Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

1 - Pure Analog Controls - Pitching

Pure Analog Pitching allows users to control pitch height, location, and velocity with the right analog stick. Pulling down on the right analog stick begins the pitcher's delivery as a ball icon moves gradually downward towards a yellow line that represents your ideal pitch height. Time it such that you push the stick upward at precisely the time the ball icon hits this yellow line. Inside-outside pitch location is a result of the direction you push the right analog stick up. How hard you flick the right stick up will determine how much effort the pitcher will put into the throw. Your timing, accuracy, and speed are all taken into account when delivering a pitch with Pure Analog Pitching.

2 - Pure Analog Controls - Hitting

To use the new Pure Analog Hitting system, simply pull back on the R-stick to stride and push forward in the direction of the incoming pitch to drive through the ball. Be sure to time your stride just as the pitcher releases the ball, a poorly timed stride will result in a less powerful swing. Don't try to hold you're stride back just waiting for the pitch - you'll lose power! Time it like a real swing and begin your stride as the pitcher's getting ready to deliver! Getting that solid hit has never been so rewarding!

3 - Pure Analog Controls - Throwing

Pure Analog Throwing offers a new way to experience fielding in The Show, as you can now control both the accuracy and power behind your throws. Push the analog stick towards any base to release your throw, or hold L1 while pushing the stick in any direction to throw the ball from the outfield to the cutoff man. Holding the stick longer will put a little extra mustard on the ball, but make sure to keep your throws accurate by pushing the analog stick in a straight line. Keep in mind that you can adjust Analog Throwing difficulty to make your experience more enjoyable. With a little practice, you'll be filling up your trophy cabinet with gold gloves in no time!

4 - Challenge of the Week

Challenge of the Week: Challenge of the Week (CotW) is an arcade inspired baseball challenge! Your pitcher and batter will change for each new CotW. Learning your batter's strengths and weaknesses within practice mode will give you an advantage and help direct your approach at the plate. Bonuses are another extremely important factor to consider for achieving a high score in CotW - make sure know what each Bonus is each and every week and adjust your strategy accordingly.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Foo4Everlong @ 02/14/11 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm tryin' all my SUPER hacking skills(ala the Matrix) to unlock the GAMEPLAY video and the FULL DEV video...but no luck so far...I'll keep you guys posted.
Hey does anyone know MS-DOS? MS-DOS may work!

M.K.
Knight165
U sure this is a good idea?

# 42 bcruise @ 02/14/11 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
I think it was a joke.
Knight making a joke?? Nah.....never. Dead serious all the time.

# 43 DJ @ 02/14/11 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I think I'm really going to like analog pitching. The only thing I hope is that it is not possible to "master" it. In other words if I hit everything perfectly I still don't want the ball to go EXACTLY where I want it to. Sometimes yes. But not every single time.
I don't think it will. You could "master" the timing on Meter pitching and the ball wouldn't always wind up where you were aiming. Same thing for Classic, so I'm assuming that Analog pitching will have instances where you pitcher misses spots he's aiming for.

# 44 DJ @ 02/14/11 09:20 PM
Can someone post the video here or on OS's Youtube page? I can't get past the :08 mark when I try and watch the video off Gamestop's site.

# 45 Foo4Everlong @ 02/14/11 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
I think it was a joke.
I feel foolish. Sorry.

# 46 Blzer @ 02/14/11 10:37 PM
Did anyone else notice in the video of Lincecum pitching to Hamilton, the crowd was absolutely riled? It was a brand new count and there were two outs in the first inning.

Do you all think this is the epicness that is World Series related material and atmosphere that has been included in this game? It just may be!

# 47 Motown @ 02/14/11 11:52 PM
Yall here that catchers mitt pop from Chapman's triple digit heater

# 48 Socalbias @ 02/15/11 12:00 AM
I dont get how everyone is able to see the video? It get's to 7 seconds then goes into a continuous loading stage. Doesn't work for my firefox or safari browsers.

# 49 Motown @ 02/15/11 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalbias
I dont get how everyone is able to see the video? It get's to 7 seconds then goes into a continuous loading stage. Doesn't work for my firefox or safari browsers.
I'm using the firefox browser, & have no issues.

# 50 Zinger @ 02/15/11 03:11 AM
When the right stick is drawn back to start the pitch, does it move as an icon on the meter at one predetermined speed or does it vary from pitcher to pitcher and in different situations? If one speed, it would seem to be pretty easy to master hitting the correct release point and therefore getting the right height nearly every time. Hitting the correct point for accuracy when pushing the right stick forward looks significantly harder.

# 51 NAFBUC @ 02/15/11 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
He is looking beefy, lol. Good thing he is coming into spring training 25 pounds lighter!
CC is on the 'opt out' diet program.

# 52 nemesis04 @ 02/15/11 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger
When the right stick is drawn back to start the pitch, does it move as an icon on the meter at one predetermined speed or does it vary from pitcher to pitcher and in different situations? If one speed, it would seem to be pretty easy to master hitting the correct release point and therefore getting the right height nearly every time. Hitting the correct point for accuracy when pushing the right stick forward looks significantly harder.
The icon speed is based on the individual pitcher's wind-up. So pitchers with longer windups, the icon will fall slower and quicker with shorter motions. When a pitcher is in the stretch the accuracy bar is moved up and the icon travels less but quicker because of the reduced motion.

# 53 nemesis04 @ 02/15/11 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
CC is on the 'opt out' diet program.
Nothing like media drama to start the season!

# 54 srock21 @ 02/15/11 01:46 PM
what's up with hamiltons old stance against lincecum? i thought we saw his new awesome stance in a video a few weeks back which looked great.

# 55 Russell_SCEA @ 02/15/11 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srock21
what's up with hamiltons old stance against lincecum? i thought we saw his new awesome stance in a video a few weeks back which looked great.

You guys need to realize some the videos you see are from builds back as early as December. Which is why you will see some inconsistency in the videos.

# 56 srock21 @ 02/15/11 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
You guys need to realize some the videos you see are from builds back as early as December. Which is why you will see some inconsistency in the videos.
sounds good. thanks russell!

# 57 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 02/15/11 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I'm hoping that stance of a certain Dodger player wearing #16 was still from an old December build even though it did look slightly improved.....I think it's the power of positive thinking messing with my eyes

# 58 Blzer @ 02/15/11 03:30 PM
I have a question. Say you want to turn the pitching ball cursor off, right? Will the ball location icon turn off in the meter indicator as well? Because if not, we will still have an indication on how far over in the strike zone we are placing our pitch. I understand if it shows up after we start our pitch so we can figure out where we're supposed to line the ball up, but will it be visible pre-pitch or will it be invisible?

# 59 nemesis04 @ 02/15/11 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I have a question. Say you want to turn the pitching ball cursor off, right? Will the ball location icon turn off in the meter indicator as well? Because if not, we will still have an indication on how far over in the strike zone we are placing our pitch. I understand if it shows up after we start our pitch so we can figure out where we're supposed to line the ball up, but will it be visible pre-pitch or will it be invisible?
It is visible pre-pitch. The only time it never shows up is in 2 player games. I guess there needs to be an option to have a two player display in a one player game.

# 60 sydrogerdavid @ 02/15/11 04:12 PM
I see Whitey Herzog's number didn't get retired in the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.