90x more schoolgirl-giddy for the simple reason that it subliminally said "We finally did it, guys..and it's gonna be worth the wait...just be cool for now"

# 13 thudias @ 02/02/11 11:51 AM
Hmm.. How much did we hear about head coach before it was released? I know apples and oranges

# 14 1WEiRDguy @ 02/02/11 11:58 AM
how would you guys feel as June rolls around and still no mention of significant changes to franchise mode? Me personally, im an offline guy and will always be. I cant stand the internet peeing matches that come wtih online play, yet most of the "innovations" are geared towards online play. Now if franchise mode mirrors the glory days of Madden 04 but with more depth, then i will gladly stand corrected...til then, as of today, this will mark the 6th consecutive year i will not be buying.

# 15 roadman @ 02/02/11 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WEiRDguy
how would you guys feel as June rolls around and still no mention of significant changes to franchise mode? Me personally, im an offline guy and will always be. I cant stand the internet peeing matches that come wtih online play, yet most of the "innovations" are geared towards online play. Now if franchise mode mirrors the glory days of Madden 04 but with more depth, then i will gladly stand corrected...til then, as of today, this will mark the 6th consecutive year i will not be buying.
Well, the electronics show in June for Madden 10 showed the franchise improvements and last year, before the electronics show, they announced not much was added to franchise mode.

So, if there isn't a nugget of info by the time the electronic show rolls out, then I'd be surprised.

Just going on past history.

# 16 BigDuke @ 02/02/11 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
Who says they didn't listen?
I said they didn't listen. Why ask an open-ended question if the answers are limited? If they never intended to reveal new franchise info, then why not specify that when asking for suggestions? I never would have bothered to answer otherwise.

Edit - Just wanted to add something. I'm looking forward to reading the blog. It just seemed pointless to me to ask people what they wanted the blog to reveal, then say they're not revealing what the majority of us requested. I get the impression they already knew the subject matter before asking the question. If that's the case, why bother to ask? That's all.

# 17 1WEiRDguy @ 02/02/11 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well, the electronics show in June for Madden 10 showed the franchise improvements and last year, before the electronics show, they announced not much was added to franchise mode.

So, if there isn't a nugget of info by the time the electronic show rolls out, then I'd be surprised.

Just going on past history.
im not trying to be rude or anything, and keep it mind i havent bought madden in years, but what signficant offline franchise changes were implemented in Madden 11?

# 18 statum71 @ 02/02/11 02:50 PM
Not too disappointed. I expected them to hold on to franchise mode infe. Rightfully so.

But for God sake....PLEASE....no itty bitty stuff like "wind socks or Super Bowl patches." Now THAT would be disappointing.

# 19 roadman @ 02/02/11 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WEiRDguy
im not trying to be rude or anything, and keep it mind i havent bought madden in years, but what signficant offline franchise changes were implemented in Madden 11?
You aren't being rude.

First, I didn't say anything about being significant.

Second, I said 10 had changes, not 11.

# 20 Senator Palmer @ 02/02/11 03:09 PM
With two great defensive teams in the Super Bowl, I think it would be an opportune time to tout the improvements being made to the defense. Running the arc, gap-control, deeper defensive playbooks.

Tell us that not every 4-3 or 3-4 are going to be created equal. Two gap schemes, one gap schemes, read and react defenses: Pete Carroll's 4-3 Under, Jim Johnson's Fire Zone, the old Miami 4-3, etc.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.