Home
Madden 12 News Post

About a week ago, Ian Cummings asked the readers of OS, about their thoughts on a Super Bowl halftime video podcast.

Well, we won't get a video podcast, but we will see a Madden NFL 12 Super Bowl halftime blog.

Most of us would love to see a blog covering the new and improved Franchise Mode, but it doesn't look like that will happen, as they want to save it for later.

With that out of the way, what are you hoping it will cover?

Quote:
"On a side note, I finally got a draft semi-approved of the Super Bowl Halftime blog. Which means it's official - there will be a blog!"

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 BlueNGold @ 02/04/11 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
I played Madden 10 for a long time. I played the Madden 11 demo many times. I have watched many videos of people playing Madden 11. The actual gameplay is very similar in my opinion. I know that the Madden team focused on run blocking improvements and locomotion improvements, but I feel if they're focusing on gameplay, I should be able to notice more of a gameplay difference.
I can agree that it "looked" the same.

But entirely ripping out the old run blocking code and re-writing it, overhauling the catch animations and implementing sideline/endzone catches, adding locomotion (which was probably just as big a task as the run blocking was, if not bigger), adding the new dual stick controls and changing the kick meter (even if it wasn't what we expected or wanted it to be) were all things they added to the gameplay, not to mention AI tweaks to fix some of Madden 10's problems like the flats being poorly covered.

I don't know how that isn't focusing on gameplay.

# 62 G da Lionheart @ 02/04/11 12:57 AM
I to skipped buying 11 but i did it for two reasons. 1st it was obvious that it was going to be similar to 10 it was shocking to me just how little had changed. 2nd The only way EA will really listen is if you speak with your wallets so thats what i did. NCAA 11 turned out to be so good I decided I would alternate titles from year to year so there would be enough changes to warrent a purchase.

# 63 G da Lionheart @ 02/04/11 01:06 AM
My purchase of 12 hinges on the franchise mode also. I was listening to one of Ian podcast before and they stated that from the data they collected it was nearly an even 50/50 split between online and strictly offline players. I find it inexcusable that if you know 50 percent of your customers usually only uses one aspect of your product and you dont even touch it. YOU TREAT IT AS AN AFTERTHOUGHT. There wasnt enough time? what really is that all you can say. We are talking 50 percent of your consumers here! then you know whats really crazy when asked about why do you think madden sales dropped when your the only NFL football game and you dont have an answer. Honestly I'm almost convinced that they really are clueless as to why madden 11 didnt sale so well even though NFL popularity and viewership rose.

# 64 TheTruth437 @ 02/04/11 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I can agree that it "looked" the same.

But entirely ripping out the old run blocking code and re-writing it, overhauling the catch animations and implementing sideline/endzone catches, adding locomotion (which was probably just as big a task as the run blocking was, if not bigger), adding the new dual stick controls and changing the kick meter (even if it wasn't what we expected or wanted it to be) were all things they added to the gameplay, not to mention AI tweaks to fix some of Madden 10's problems like the flats being poorly covered.

I don't know how that isn't focusing on gameplay.
I admit, I exaggerated on how many changes they made to the gameplay. The Madden team did make improvements and changes to the game, but I feel they should be putting more resources and time into gameplay and offline franchise, instead of things like gameflow and mut. I would like too see more major/minor improvements to the gameplay. This is only my opinion of course, so everyone doesn't have to agree.

# 65 BlueNGold @ 02/04/11 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
I admit, I exaggerated on how many changes they made to the gameplay. The Madden team did make improvements and changes to the game, but I feel they should be putting more resources and time into gameplay and offline franchise, instead of things like gameflow and mut. I would like too see more major/minor improvements to the gameplay. This is only my opinion of course, so everyone doesn't have to agree.
That's fair and I can agree on Gameflow and UT, but we just have to accept that things like UT are a big flow of income for them, so from the business side you can't blame them for taking advantage of it.

As for Gameflow, I'm assuming the suits needed "that new feature" to market and push the game and that was what Gameflow was.

I personally didn't think Gameflow was a bad idea and I feel their intentions were good with it. Every football game has always used the same playcalling system and Gameflow sped up the game considerably, which was good for their older aged crowd that doesn't have as much time to dedicate to the game as they used to. Plus it really helped the newcomers/young kids to Madden that don't know playcalling and what to do in specific situations. It just didn't turn out as well as it could have because the CPU called Four Verticals too often and there were a few other CPU issues.

# 66 HARTSTOPPER @ 02/04/11 09:11 AM
AS LONG AS ONE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENTS IS THE INCLUSION OF DREADS I WILL BE HAPPY!!!!!1111!!111!1!1

Realistically, the announcement isn't going to be about franchise (online/offline), and it's still pretty early in terms of releasing information. I think everyone needs to pull up on the expectation reins. This is why videogames ALMOST NEVER live up to standards. Fans run rampant with expectations and demand certain fixes for the game (some justified some not), and if their demands are not met, then the overall product will suffer.

In terms of two new features to be revealed, I think the weather and stadium sounds are a good start. Everyone wants to see dirt or mud on the uniforms and the fields torn up in the rain. I'd say those are probably the best bet to make the informational blog.

# 67 jeremym480 @ 02/04/11 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMG_HART
AS LONG AS ONE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENTS IS THE INCLUSION OF DREADS I WILL BE HAPPY!!!!!1111!!111!1!1

Realistically, the announcement isn't going to be about franchise (online/offline), and it's still pretty early in terms of releasing information. I think everyone needs to pull up on the expectation reins. This is why videogames ALMOST NEVER live up to standards. Fans run rampant with expectations and demand certain fixes for the game (some justified some not), and if their demands are not met, then the overall product will suffer.

In terms of two new features to be revealed, I think the weather and stadium sounds are a good start. Everyone wants to see dirt or mud on the uniforms and the fields torn up in the rain. I'd say those are probably the best bet to make the informational blog.
Doesn't Madden already have dreads?

# 68 Reejer @ 02/04/11 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
I hope it's not MUT news. I would chalk that up as disappointing.
Ditto. Extremely disapointing.

# 69 BlueNGold @ 02/04/11 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Doesn't Madden already have dreads?
Yes. They also have long hair.

Hopefully NCAA can get that in this year.

# 70 TheTruth437 @ 02/04/11 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Yes. They also have long hair.

Hopefully NCAA can get that in this year.
I agree, I don't like how every player in NCAA has short hair.

# 71 econoodle @ 02/05/11 12:39 AM
getting close guys, can;t wait for SB Sunday.
Thanks ian for getting us a blog.

# 72 JB0B0 @ 02/05/11 12:46 AM
I was also one who didn't get madden 11. Well, I bought a 360 version for my brother but not for my ps3. After finding out that there would not be any additions to franchise, it was basically an instant no-go for me. Hopefully that's not the case this year.

# 73 Step2001 @ 02/05/11 12:58 AM
Bummed about that there will be NO news on anything to do with Franchise mode. Hell, just "Adembroski" saying he's excited at what he knows and has seen about Madden 12 would have been enough. Knowing how p.o'd he was after seeing the direction Madden 11 had went early last Spring.

As for what info will be released, curious. I'll say "Co-Op" where you and a friend can play online on the same team for any game mode.

# 74 NoTiCe_O @ 02/05/11 01:20 AM
I've been watching alot of Online games of Madden 11 since i didn't buy it this year, and i'll say the Gameplay looks real goood. If they can improve it even more in 12 i think i'm gnna get back on it.

Can't wait to hear the news, only a day and some change away.

# 75 RedZoneD25 @ 02/05/11 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
Bummed about that there will be NO news on anything to do with Franchise mode. Hell, just "Adembroski" saying he's excited at what he knows and has seen about Madden 12 would have been enough. Knowing how p.o'd he was after seeing the direction Madden 11 had went early last Spring.

As for what info will be released, curious. I'll say "Co-Op" where you and a friend can play online on the same team for any game mode.
Agreed. I won't anoint anyone as a savior per se, but Dembroski being on the team and pleased with what he sees gives me a real, legitimate smile at the future of the game. He's one of "us", you know? He knows what we want, and he's been asking for it for a long time as well. Gets me REALLY excited.

# 76 green94 @ 02/05/11 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Two new features will be announced. Any guesses?
Progressive Lighting and Progressive Weather

Now these seem more realistic. I would be happy with these.
I would be very happy with both of these.

# 77 brettmickey @ 02/05/11 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
I would be very happy with both of these.
Same here. And since they are making a trailer, they could implement those 2 improvements in it and create more hype.

# 78 ccoaxum @ 02/05/11 08:55 PM
improve animations always a must..presentation(have the players talk in interviews, Chris(espn) doing the half time and end of game show..deion sanders doing the end of week highlights..that would be nice

# 79 PolkHigh33 @ 02/06/11 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Looks like it might be Ultimate Team stuff:
This shouldn't be considered news ..

# 80 Tbo24 @ 02/06/11 01:58 PM
Some sort of real time physics engine + more improvements in presentation + a much deeper Franchise Mode = Best Madden game ever.

Im sure that's something that everyone already knows. I personally am expecting none of these things to be left out this year and if ANY of them are, I will be extremely dissapointed...an all too familiar feeling each year a new Madden is released. Should be interesting to see what's discussed in this blog. Im not expecting much though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.