Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Playstation.Blog has just posted another MLB 11 The Show blog, which focuses on stadium realism and ambiance.

Quote:
"With MLB 11 The Show, we’ve built upon our improvements to the realism by including stadium-specific jumbotrons, true-to-life out-of-town scoreboards, and weather effects such as rain and new improved skies and cloud coverage. These realistic enhancements to the game help make MLB 11 The Show not only look like the real thing, but they truly give you the feeling that you are at a live game."

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Heroesandvillains @ 02/10/11 04:52 PM
That clip of Fenway with the pinkish Summer sky is beautiful. It's baseball to it's core.

# 22 Tommyklaid @ 02/10/11 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey88
There's never that many fans at a Marlins game. Totally unrealistic!

This is VERY true - I "LIVE" 10 minutes from Sun Life Field (where the Marlins, Dolphins, & Hurricanes play) and during baseball season they don't even open up part of the upper deck for seating...

...when I play there I don't want to see a full crowd - there isn't anyone even ALLOWED up there...they don't sell tickets there.

Hmmm..

Everything else looks great tho!

# 23 Doormat @ 02/10/11 05:00 PM
Hoping these 26 days go by fast, ughhh!

# 24 MrChainsaw @ 02/10/11 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
This is VERY true - I "LIVE" 10 minutes from Sun Life Field (where the Marlins, Dolphins, & Hurricanes play) and during baseball season they don't even open up part of the upper deck for seating...

...when I play there I don't want to see a full crowd - there isn't anyone even ALLOWED up there...they don't sell tickets there.

Hmmm..

I believe it's an issue of the MLB not allowing the devs to render the stadium so empty, probably because it would make the team and the league look really bad. Pretty much every baseball video game I remember ever playing has had people in the upper decks.

# 25 WyxHarmon @ 02/10/11 05:09 PM
give me this game RIGHT NOW.

Fenway Looks so good.

# 26 Doran @ 02/10/11 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid

Hmmm..

Same for Blue Jays games. They DO open it up for games against the Yankees and Red Sox though, because the lower decks do fill up for those games.

(I also suspect that Phillies games where Halladay is pitching will be the same.)

# 27 Kolbe @ 02/10/11 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Mission accomplished
Part of me wants an official The Show pre-launch moratorium on all Braves images, video, comments, animations, questions, answers, sounds, and thoughts... JUST to see how bonkers we can get the folks in the ATL!

Who here subscribes to my newsletter?!

-K

# 28 kenkraly2004 @ 02/10/11 05:20 PM
You guys at SCEA to me have created the best best sports / baseball game ever. Looking forward to the release on March 8th. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to play the game and see how progressive field in cleveland looks in the game.

# 29 theaub @ 02/10/11 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doran
Same for Blue Jays games. They DO open it up for games against the Yankees and Red Sox though, because the lower decks do fill up for those games.

(I also suspect that Phillies games where Halladay is pitching will be the same.)
That's not completely true...they always sell tickets in the 5-6 sections closest to being directly behind home plate regardless of who is playing. Its just when no one shows up that they don't need to sell tickets for the baseline/OF sections. If they become good again the place will fill up (ie very soon )

I was greedily hoping for a shot of the out of town scorebards in LCF/RCF to confirm they were in, but I'll gladly take what I saw. Amazing.

# 30 Tommyklaid @ 02/10/11 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChainsaw
I believe it's an issue of the MLB not allowing the devs to render the stadium so empty, probably because it would make the team and the league look really bad. Pretty much every baseball video game I remember ever playing has had people in the upper decks.

I figured - I moved down to South Florida (from Chicago) a little over a year ago and I noticed (by going to Marlins games at Sun Life Stadium) that baseball isn't really a priority to people down here - it's sad, especially coming from a HUUUGE Cubs fan myself where I LOOOVE my baseball!

It's weird how they don't sell tix to certain parts of the stadium...it's just weird...can't wait til' the new stadium is built.

# 31 Perfect Zero @ 02/10/11 05:30 PM
Moved to automatic buy territory with the new scoreboard Greenberg built. Excellent job SCEA; that was totally unexpected and welcomed.

# 32 Doran @ 02/10/11 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
That's not completely true...they always sell tickets in the 5-6 sections closest to being directly behind home plate regardless of who is playing. Its just when no one shows up that they don't need to sell tickets for the baseline/OF sections. If they become good again the place will fill up (ie very soon )

I was greedily hoping for a shot of the out of town scorebards in LCF/RCF to confirm they were in, but I'll gladly take what I saw. Amazing.
I hope they get better soon. I doubt it'll be this season, or even next, but they're on the rebuild.

I'm just hoping it never rains at the Rogers Centre in MLB 11. They close the dome on the rain.

# 33 HITTERSAURUS REX @ 02/10/11 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
Who here subscribes to my newsletter?!-K
Hey Kolbe, is this possible or is this another inside chop at the braves fans.

Man the jumbo trons look amazing along with the added generated skies you applied across all stadiums.. very nice touch on the Info Video. Biggups to the SCEA team. Oh I really liked on how the fans got disappointed when the first basemen couldn't come up with the scoop. Also props to the OS member that provided the captured stills.

One questions: Will the Jumbotrons still provide accurate info when in Replay form?

# 34 ocat @ 02/10/11 06:53 PM
Wow, latitude, longitude of each stadium and time of year to determine how the sky should look! Amazing details and great idea.

# 35 Jase24 @ 02/10/11 09:04 PM
I guess I may have missed it, but what is with all the talk about the Braves and not having them in videos and etc.? I haven't seen any videos or anything with them in it, but the past few years you usually don't so I haven't really thought much about it.

# 36 Kolbe @ 02/10/11 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITTERSAURUS REX
One questions: Will the Jumbotrons still provide accurate info when in Replay form?
Yes. (10 DAMN characters...)

-K

# 37 bifflefan30 @ 02/10/11 09:39 PM
Would like to see Mariners photos sometime before the game comes out.
Thanks

# 38 countryboy @ 02/10/11 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCannFann
I was gonna make a comment about how we've seen pretty much no attention paid to the Braves in these videos recently, but... I guess I won't...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Mission accomplished
LOL

# 39 green94 @ 02/10/11 09:56 PM
Smokestack fireworks!

Cincy fans rejoice!

# 40 HITTERSAURUS REX @ 02/10/11 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
Yes. (10 DAMN characters...)

-K
Yeyy -Yahhhh

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.