Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

By the way, this is why 2K should not wait so long to release video; invariably, something like this leaks that shows the game in a less than flattering light.

I'm not crazing about some of the (re)used camera angles. For example, the camera angle during the lineup screens made no sense last year and to see them return for me is a big disappointment.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Trevytrev11 @ 02/18/11 10:09 AM
As others have said, it's really hard to get a feel for it based on the quality and quirkyness of the video.

One thing that stuck out is the floatiness of the pitches. What looks like a changeup is a 90+ MPH fastball. I understand that this probably on rookie and the pitch speed is way down, but the pitches look like they are floating towards the plate instead of moving with some serious velocity and weight. I kind of feel that this game has always suffered from this. IMO, The catcher's throw back to the pitcher carry much more "weight" and look to travel faster than the actual pitch.

Specifically, check out the two pitches thrown right at the 2:38 mark. The pitches, both fastballs, just kind of float up there and the gun shows 91 and 90 and than the catcher whips is back even faster and on more of a direct line.

I know the pitch speed is down, but hopefully it won't have this feel on higher pitch speeds

# 22 GrandMaster B @ 02/18/11 10:15 AM
Yeah the catcher throws the ball back to the pitcher at the same speed the pitcher throws..lol It looks good though. 2K has always had that wiffle ball feeling though.

# 23 authentic @ 02/18/11 10:31 AM
Top Spin looked good...haha j/k, 2k11 definitely looks much improved.

# 24 nemesis04 @ 02/18/11 10:43 AM
Why is the size of the baseball so big? I don't remember that last year. When Lincecum was holding the ball it looked more softball size. Minor but looked odd to me.

# 25 berenjena @ 02/18/11 10:44 AM
It looks much improved from last year.

Only gripe is why does a 90MPH Fastball seems as a Little league 50MPH fastball...

# 26 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/18/11 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption
crank up the pitch speed slider (which they always have) to 100 and then tell me the pitches look slow... that is one thing that is not a problem because of the slider
When your hitting yes. But it still has that floating look when your pitching. Even @ 100

Sent from my FRESH EVO 3.5 via tapatalk

# 27 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/18/11 11:22 AM
Very nice. Animations look very clean and smooth. Loved Tim getting upset after give up the hit. Everything looks good. Can't wait see some dedicated gameplay though.

Side note: I think I want Top Spin know. That looked really good.

# 28 Picci @ 02/18/11 12:00 PM
I was thinking the same thing. There really wasn't much we were able to see since they were keying on the interview itself, but from what I saw, it looked the same as MLB2K10.

# 29 brendanrfoley @ 02/18/11 12:38 PM
I will say this; the game certainly appears to run more smoothly and is greatly aided by the increase in animations. I'm excited to get my hands on the demo.

Edit: A year ago today, 2K released a 10:00 "gameplay" trailer from 2K10 -- unedited gameplay of a game between the Mets and Cubs. I'd love if they did the same thing today.

# 30 SPTO @ 02/18/11 01:48 PM
The game looks a lot smoother and the transitional animations add a lot to it. This combined with the weather being so nice outside right now and I wanna play baseball ASAP!

# 31 Ltrain44 @ 02/18/11 02:15 PM
Yeah, the ball does look kinda big, lol

# 32 Spanky @ 02/18/11 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Why is the size of the baseball so big? I don't remember that last year. When Lincecum was holding the ball it looked more softball size. Minor but looked odd to me.
That's the first thing I noticed. Looked big in his hand and also big during the pitch.

# 33 Wavebird99 @ 02/18/11 04:43 PM
Am I the only one who thought you could barely see anything? There were like two plays to the field.

# 34 rugged0shrew @ 02/18/11 05:50 PM
I didn't know where else to post it and didn't want to make a new thread, but ronnie just said he expects raw gameplay footage to be out within a week or so... Cross your fingers!

# 35 Dazraz @ 02/19/11 04:14 AM
Not the most flattering video. However the visual & lighting look solid & everything seemed to be running pretty smooth. Only negative was that some of the player faces look like corpses. Particularly Josh Hamilton. Hopefully this was down to the video quality & not what the game actually looks like.

# 36 jr86 @ 02/19/11 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Looks like the same game to me, which is somewhat disappointing to see. What's with the slow motion when the ball is put into play?? The same happens when the pitcher releases the pitch. It's seems like the animation is slowed down.
I think this is great personally. For me 2k10 played out far too fast animation wise. I think toning it down gives it a more measured approach and you don't have the guys running around as if they are on roids.

# 37 Blzer @ 02/19/11 09:41 AM
I don't like that they reverted back to the old fielding camera; it gets way too "overhead" when going to the outfield. Shame, I'd much prefer a true broadcast cam. No game still has yet to fully replicate that in-game. The ball also looks rather oversized. And did I see Omar Vizquel on SF again? Whose stance was that?

I liked everything else though, it looks like the real time presentation worked its way back in again somewhat, almost like the team took some steps backwards but in good ways. I'm also digging how both games are incorporating the proper BTP cams for more authenticity, it looks legit! I'm just waiting on some full innings of play and hearing the three man booth once again!

EDIT: And I see some people are complaining about the jumpy lineup stuff. That's not the game that's doing that, it was just the way they edited the video. Much like how it started off with Lincecum about to pitch and then they were suddenly in the main menu.

# 38 BlackBetty15 @ 02/19/11 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't like that they reverted back to the old fielding camera; it gets way too "overhead" when going to the outfield. Shame, I'd much prefer a true broadcast cam. No game still has yet to fully replicate that in-game. The ball also looks rather oversized. And did I see Omar Vizquel on SF again? Whose stance was that?

I liked everything else though, it looks like the real time presentation worked its way back in again somewhat, almost like the team took some steps backwards but in good ways. I'm also digging how both games are incorporating the proper BTP cams for more authenticity, it looks legit! I'm just waiting on some full innings of play and hearing the three man booth once again!

EDIT: And I see some people are complaining about the jumpy lineup stuff. That's not the game that's doing that, it was just the way they edited the video. Much like how it started off with Lincecum about to pitch and then they were suddenly in the main menu.
See, I think this was a VERY early build of 2k11. Then again maybe not...Dont know if anyone else noticed but adrian beltre had that same generic stance that was there last year which is a real bummer and a bite sad. Especially since they had his stance i the game 2k7 - 2k9 and then nothing all of the sudden in 2k10 and looks to be the same in 2k11, which means alfonso soriano is liekly to eb generic along with the rest of the "closed stance" hitters. I am hoping I am wrong. Also is it me or is tori hunter either the hardest face to replicate in a video game is do devs just not like the game. the "other" game has him down pretty nice this year but seeing some of the 2k videos....def left something to be desired. Again, could be early builds and stf could of changed

# 39 Matt Diesel @ 02/19/11 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
Yeah the catcher throws the ball back to the pitcher at the same speed the pitcher throws..lol It looks good though. 2K has always had that wiffle ball feeling though.

Not using this as an excuse, but objects moving away from you look slower than objects coming toward you.

# 40 Doormat @ 02/19/11 12:12 PM
Looks much more polished than last year, love the animations and player faces!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.