Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

According to Scrawlfx, the MLB 11 The Show demo was approved today with an official release date to be announced soon.

Quote:
"A demo for Sony’s MLB 11: The Show is in the pipeline and will arrive in the not so distant future. MLB 11 brand manager Scott McCarthy said in New York City that the demo was just approved today, and that a release date should be announced soon.

It’ll be available to all PlayStation Network users upon release, and not limited to PlayStation Plus subscribers."

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Flaxseed Oil @ 02/16/11 09:19 AM
best news I could have seen this morning...now I wont have to spend every waking minute in best buy over the next two weeks, ha.

I wonder who the teams will be? Last year it was Twins vs. Yankees... so it won't necessarily be the World Series clubs.

I hope we get some varying weather conditions in the demo!

# 22 enice128 @ 02/16/11 09:22 AM
Really looking forward to the demo! Although March 8th cannot come soon enough, the demo will be a little tease but should hold me over for a couple of weeks! Cmon March 8, cmon March 8!!!!!

# 23 bonannogiovanni @ 02/16/11 11:46 AM
Is it possible for sony to release demos outside tuesdays? It's gonna be a long week otherwise.....

# 24 slickdtc @ 02/16/11 12:36 PM
I'm calling Giants v. Twins/Red Sox.

Excitedf for the demo, but I'm mainly focused on March 8th. I'm mostly looking forward to the demo so I can get acquainted with the analog controls.

# 25 NYYanks26 @ 02/16/11 12:39 PM
Sorry if this was discussed or announced already.. But is it confirmed that Best Buy will have the full retail game on display before release like last year?

# 26 enice128 @ 02/16/11 12:50 PM
For those who believe in Tuesdays, it's gotta be either the one upcoming or the following because obviously the one after that is March 8. So let's hope for this very next one so we get a full 2 weeks becoming acquainted with the game!

# 27 Doran @ 02/16/11 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enice128
For those who believe in Tuesdays, it's gotta be either the one upcoming or the following because obviously the one after that is March 8. So let's hope for this very next one so we get a full 2 weeks becoming acquainted with the game!
Which would be analogous to last year, when the demo came out after the release of the full game.

I remember the demo for MLB 09 came out around Valentine's Day. That was awesome!

# 28 Gibson88 @ 02/16/11 01:08 PM
If they go outside the box with the World Series teams, I'm saying Red Sox v. Phillies.

Do the Demo's ever have more than just 3 innings of a game?

# 29 DieHardYankee26 @ 02/16/11 02:24 PM
I'm pretty sure the '10 The Show demo was 4 innings.

# 30 Doormat @ 02/16/11 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enice128
Actually next tuesday is the 22nd, 2nd Tuesday is the 1st not the 8th

# 31 Galvatron @ 02/16/11 04:16 PM
That's great news! And I had actually started getting bus fare ready for a few trips to best buy. Especially since the TVs there look better than mine and I don't want a downgraded visual of the game when I get it home.

# 32 Bigsheen @ 02/16/11 05:11 PM
I kinda dont want a demo haha especially if its out next tuesday cuz killzone is out next tuesday and i wanted the 2 weeks to get hardcore killzone in before the show. But i guess having a demo would be great either way.

# 33 nmycon @ 02/16/11 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
IIRC, they didn't release the demo until like 2 weeks after the game came out. It was quite disappointing.
the point of releasing a demo is not to give people a sneak peak of the game before they buy it. It's to convince people who are on the fence to buy the game.

I'm sure most of us here would love to just get out hands on anything, even if it's an earlier build. But from a marketing standpoint, it would be smarter to delay the demo and make sure it looks and runs good to attract potential buyers.

# 34 Bigsheen @ 02/16/11 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aces01
I don't play killzone, but that sounds like a pretty good problem to have. Demo isn't going to help me decide whether or not I'm buying the game, just helps me get over the wait. In this year's case, I can get a hang of the controls so I can start my season right away.
Ya this is it exactly, i have gotten the show every year since mlb 05. I dont need the demo to know if its good. I would play it to get used to the controls like you said.

# 35 Doran @ 02/16/11 06:37 PM
Actually, I don't want the demo either, since I'm picking up my new PS3 on Saturday and getting Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood and LBP2 as well. I have all of next week off, so I have a ton of time to beat those games.

(Although Kevin Butler says I can't beat LBP2.)

# 36 Bigsheen @ 02/16/11 07:05 PM
I dont see how what i said ruining it for others? Plus i never said i wouldnt download it, i just said i, just me not anyone else, dont want it and i stated a reason just for sole purpose. I then stated in the next post that i would definitely play it to get used to the controls. There was intent to "ruin it for others." i doubt anyone was, but if you were i apologize.

# 37 PhillsPhan26 @ 02/16/11 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
I dont see how what i said ruining it for others? Plus i never said i wouldnt download it, i just said i, just me not anyone else, dont want it and i stated a reason just for sole purpose. I then stated in the next post that i would definitely play it to get used to the controls. There was intent to "ruin it for others." i doubt anyone was, but if you were i apologize.
I am not aiming it at anyone specific as a matter of fact I should of just not posted it.

# 38 Gagnon39 @ 02/16/11 08:34 PM
Can't wait for this to drop. I want to work on my analog batting/pitching.

# 39 bukktown @ 02/16/11 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Can't wait for this to drop. I want to work on my analog batting/pitching.
I heard that!

# 40 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/17/11 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmycon
the point of releasing a demo is not to give people a sneak peak of the game before they buy it. It's to convince people who are on the fence to buy the game.

I'm sure most of us here would love to just get out hands on anything, even if it's an earlier build. But from a marketing standpoint, it would be smarter to delay the demo and make sure it looks and runs good to attract potential buyers.
I would definitely say releasing the demo BEFORE the game drops would be a better strategy. Build up anticipation for the game, and plus it could be good market research for them to see how many people downloaded the demo and then how many of those people bought the game on launch day. They would know this by tracking your PSN account and looking at the download date of the demo, and if you, say, downloaded the first patch or logged onto SportsConnect on the launch day.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.