Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

By the way, this is why 2K should not wait so long to release video; invariably, something like this leaks that shows the game in a less than flattering light.

I'm not crazing about some of the (re)used camera angles. For example, the camera angle during the lineup screens made no sense last year and to see them return for me is a big disappointment.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 duke776 @ 02/19/11 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't like that they reverted back to the old fielding camera; it gets way too "overhead" when going to the outfield. Shame, I'd much prefer a true broadcast cam. No game still has yet to fully replicate that in-game. The ball also looks rather oversized. And did I see Omar Vizquel on SF again? Whose stance was that?

I liked everything else though, it looks like the real time presentation worked its way back in again somewhat, almost like the team took some steps backwards but in good ways. I'm also digging how both games are incorporating the proper BTP cams for more authenticity, it looks legit! I'm just waiting on some full innings of play and hearing the three man booth once again!

EDIT: And I see some people are complaining about the jumpy lineup stuff. That's not the game that's doing that, it was just the way they edited the video. Much like how it started off with Lincecum about to pitch and then they were suddenly in the main menu.
Personally if the fielding camera is back to what it was in 2k9, I'll be happy. I loved it, and hated 2k10's where we wouldn't be able to see the ball all the time. I mean, the best thing would be to give us back multiple camera options like we had in 2k8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
See, I think this was a VERY early build of 2k11. Then again maybe not...Dont know if anyone else noticed but adrian beltre had that same generic stance that was there last year which is a real bummer and a bite sad. Especially since they had his stance i the game 2k7 - 2k9 and then nothing all of the sudden in 2k10 and looks to be the same in 2k11, which means alfonso soriano is liekly to eb generic along with the rest of the "closed stance" hitters. I am hoping I am wrong. Also is it me or is tori hunter either the hardest face to replicate in a video game is do devs just not like the game. the "other" game has him down pretty nice this year but seeing some of the 2k videos....def left something to be desired. Again, could be early builds and stf could of changed
Yeah I was definitely disappointed to see Beltre have that generic stance. I hope it's not like that in the regular game, the one they had of him in 2k8 was pretty good I believe (don't know if it was in 2k9 or not). And if he's missing his stance it'll probably be like last year where there were a few guys who "had" their stances in the game but it was really just a generic stance. And they all had stances in previous games.

# 42 Black59Razr @ 02/19/11 01:40 PM
Its hard for me to tell how good this game is with all the arrows, circles, stars, and stuff all over the screen. I will have to download the PS3 demo to see how good it is. But it looks pretty darn good!

# 43 kumala @ 02/20/11 12:44 AM
I don't know how you guys can tell that this game is more polished than last years by watching this. Its the same footage over an over. I want to see more gameplay of this game and I hope it is going to be better.

# 44 jeffy777 @ 02/20/11 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumala
I don't know how you guys can tell that this game is more polished than last years by watching this. Its the same footage over an over. I want to see more gameplay of this game and I hope it is going to be better.
Everything just looks smoother, especially the animations. Sorry you cant see it. It probably helps that I played a ton of 2K10, so I can easily tell a difference.

# 45 PVarck31 @ 02/20/11 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't like that they reverted back to the old fielding camera; it gets way too "overhead" when going to the outfield. Shame, I'd much prefer a true broadcast cam. No game still has yet to fully replicate that in-game. The ball also looks rather oversized. And did I see Omar Vizquel on SF again? Whose stance was that?

I liked everything else though, it looks like the real time presentation worked its way back in again somewhat, almost like the team took some steps backwards but in good ways. I'm also digging how both games are incorporating the proper BTP cams for more authenticity, it looks legit! I'm just waiting on some full innings of play and hearing the three man booth once again!

EDIT: And I see some people are complaining about the jumpy lineup stuff. That's not the game that's doing that, it was just the way they edited the video. Much like how it started off with Lincecum about to pitch and then they were suddenly in the main menu.
I'm trying to figure out what you mean when you say "broadcast camera." I Are you saying a low tv style static behind the plate cam? I really liked the camera on that little bloop single from the video. I love seeing the flight of the ball like that. I absolutely loved the high cam from 2k8. I love seeing the flight of the ball.

Do you want the cam focused on the player and not the ball?

# 46 Blzer @ 02/20/11 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I'm trying to figure out what you mean when you say "broadcast camera." I Are you saying a low tv style static behind the plate cam? I really liked the camera on that little bloop single from the video. I love seeing the flight of the ball like that. I absolutely loved the high cam from 2k8. I love seeing the flight of the ball.

I don't really know how else to put it. You know when the ball is put in play on TV and there's a camera that shows it? That camera.

# 47 rudyjuly2 @ 02/20/11 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31

I'm with you. I want to see the high flight of the ball in the outfield. A broadcast camera where I never see the ball land until it's in my glove is something I have no interest in.

I'm always big on camera angles so it would be great to have more than one so everyone can be pleased. But I'll selfishly accept the zoomed out one in 2K11 at Blazr's expense.

# 48 Blzer @ 02/20/11 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm with you. I want to see the high flight of the ball in the outfield. A broadcast camera where I never see the ball land until it's in my glove is something I have no interest in.

I'm always big on camera angles so it would be great to have more than one so everyone can be pleased. But I'll selfishly accept the zoomed out one in 2K11 at Blazr's expense.
To avoid being coy, I'll just go out and say that I simply want it to look exactly like we see it on TV. And more often than not they do tend to zoom out to show the path of the fly ball. I just don't like how it gets too "over the top" with the angle on those deep fly balls. I know you want to see the ball in its flight, but damn it I can't see the beautiful stadium behind it. Plus I can't judge the path of the ball if it bounces because my view has been distorted. I no longer can't judge the velocity or trajectory as a result.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.