Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 JMD @ 02/18/11 08:14 AM
The way I'm looking at this is, if the racing (A.I.) is good then not having DNF's will not be a game killer for me. This week I finally got back into playing GT5. Yesterday I did the Nascar series in Aspec. The final race in the series, a ten lapper at Daytona had me on the edge of my seat for all ten laps. There was no damage, no DNF's , but the racing was balls to the wall. In just 10 laps there were several lead changes, cars were partnering up and drafting to take the lead, the racing aspect felt quite realistic. I spent 8 of the 10 laps between between 3rd place and 7th place until I tried to fit in a space that was to small on lap 8 and I spun out to end up finishing last, still won the series overall though.

If Nascar 11 can achieve that type of realistic racing action, I'll be ok with it.

# 22 Papi34 @ 02/18/11 12:41 PM
It is a bit disappointing that there could be an almighty pileup involving, say 20 cars, with them all smashed to bits and yet they all finish?

Is it just in online games though, like it says in the post that potatoes showed us?

Sorry if I being a bit dense and missing the obvious.

# 23 Rules @ 02/18/11 04:48 PM
Ok so it is a bug problem and that is why no DNF's. It is not a licensing deal after all.

I can live with that knowing they have a problem with the coding and will have to work it in for next year. At least it is not a complete failure for now and in the future since it is NOT a license problem.

# 24 Bullit @ 02/19/11 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I might add that it was originally planned that damage could be 100% repairable. I'm glad that the new NASCAR team cared about the communities response and gave us a reasonable compromise.

Oh, and when you run out of fuel it's "Race Over", so there is some form of DNF in the game.
But that wont apply to the AI cars will it? Are they able to run out of fuel and have bad pit strategies? What about Black Flags for not keeping up with the flow of traffic.

# 25 Rules @ 02/19/11 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I'm not buying this bug problem. Every racing game since the dawn of time has had DNF's and then all of a sudden these guys can't figure out the coding for it? The coding for keeping these cars in the race with partial damage would be alot more complex than simply having DNF's for them.

I think it was more of a case of the devs thinking it wasn't a big deal because they wanted arcady elements in it and ignored it in the basic coding but now that the backlash has started it's too late to go back and change it.

At least that better be the real reason because I'll tell you right now if they have bug problems for simple DNF's then this game is gonna be one buggy mess with alot of other features in the game which require more complex coding. Now I can see why this game was delayed.

Yea the more I think about it the more you are on the money with this.

One more thing to think about:

No demo............!!! Name a next gen console racing game that turned out to be very good that didn't have a demo???

# 26 Skyboxer @ 02/19/11 06:22 PM
Well I'll wait and get this used and then have the option to take back.

# 27 mkharsh33 @ 02/19/11 08:02 PM
Might wait until next year to get this game...

# 28 Potatoes002 @ 02/19/11 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
But that wont apply to the AI cars will it? Are they able to run out of fuel and have bad pit strategies? What about Black Flags for not keeping up with the flow of traffic.
I will look into this for you.

# 29 Potatoes002 @ 02/19/11 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
For your first question

from developer:

Quote:
Q. Will the AI be realistic in the way of fuel consumption and tire wear?
A. Yes, the A.I. operate under exactly the same conditions as the player.
also...

Quote:
Fuel conservation is definitely a part of NTG2011. There is a live indicator letting you know how many laps of fuel you have left, which updates based on your driving style
Second:

I could not find anything on this yet, but I would highly doubt they have this as one of the black flag rules in the game.

# 30 Bullit @ 02/20/11 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
For your first question

from developer:

also...

Second:

I could not find anything on this yet, but I would highly doubt they have this as one of the black flag rules in the game.
Thanks for looking and the input I appreciate it. I really want this to be good, I really do. I am just gettting a little leary with the info that is coming out here and there about some of the features that are and are not in the game.

# 31 Rules @ 02/20/11 10:06 AM
No black flags this year.

# 32 mkharsh33 @ 02/20/11 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
No black flags this year.
This is getting better by the day...

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.