Home
Madden 12 News Post

About a week ago, Ian Cummings asked the readers of OS, about their thoughts on a Super Bowl halftime video podcast.

Well, we won't get a video podcast, but we will see a Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl halftime blog.

Most of us would love to see a blog covering the new and improved Franchise Mode, but it doesn't look like that will happen, as they want to save it for later.

With that out of the way, what are you hoping it will cover?

Quote:
"On a side note, I finally got a draft semi-approved of the Super Bowl Halftime blog. Which means it's official - there will be a blog!"

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 khaliib @ 02/02/11 03:12 PM
It's been said several times that the current engine they (Madden/NCAA) build the game around limits what the Dev's would acutally like to do with the game and is pretty much maxed out with what they can do.
Because of this, I don't expect anything Jaw-Dropping to come about from these games until they have a New Engine to build around.

I've found myself enjoying the game from this little informative nugget because I know it is, what it is, if I decide to buy the game. No super, built up expectations leading up to release. Just a football video game.

When all else fails, bust out a game of "10-Yard fight" to humble yourself with what you have playing on your nice HD TV. Works for me everytime!!!

I will say the Ian has raised the bar for Game Dev's across the board. The guy is taking his work to a New level utilizing the Social Networking mediums. He is often noted as the standard of how Game Dev's should be communicating with the community.

For me, the demo will decide whether I'll buy or not.

# 22 at23steelers @ 02/02/11 03:25 PM
"maybe a little video and audio to be a companion to written blog...will know soon" - Ian's twitter

So hopefully we can see it as well as read it.

# 23 Bull_Dozer @ 02/02/11 04:32 PM
I'm gonna be optimistic and think that franchise mode is gonna be completely awesome this year, so they wanna save that as a BIG announcement later.

# 24 illwill10 @ 02/02/11 06:44 PM
"
ian_cummings Ian Cummings

The #madden12 blog is almost done. We are revealing not one but TWO new features! Hoping to also record a companion podcast...not locked tho"

# 25 Bellsprout @ 02/02/11 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
"
ian_cummings Ian Cummings

The #madden12 blog is almost done. We are revealing not one but TWO new features! Hoping to also record a companion podcast...not locked tho"
I'd be super excited, but I'm already super excited about something else going on that day.

# 26 scitychamps87 @ 02/02/11 07:18 PM
2 new features awesome! hopefully a vid and a screen too. the pack will do good. great history there. the steelers will edge it out. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

# 27 illwill10 @ 02/02/11 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Two new features will be announced. Any guesses?

Progressive Lighting and Progressive Weather

Now these seem more realistic. I would be happy with these.
It would be a perfect start to jumpstart the info with those 2/

# 28 sniperhare @ 02/02/11 09:20 PM
Hopefully the features are full customization of players and draft classes, and the improvement of EA locker to have the same functionality as the 2K file share system.

# 29 goodygoody @ 02/02/11 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Hopefully the features are full customization of players and draft classes, and the improvement of EA locker to have the same functionality as the 2K file share system.
This is most likely related to franchise so it's doubtful. But, I do hope for better customization of players.

# 30 RedZoneD25 @ 02/03/11 02:39 AM
I was thinking. I see some sports games come out where the small announcements are still AWESOME, and the big announcements are universally OMGed by all parties. I want that. In any way, shape, or form. Go all out and leave no stone (or code) unturned.

# 31 N51_rob @ 02/03/11 06:33 AM
Looking forward to this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

# 32 guaps @ 02/03/11 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Two new features will be announced. Any guesses?

Custom Playbooks and Stadium Sounds

Too big of a combo, probably. I'm also not sure if the desire to add stadium sounds is there. It used to be when NCAA first unveiled it.

Progressive Lighting and Progressive Weather

Now these seem more realistic. I would be happy with these.
In my opinion Tiburon needs to present two new, important gameplay features. If the new features aren't gameplay-related then it provides little hope for the many doubters out there that Madden 12 will be worth a purchase. Tiburon needs to convince people that they can make a realistic football game--and here I'm talking about gameplay, not lighting, socks, visors etc.

Also while I like to have custom playbooks down the road, I don't see the point in having them until the fundamentals of football are taken care of. Custom playbooks with the current engine would only open up for more exploits, more flaws and ultimately more complaints--none of which are in EA's interest.

# 33 RGiles36 @ 02/03/11 08:42 AM
Two new features? Hmmm, color me interested...

I still don't expect anything to knock my socks off at this stage. But still, you gotta be curious about what they're going to present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
In my opinion Tiburon needs to present two new, important gameplay features. If the new features aren't gameplay-related then it provides little hope for the many doubters out there that Madden 12 will be worth a purchase. Tiburon needs to convince people that they can make a realistic football game--and here I'm talking about gameplay, not lighting, socks, visors etc.
Well since we know it's not franchise and chances are it's nothing related to presentation, I think gameplay is a safe bet. At the same time, more than any time in the last few years, there is a growing # of people who can enjoy the gameplay as is. This forum specifically was nowhere near as satisfied with Madden's gameplay just two years ago.

My point is that if they opted to, they could've gotten away with introducing two new features not related to gameplay. I think today we see just as many franchise complaints as gameplay ones, but perhaps that's just my perception. Regardless, there is much room for improvement on the gameplay front, and I'm anxious to see what bone they throw at us.

# 34 Hova57 @ 02/03/11 09:27 AM
I think they are something with controls and defense. OR maybe my dreams are coming true and it will be something about physics in the game(pipe dream I know)

# 35 Reejer @ 02/03/11 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
last year was the first year since Madden 92 that i didn't buy Madden and honestly i didn't miss it for a second. Granted for the previous 4-5 years before last i would fall for the hype, buy the game, play for a week, hate it and then never touch it again. So theyre really going to have to wow me in order for me to want to put out the cash for this game.
Same here. As an offline only guy I have been disappointed with all of the PS3 versions, and it will take alot to bring me back into the fold (M-06' PS2 depth/replayability, and with updated presentation/graphics).

And I hope that the two new features aren't silly, gimmicky new things to sucker new kids (10yo and younger) into buying the game. But to bring back the folks who have stuck with Madden throughout the years, but have recently been losing hope. The hope that Madden will regain it's luster, that it has lost since going next-gen.

# 36 TDKing @ 02/03/11 10:53 AM
I'm wondering if they are 2 new features the community was actually asking for, or 2 new features EA dreamed up and think are great.

# 37 thudias @ 02/03/11 01:22 PM
Create a touchdown dance using your Xbox Kinect

"The Creep"

# 38 TDKing @ 02/03/11 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Create a touchdown dance using your Xbox Kinect"
that's a good one....actually that would be kinda cool.

# 39 Steve_OS @ 02/03/11 04:47 PM
At halftime of the Super Bowl we will be releasing a #madden12 blog, a (shaky cam) gameplay video, and a ~5 min. long #maddenpodcast. Boom.

http://twitter.com/#!/ian_cummings/s...80117920759809

# 40 BlueNGold @ 02/03/11 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
At halftime of the Super Bowl we will be releasing a #madden12 blog, a (shaky cam) gameplay video, and a ~5 min. long #maddenpodcast. Boom.

http://twitter.com/#!/ian_cummings/s...80117920759809
Niiiiice. Now this is how you start the hype train, son!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.