Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

Mauer Mondays continue at Gamestop with another MLB 11 The Show video. This one is a gameplay clip between the St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 PsychoBulk @ 02/22/11 05:39 AM
The amount of negativity and trashing comments based on one awfully spliced together and rushed gameplay clip astounds me.

Yes, the commentary...we know, we all know, SCEA will sort that eventually, but for those who say it looks like 10, well i must be Stevie Wonder then because i can see, even in such a poor quality vid, the massive improvements to the lighting, player models and textures.

This was a poor style of video to let out to promote the game, i can agree wit that, but look deeper and its content only holds a peek, the tiniest peek, at the treasures this game really holds, and on March 8, all will be revealed.

# 142 DickDalewood @ 02/22/11 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
The amount of negativity and trashing comments based on one awfully spliced together and rushed gameplay clip astounds me.

Yes, the commentary...we know, we all know, SCEA will sort that eventually, but for those who say it looks like 10, well i must be Stevie Wonder then because i can see, even in such a poor quality vid, the massive improvements to the lighting, player models and textures.

This was a poor style of video to let out to promote the game, i can agree wit that, but look deeper and its content only holds a peek, the tiniest peek, at the treasures this game really holds, and on March 8, all will be revealed.
Don't worry, the negativity typically comes from a more outspoken crowd, therefor it seems much more prevalent than it actually is. What I find hilarious are the "this looks like 10!" comments. Lol. Well.... it is the 2011 version of MLB 2010 so, um yah, no **** it looks like 10. Unless this was coming off an NBA Elite type year, I'd be pissed if it DIDN'T look like 10. Unfortunately, certain people seem to want a completely re-hauled game every year.

You're right on too, about these videos just being a peak. That spliced little video shows maybe 1% of all that The Show offers in terms of a baseball game, not to mention how much it shines on a TV set 10ft in front of one's face. I do, however, think SCEA needs to be a little smarter when allowing these videos to be released, simply knowing that there is always a small (but vocal) crowd of people who overreact to every bit of information that gets released.

Now, having said all that, this is no different than it's been in years past, and once we get a few weeks removed from the release of this game, most of the "out of the woodworks" crowd will go away, and we will no longer have to wade through pages and pages of all-caps, exclamation point laced posts.

Every year we have a Countdown to Release thread... I have my own Countdown to Peace going on in my head... just five more weeks

# 143 Blzer @ 02/22/11 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Now, having said all that, this is no different than it's been in years past, and once we get a few weeks removed from the release of this game, most of the "out of the woodworks" crowd will go away, and we will no longer have to wade through pages and pages of all-caps, exclamation point laced posts.
Truth be told, I'm seeing more of these posts from people who have something good to say about the game.

# 144 PhillsPhan26 @ 02/22/11 08:10 AM
I really don't think the video gives the game any justice due to the fact that it's played from behind the pitcher cam. I mean is there at least handful of people who bat using the from behind the pitcher cam? I know I maybe seen one person say they like playing that way but for me I get my enjoyment from catcher cam when batting.

# 145 Golds @ 02/22/11 08:12 AM
Only thing I don't like is the end of the game...

First the pitcher pumps his fist and turns around and the catcher runs up behind him.

Then an "end of the game" cut scene starts and it shows the pitcher celebrating differently and the catcher running up to the pitcher in a whole different way......

# 146 DickDalewood @ 02/22/11 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Truth be told, I'm seeing more of these posts from people who have something good to say about the game.

You're probably right!

# 147 Flaxseed Oil @ 02/22/11 09:10 AM
I don't see what so many people are ticked off about?

Great game still? Check.
Improved player models? Check.
Cool broadcast style cams? Check.
New analog controls? Check.
Improved franchise logic? Check.
Rain/weather? Check.
Camera editor to make the game feel even more different? Check.

This is going to be a great game, quit your complaining!

# 148 Joey @ 02/22/11 09:20 AM
People are using the "looks like '10" comment like that's a bad thing, but graphically it was one of the best games out last year. Even with that though, this year's looks are improved with the lighting and new player models. This vid's quality doesn't show the beauty of The Show.

# 149 nemesis04 @ 02/22/11 09:45 AM
I am not even going to comment at all the bull**** in this thread!

Anyway, at the 5:20 mark when the ball is hit down the left field line you see an example of the delayed jump by the left fielder. The ball is at third base and the fielder will just begin his break towards the ball. These things are subtle but will result in dynamic changes in the game. There are a ton of these type adjustments in the game. I warned everyone at face value you would not see dramatic/radical changes. Playing over time will reveal a ton though. It is a shame many can't see this!

Lets just keep talking about the commentary!

# 150 SeerMagicX @ 02/22/11 09:47 AM
looks like the same boring game to me. I dont think analog controls and custom camera is enough to get people like me who have been playing the series for 10 years to come back. but we'll see, demo does come out today.

# 151 sroz39 @ 02/22/11 09:49 AM
What bothers me a bit is people want it both ways. EA gets slagged for wanting to throw a bunch of features in their annual releases and some are broken, then people cry "just focus on the gameplay". SCEA foregoes creating a bunch of back-of-the-box features every year for the sake of gameplay and people cry "it's the same as last year". Personally, I know that when SCEA puts something new in the game, it's been designed well AND executed well.

So if it takes them two years to fully implement new player models and three years to include analog controls in the game, I know I'm getting a fully fleshed out feature. I trust these guys, they've earned no less than that from me and everyone else here. They are one of the rare devs who implement new features based on OUR wants (and I'm talking OS). We're not an after-thought, the minority "hardcore" like some devs treat us as. These guys get it. They know if they create a game that guys on OS will love because it's "sim" ( I hate that word) the rest of the baseball gaming audience will follow because a game designed with this much authenticity and care and attention to detail is IMPOSSIBLE to ignore, no matter how much of a fan of the sport you are.

# 152 Knight165 @ 02/22/11 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerMagicX
looks like the same boring game to me. I dont think analog controls and custom camera is enough to get people like me who have been playing the series for 10 years to come back. but we'll see, demo does come out today.
What a shock.

M.K.
Knight165

# 153 Simp @ 02/22/11 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
What bothers me a bit is people want it both ways. EA gets slagged for wanting to throw a bunch of features in their annual releases and some are broken, then people cry "just focus on the gameplay". SCEA foregoes creating a bunch of back-of-the-box features every year for the sake of gameplay and people cry "it's the same as last year". Personally, I know that when SCEA puts something new in the game, it's been designed well AND executed well.

So if it takes them two years to fully implement new player models and three years to include analog controls in the game, I know I'm getting a fully fleshed out feature. I trust these guys, they've earned no less than that from me and everyone else here. They are one of the rare devs who implement new features based on OUR wants (and I'm talking OS). We're not an after-thought, the minority "hardcore" like some devs treat us as. These guys get it. They know if they create a game that guys on OS will love because it's "sim" ( I hate that word) the rest of the baseball gaming audience will follow because a game designed with this much authenticity and care and attention to detail is IMPOSSIBLE to ignore, no matter how much of a fan of the sport you are.
Good post. If I have any problem with this video, it's with the video itself, not the game. Why can't these guys ever just try to play the game as it's intended to be enjoyed, instead of swinging at everything and batting from behind the pitcher? Argh.

# 154 Skyboxer @ 02/22/11 10:33 AM
Quote:

Exactly.
Also the "2K is improving their game!!!!!" is frankly a stupid arguement. Not slamming 2K as I like some of the things in that game and buy it every year. Howeve,r 2K had a LOT more areas of needed improvment than The Show IMO. SCEA will, hopefully, continue to focus on gameplay and keep updating and improving franchise and commentary etc...

# 155 NYJin2009tm @ 02/22/11 10:34 AM
Quote:

My thoughts exactly! With Sony Devs you know you are getting quality!

# 156 Knight165 @ 02/22/11 10:41 AM
Right?
I actually wish...they would start a franchise game......sim late into the season and pick a matchup, letting the CPU play the CPU and just use that. Let it play for the last 3 innings and we'll just watch.
Everything the CPU does...is possible with the USER.
I know....they want to show off the new controls...but I'd just like to see the gameplay untouched!

M.K.
Knight165

# 157 Joey @ 02/22/11 10:41 AM
Your statements make no sense to me. So you've been playing the series for 10 years and say it's boring, analog controls and custom cameras are no good, blah, blah, blah, not enough to get you to come back. Analog controls (for this series) apparently aren't groundbreaking enough for you to purchase this year's game (although that certainly isn't the only new or improved feature) so I have to ask...What were the big features that brought you back the other 9 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerMagicX

# 158 Pared @ 02/22/11 10:42 AM
This wasn't a poor video at all. It oozes baseball. If you're looking for the NBA All-Star game, you're in the wrong place.

Don't back-tread on a great product.

People are doing the same thing they do every year - get hyped about a feature set, complain, watch videos, complain, whine how they are not getting the game, complain, buy the game early somewhere, claim how much they love the game, it's the best ever, will take off of work just to play it, find one thing "wrong" and obsess over it, complain, say X company MUST release a patch because the game is unplayable now, complain, wait until they release a patch, complain, get the patch the minute it's available, complain PSN is too slow, rejoice on how one thing is fixed but can't believe "they didn't fix blank," complain, get bored with the game, complain it's not the best ever, trade it in, complain, move onto another title and start the cycle again in 6 months when new information is released.

Same ole, same ole.

# 159 tvman @ 02/22/11 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
This wasn't a poor video at all. It oozes baseball. If you're looking for the NBA All-Star game, you're in the wrong place.

Don't back-tread on a great product.

People are doing the same thing they do every year - get hyped about a feature set, complain, watch videos, complain, whine how they are not getting the game, complain, buy the game early somewhere, claim how much they love the game, it's the best ever, will take off of work just to play it, find one thing "wrong" and obsess over it, complain, say X company MUST release a patch because the game is unplayable now, complain, wait until they release a patch, complain, get the patch the minute it's available, complain PSN is too slow, rejoice on how one thing is fixed but can't believe "they didn't fix blank," complain, get bored with the game, complain it's not the best ever, trade it in, complain, move onto another title and start the cycle again in 6 months when new information is released.

Same ole, same ole.
Sounds like you missed out on your morning coffee.

# 160 Pared @ 02/22/11 11:14 AM
No, I just understand the non-sense that happens here yearly. Think of me as an AA counselor.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.