Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 thaSLAB @ 02/18/11 01:26 AM
Amazing stuff! Infinite possibilities on the cameras... just a great feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Different studio. NBA Elite (If that's what you're referring to) is made by EA Sports.

The Show is made by SCEA, but I don't know if they're affiliated with EA Sports.

Also, SCEA Studios ONLY makes The Show, nothing else.(If I'm wrong in this, somebody please correct me)
Here you go: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_09:_The_Inside

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 42 Dazraz @ 02/18/11 03:44 AM
Absolutely custom cams should be in all sports games. EA's NHL Broadcast Cam is awful. Love to be able to play around with zoom & height to get it just right.

# 43 Jishin75 @ 02/18/11 06:06 AM
That's a huge improvement for this game. You can eventually understand high/low pitches. And most of all now there's no excuse you don't see the ball perfectly. I think you can even simulate the real visual of a batter or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
That is very nice! The only thing missing now is a depth of field tool, but I'm sure you can find what you want through the presets.

How do we account for "flipping" the image if we wanted to depending on whether a righty or lefty is batting, if our camera is uniquely offset in such a way that we would prefer that flipped image? Hopefully it will account for this on its own.
I think you have 3 option, so you can go up/down/left/right, one is roaming and one is a zoom and I think you can "simulate" depth field in a way or the other.

The flipping question is really good. Hope it does it on its own cause I like batting on broadcast camera and southpaws drive me mad.

# 44 LingeringRegime @ 02/18/11 06:25 AM
This is really great. They always know the pulse of the community.

# 45 Trustpt @ 02/18/11 06:36 AM
Absolutely amazing. I wish FIFA had this...

# 46 slimm31 @ 02/18/11 07:44 AM
This is the reason i buy MLB every year. I can recall when Madden had this tool back in the playstation 2 xbox days. Then it vanished along with most of the other things that made it good, and i barely buy it every 2 years now. MLB has managed to get better every year, even if the changes are subtle, they enhance the user experience which is all you can really hope for with a yearly development cycle. Kudos to the devs and PLLLLLEEEAAASE let March 8th come faster.

# 47 johnprestonevans @ 02/18/11 09:57 AM
Amazing. I cant wait to pickup the Show again this year. SCEA really has hit their stride with this series. They know how to deliver an authentic looking (and playing) baseball experience. Why this kind of stuff isnt being done by the Madden/NHL/Fifa teams is beyond me.

# 48 Lenkbron @ 02/18/11 10:33 AM
This is great, the game is looking better and better.

# 49 Visionsofmastery @ 02/18/11 11:08 AM
this is awesome! no more words needed

# 50 Blzer @ 02/18/11 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jishin75
I think you have 3 option, so you can go up/down/left/right, one is roaming and one is a zoom and I think you can "simulate" depth field in a way or the other.
It looked to me like zoom maintained the same depth of field and just "got closer," like it does in replay mode with the zoom buttons (the equivalent to "walking closer" I suppose). The depth of field would mean completely changing the focal lens type, something which is available in replay mode. It would mean the difference between the Catcher cam and the Wide cam in the batting options, so like I said there are some presets which will help us out if we truly want to utilize them.

Such a bad-*** feature though! I wish they had worked on the fielding cam and made it more like the one we see in HRD though.

# 51 illwill10 @ 02/18/11 11:14 AM
Once MLB The Show 11 comes out, NBA 2k11 is getting the shelf. IT is a great game. But, The Show makes it hard for other games.
The Show is like a bully towards other sports games.

# 52 Simp @ 02/18/11 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It looked to me like zoom maintained the same depth of field and just "got closer," like it does in replay mode with the zoom buttons (the equivalent to "walking closer" I suppose). The depth of field would mean completely changing the focal lens type, something which is available in replay mode. It would mean the difference between the Catcher cam and the Wide cam in the batting options, so like I said there are some presets which will help us out if we truly want to utilize them.

Such a bad-*** feature though! I wish they had worked on the fielding cam and made it more like the one we see in HRD though.
What do we mean by depth of field though? I think it gets confused sometimes. People take 2 distinct meanings from "depth of field":

1. Background blur, to simulate focus. The depth of field control in the Show's replay system incorporates this, but it's just a toggle.

2. The relative sense of "closeness" of objects along the z-axis within the picture. This is what I would love to be able to control. For instance, go into the game and switch back and forth between catcher and offset cam. It seems like the pitcher is closer to home plate in the catcher cam, because he's bigger on screen. I like to use the offset cam, but I'd like it even more if it felt like the pitcher was closer to the batter. With the offset cam in '10, it feels to me like the pitcher is 100 feet from home plate. The whole field feels bigger than it should (at least to me).

# 53 ckarlic @ 02/18/11 01:05 PM
Great feature...Haven't even thought about camera editor have that much customization but the more the merrier. Thanks SCEA!!!

# 54 wiser66 @ 02/18/11 03:13 PM
So if I create a custom camera can i use that cam online too?

# 55 Russell_SCEA @ 02/18/11 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiser66
So if I create a custom camera can i use that cam online too?
No for this reason we created 20 new hitting views and 2 new pitching views you can use any stadium broadcast camera as well.

# 56 slick_j_2002 @ 02/18/11 06:13 PM
Ya know, this feature alone warrants a purchase for me this year. The Show is the best baseball game ever made, hands down. I did like 2k's batting angle last year, though. I found it so much easier to actually read the ball as it was coming in and make a smart choice as to whether to swing or not, as opposed to The Show, where I found myself pretty much deciding if I'd be swinging before the ball even left the pitcher's hands...

Having all the actual broadcast angles is phenomenal, and will go miles towards making us feel like we're watching a game on TV. And for all those perfectionists who love to tweak, they can set it to what they feel is "correct."

I'll definitely be using the Phils broadcast during Season games, and a lower, zoomed in angle for my RTTS guy.

Thanks so much for this!

# 57 Blzer @ 02/18/11 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
What do we mean by depth of field though? I think it gets confused sometimes. People take 2 distinct meanings from "depth of field":

1. Background blur, to simulate focus. The depth of field control in the Show's replay system incorporates this, but it's just a toggle.

2. The relative sense of "closeness" of objects along the z-axis within the picture. This is what I would love to be able to control. For instance, go into the game and switch back and forth between catcher and offset cam. It seems like the pitcher is closer to home plate in the catcher cam, because he's bigger on screen. I like to use the offset cam, but I'd like it even more if it felt like the pitcher was closer to the batter. With the offset cam in '10, it feels to me like the pitcher is 100 feet from home plate. The whole field feels bigger than it should (at least to me).
I mean #2. Offset is my favorite cam, and you're right I'd like that adjustment as well.

# 58 nmycon @ 02/18/11 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp

#1 is depth of field, however it's not just "background blur," everything outside a certain range (e.g. 20' to 30') will be out of focus. So anything closer than 20' to the lens will be out of focus, everything further than 30' from the lens will be out of focus. Everything within that range will be sharp.

#2 is describing optical zoom

# 59 Lintyfresh85 @ 02/19/11 03:43 AM
I hope this applies to RTTS pitching as well!

I hate pitching from the pitcher's view!

Also, any chance it applies to RTTS Catcher as well? Hated staring at the back of the catcher the entire game!

# 60 Senator Stone @ 02/19/11 10:50 AM
Freakin' awesome!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.