Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The first extended look at MLB 2K11 gameplay footage pitting the Philadelphia Phillies at the Colorado Rockies in the top of the 8th inning.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Eddie1967 @ 02/22/11 08:45 PM
loved the atmosphere hate the batting view, could MLB 2K11 make the leap that NBA2K11 did?

# 82 myghty @ 02/22/11 08:45 PM
Video was pretty good. Love the commentary. Don't like that batting view, seems like the pitcher is a mile away but Im assuming you can move the camera closer? All in all is not that bad though I agree with Bigjoe, the guy just hit a grandslam & they focus on the pitcher? Where is the celebration at home plate?

# 83 Ænima @ 02/22/11 08:51 PM
I'm kind of confused as to why they chose to do a night game at a visually uninteresting stadium. They've made some nice improvements with lighting, let us see a day game where you can show that off.

I'll wait until I see all these other videos before I worry.

# 84 J_Posse @ 02/22/11 08:53 PM
I'm disappointed that they didn't show a full inning of gameplay, but the video was okay. Graphically, the game hasn't improved much. I liked a lot of the new faces for the players, although Charlie Manuel looked horrible. I can't take much away from the gameplay without having in my own hands, so I'll wait to pass judgment when a demo arrives.

# 85 DickDalewood @ 02/22/11 09:18 PM
Really like the announcing and presentation, but... what happened to the graphics??? They look WORSE than last year IMO.

I really hope the next videos (or demo) show a lot better stuff than this did. Definitely underwhelmed at this point.

# 86 tmac55 @ 02/22/11 09:31 PM
Watching the video again, I have to say the lighting is superb. Presentation and stats analysis are always impressive in 2k games.

# 87 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/22/11 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
loved the atmosphere hate the batting view, could MLB 2K11 make the leap that NBA2K11 did?
Off topic: I love the av! I love that girl!

# 88 tvman @ 02/22/11 10:37 PM
When Charlie Manual came out to the mound my first thought was "why the heck are you wearing eyeblack", lol.

My biggest disappointment with the video BY FAR was Fowler hitting that grounder to 2nd on a pitch that was up around his head.

I can put up with all kinds of bad presentation etc as i generally fast forward through that stuff but this is gameplay were talking about here!

# 89 CubFan23 @ 02/22/11 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Really like the announcing and presentation, but... what happened to the graphics??? They look WORSE than last year IMO.

I really hope the next videos (or demo) show a lot better stuff than this did. Definitely underwhelmed at this point.
100% this^^^^ Graphics look dated and the shoes are horrible, way too pointy and I hate the player's look from the knee down, no tapering at the ankle. I do like the presentation but the graphics worry me.

# 90 Blitzburgh @ 02/22/11 10:59 PM
How do I know how fast my base runners are? Please tell me I don't have to pause the screen and search for it? thanks

# 91 jeffy777 @ 02/22/11 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
How do I know how fast my base runners are? Please tell me I don't have to pause the screen and search for it? thanks
You do have to pause it, but you don't have to search for it. It's right on the main pause screen in the middle.

# 92 johnnyg713 @ 02/22/11 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
Like the video, but the cpu ai bothers me. Why would you bring in a new pitcher to issue an intentional walk? A real MLB manager would have the pitcher being replaced issue the IBB.
This should def be one of the major issues being discussed about this vid. The AI should have intentionally walked the batter first.. Waited to see who the player brought in to pinch hit for the pitcher, then subbed in a reliever the coach thought necessary to pitch (usually lefty vs lefty). This issue def needs to be brought to 2ks attention. Hope this can be patched

# 93 jeffy777 @ 02/23/11 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
This should def be one of the major issues being discussed about this vid. The AI should have intentionally walked the batter first.. Waited to see who the player brought in to pinch hit for the pitcher, then subbed in a reliever the coach thought necessary to pitch (usually lefty vs lefty). This issue def needs to be brought to 2ks attention. Hope this can be patched
This is true. But to be honest, I can't remember a 2K game where the AI was smart enough with the bullpen management to always handle lefty and righty matchups properly. Last year, the AI manager left relievers in too long. Supposedly they have fixed that this year, so now they just need to take the AI to the next level.

Otherwise, I think this game is looking pretty decent. I still wish they would've given us a better video with at least one full inning, but it shouldn't be too long before we have the demo.

# 94 hurdinator @ 02/23/11 02:15 AM
Love to see that mountain fountain!

Animations seem pretty smooth and the contact is fairly well portrayed. The thing that grates on me the most is the zombie look on the players faces. Some of the fielders look like they were the characters that couldnt make the cut in dead rising!!!!

# 95 jeffy777 @ 02/23/11 02:27 AM
Well, it seems my suspicions were correct about Ronnie making the video.....via twitter:

Quote:
Ronnie2K: I played Sean Bailey over the weekend in #MLB2K11, absolutely insane/fun game. I had him over 90 pitches after 5 (Jonathan Sanchez)

Ronnie2K: It plays so tense this year, I was going nuts. Then I decided to blow it in the 8th.

Ronnie2K: I should have recorded that game too. Both him and I were saying it while we were playing.
No offense to Ronnie, but they should really leave it up to one of the developers to make these videos. This explains why the video is kind of weird in terms of only half an inning of just batting, he's swinging at almost everything, etc. I know Ronnie means well, but he should have a developer make the video who can showcase the new changes and show a little more discipline at the plate perhaps too .

# 96 SoxFan01605 @ 02/23/11 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Well, it seems my suspicions were correct about Ronnie making the video.....via twitter:

No offense to Ronnie, but they should really leave it up to one of the developers to make these videos. This explains why the video is kind of weird in terms of only half an inning of just batting, he's swinging at almost everything, etc. I know Ronnie means well, but he should have a developer make the video who can showcase the new changes and show a little more discipline at the plate perhaps too .
Really, IMO CPU vs CPU should be the standard that these sports games go by for their videos (not that it's just 2K, hardly anyone really does it). You get to see the AI and the game in it's "natural" state, so to speak...without users goofing it up...lol. A video can't tell you much, but when a user is mucking everything up, it tells you almost nothing.

Oh well. Hopefully something better is on the horizon.

# 97 rudyjuly2 @ 02/23/11 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
Don't like that batting view, seems like the pitcher is a mile away but Im assuming you can move the camera closer?
I actually love that default angle. It lets me see the pitches better but the game itself (at least 2K10) had a bunch of different preset options along with the ability to change the zoom and angle for each one. You won't have an issue finding one you like.

# 98 Blazzen @ 02/23/11 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Charlie Manuel wants you to be his apprentice.

ROFL.

He looks like the emperor.

Seriously though, Charlie Manual in real life does look like he's knocking on death's door. Looking at that pic and him in game, it's not that far off.

# 99 ditchrider1 @ 02/23/11 09:32 AM
Not really enough info to be upset or happy from that video. Stadium looks nice, improved visuals in that aspect. the batting helmets look like crap...they should be shiny plastic like Madden or the other baseball game.

The presentation for the NLCS is a bit weak too. After a comeback like that in the eight especially with a grand slam, everyone would be up in their seats for at least a minute after the HR all clapping together, waving towels.

This is from the crowd, but the atmosphere in the video here blows away 2k11. In 2k they do not show the crowd after the grand slam but I guarantee they are not reacting like this.

[crowd atmospehere][/code]

# 100 Blitzburgh @ 02/23/11 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
You do have to pause it, but you don't have to search for it. It's right on the main pause screen in the middle.
Ok thanks- I would just like to see everything I need to without jumping out of the game. Its not a huge deal but frustrating nonetheless. Looking forward to the demo before I make my mind up this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.