Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ripwalk @ 02/10/11 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Seamer
I've watched a few of the trailers now and the game looks great. Really not a fan of the fact that they repeatedly advertise with something that is not actually in the game, though (the commentary). Makes it seem way more amazing than it is.
I agree. It's not a big deal for us diehards who already know that's not the real in-game announcing, but it seems unneccesarily misleading to those who might not know. What's the problem with using the announcers in game for these vignettes? What's worse, wasn't Joe Morgan in that, the person who calls the action in 2k? OH well, no that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.

The trailer looked great, but maybe it was just me or the definition of the video, but did that trailer not seem more 'jaggy' to anyone else? The picture didn't look quite as crisp as some of the other ones and even from the action from that Qoore video??

# 22 DieHardYankee26 @ 02/10/11 12:19 PM
It's weird. With every new trailer that comes out and seeing all of the new stuff that's added this year, I can't help but appreciate all of things that have been in the game for years. Just the overall detail in the game. I know a lot of people demanded new player models and all of that stuff, but these new additions make me realize how good this game has always been.

# 23 kt-od @ 02/10/11 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
As long as he win games I don't care what he does on his off time. But wow the player models make it look so real. I will be doing a lot of CPU VS CPU games while I am doing my chores in the family room. The game is so beautiful and with the new analog controls it looks really fun to play too.
I agree. Definitely going to be a step up from 10. I have never played a MOM game, but I might in '11

# 24 Pared @ 02/10/11 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty199127
Nem or Knight, can we call time in the game like Howard did? Would be amazing to see the computer call time if we take to long to deliver the ball, and vice versa.
It is implemented in the best way possible. To do it yourself, I believe it was down on the d-pad. (Or up, I'm going off my memory from when it was first suggested)

Some of the devs took an idea and implemented it to a T. And for that, I thank them.

# 25 Skyboxer @ 02/10/11 12:34 PM

# 26 Joey @ 02/10/11 01:15 PM
Another great trailer. I'm glad I didn't read any comments before watching the vid because Ryan calling timeout was completely unexpected. Awesome detail!

# 27 Pistolero @ 02/10/11 01:33 PM
Cool stuff, man!! I hope every now and then you can also get denied time as well! That'll be awesome!

# 28 kenkraly2004 @ 02/10/11 01:39 PM
Very cool stuff can't wait for march 8th it can't come soon enough.

# 29 thaSLAB @ 02/10/11 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey88
Anyone notice how at the beginning of the clip the hands on the clock are 2 baseball bats and then when we see Howard batting the hands are just plain black. Just a small glitch I guess? I wonder if this will be fixed for the final build. Just being nitpicky.
I think it's just that the clips were captured from different builds of the game. If you remember, the initial announcement trailer had pieces of all of these trailers, and now we are getting the "extended" versions.

# 30 vln13 @ 02/10/11 02:00 PM
Oh my - this is the best of the trailers yet. CAN'T WAIT! What was REALLY AWESOME were the lighting effects coming of the helmets and the lens flair from the sunlight! It gave it such realism! Though the faces still look a little unnatural (though better than most games), the player models look DEAD ON!

# 31 ElroyJetson @ 02/10/11 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
It is implemented in the best way possible. To do it yourself, I believe it was down on the d-pad. (Or up, I'm going off my memory from when it was first suggested)

Some of the devs took an idea and implemented it to a T. And for that, I thank them.
That's just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

# 32 Pared @ 02/10/11 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Pared you need to post more, you avatar is unreal! I love looking at it, I might just steal it and use it for mine. This is game has always done the "Little Things right" I remember your sliders were rocking for the MLB PS2. In fact everybody was so high on MVP and wanted you do update the sliders for that game you had, but you were getting high on the show and you told be to be honest you are enjoying the show, you remember that?. I still remember it like it was yesterday.
Ha, I do remember that.

You guys really have no idea how much this little inclusion adds to the game. There are guys that like to pitch fast, and this gives you the chance to slow them down. It annoys them too.

It was a great idea to highlight this in a video. Anyone who knows baseball knows this a key part of the batter-pitcher mind game. And there was some limitation put this in online games... I think it actually may not even be in. Just a heads up.

Damn - I actually just thought of something. I hope when you are checking the runner over that the AI can still call for time. Hmm.... *crosses fingers*

# 33 SuperKyle @ 02/10/11 04:36 PM
Carlos Beltran hasn't been the same since taking the called 3rd strike in 2006. Let's see if a similar fate befalls Mr. Howard.

# 34 Doormat @ 02/10/11 04:50 PM
My god..
amazing

# 35 nemesis04 @ 02/10/11 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
Awesome, just awesome. The only thing is that Lincecum's hair still looks like a christmas tree rather than a trailer park mullet. I don't program so I have no idea how hard it is, but it seems to me that they should be able to get hair to move when they can get uniforms to move, dust, gloves, etc with amazing accuracy.
From what we were told the hair needs a bone structure implemented in order for it to move in a free flowing way. Not sure where it is on the list of priorities of it actually getting done in the future either.

# 36 JayD @ 02/10/11 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
THAT IS SUCH A GREAT TRAILER.

(I knew the batter asking for time would add so much to the game. Such a small detail that is QUINTESSENTIAL in baseball!)

Can't wait!
I agree, no more batters staying in the box in the same stance for minutes.

# 37 Tommyklaid @ 02/10/11 05:14 PM
THIS IS BY FAR the BEST (THE BEST) MLB trailer I have seen in all the years I have been playing video games....

...I cracked a smile (FIRST) when the music abruptly stopped and Howard's left hand called for "time", and (SECOND) when Lincecum struck out Howard swinging.....UNBEEEEEELIEVABLE.

Kudos SCEA - !

# 38 theaub @ 02/10/11 05:16 PM

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum

# 39 ghm125 @ 02/10/11 05:19 PM
-------pitchers and catchers next week! GO REDS!

# 40 anchorsteamer @ 02/10/11 05:33 PM
I approve of this trailer--realistic graphics AND outcome.

Just decided to trade my 360 for a PS3...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.