Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

The MLB 11 The Show demo is available now. It weighs in at roughly 3 GB and features the Texas Rangers vs. the San Francisco Giants, in a 4 inning World Series rematch.

Please post your impressions here.

DO NOT post that you are downloading the demo, what % the download is at, the fact that you are starting to install it, etc.

IMPRESSIONS ONLY please.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 781 Yanksrock08 @ 03/05/11 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
My iTouch won't allow me to do a search, but search something like "community day impressions" and read through Nemesis_04's tutorial/feedback.

If you can't find it, PM me and I'll get back to you when I have more time.
Found the thread.Thank You!!! but its 242 pages!!! i dont know if i have the patience to look through every page!!!

# 782 nemesis04 @ 03/05/11 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanksrock08
Found the thread.Thank You!!! but its 242 pages!!! i dont know if i have the patience to look through every page!!!
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042152081

# 783 Yanksrock08 @ 03/05/11 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Thanks!!!!!!!!

# 784 Heroesandvillains @ 03/06/11 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Oops! I sent him into the jungle!

Thanks Nem.

# 785 slugga77 @ 03/06/11 12:42 PM
I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME. I like forgot about it until mid-late february but ever since then I have been CRAVING this game. I want the whole package not just the demo...I can't wait to crack into that franchise mode...It hurts me to read peoples impressions that have the game already haha. I can only imagine...

# 786 TheSoutherner1405 @ 03/06/11 02:39 PM
Same! but living in europe I will get tomorrow
I wont know what to start with!

# 787 Mabster @ 03/06/11 02:44 PM
Watching spring training (Braves vs Nats) on MLB network right now is making me REALLY wish that clock would magically advance about 36 hours...

# 788 DiamondbacksLive @ 03/06/11 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman
I forgot to mention one thing:

I've played MLB since the 2008 PS3-edition for at least 500 games. But one thing never happend before yesterday: A Rangers player hit a fast groundball between first and second base past my first basemen to the outfield. With the right fielder I threw the ball to first base and - PREMIERE - it landed in my players glove before the runner was on first base. Hilarious commentary: "How slow can you be!".
Haha! I threw out Helton from RF too 2 months ago. First time I've done that too after playing since 07.

# 789 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 03/06/11 04:52 PM
Oh.
My.
God.
Cruz hit a bomb off me and it went to HR celebration cam right away, but it pulled foul at the last second.
Cruz was waving the ball fair.

Im in love

# 790 davewins @ 03/06/11 05:02 PM
Finally won my first game on legend although I have only been really playing with one team for about 7 or 8 games. Got together 8 hits and 4 runs with the Rangers (that's a high for me in runs and hits).

Question though: Why is the CPU's PCI so big? It takes up the entire strike zone some times. I don't get it. I can never get my PCI that big no matter how good my timing. Even using contact swing.

# 791 bcruise @ 03/06/11 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davewins
Finally won my first game on legend although I have only been really playing with one team for about 7 or 8 games. Got together 8 hits and 4 runs with the Rangers (that's a high for me in runs and hits).

Question though: Why is the CPU's PCI so big? It takes up the entire strike zone some times. I don't get it. I can never get my PCI that big no matter how good my timing. Even using contact swing.
That's a difficulty level difference - the User's PCI is much smaller than normal on Legend. I think it's around the same size as the AI's on All-Star, and gets bigger the lower you go. I don't think the AI's PCI changes on any (pitching) difficulty level.

Part of the challenge of playing the highest difficulty level, I'd say.

# 792 nemesis04 @ 03/06/11 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davewins

What is your pitching difficulty? That would determine The CPU's hitting difficulty.

# 793 davewins @ 03/06/11 06:19 PM
Thank you bcruise and nemesis. That explains it!! I thought it had to do with me miss-timing. I had it on Legend for both pitching and hitting. Fielding NO WAY lol.

# 794 Armor and Sword @ 03/06/11 06:36 PM
Just played my last game on the demo and deleted it.

I can't wait for Tuesday!!! I am just blown away how much better this is going to be than 2009 from a visual stand point. Plus at some point I may go for it in learning the analog controls for hitting and batting. Plus they revamped RTTS which I found tedious on 2009.

Reading all the official retail impressions has me hungry for The Show for the next 8-9 months to go along with my love affair with NBA2K11. Looks like I am skipping video football gaming altogether this year. No doubt in my mind in fact.

# 795 Heroesandvillains @ 03/06/11 09:28 PM
Check out some of the boxscores in the other threads. I've seen guys with 7-0 scores and something like a 12-5...don't worry about that my man.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.