Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

IGN has just posted the top rated teams, hitter, fielder, pitcher, and most improved player in MLB 11 The Show. They have also included some new screenshots.

Top-Rated Teams: Yankees and Red Sox
Top Hitter: Albert Pujols
Top Fielder: Ichiro Suzuki
Top Pitcher: Ubaldo Jimenez
Most Improved: Carlos Gonzalez

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 pittsburgher86 @ 02/28/11 05:06 PM
I definitely don't like Ubaldo Jimenez being the Number 1 Pitcher in all baseball. Roy Halladay, Tim Lincecum, Felix Hernandez, Cliff Lee, Jon Lester, the list goes. Ubaldo is good but not that good. Yankees pitching is a joke too. This is just bad...

# 22 Russell_SCEA @ 02/28/11 05:16 PM
The top 5 pitchers in the game have the same overall.

# 23 Kearnzo @ 02/28/11 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburgher86
I definitely don't like Ubaldo Jimenez being the Number 1 Pitcher in all baseball. Roy Halladay, Tim Lincecum, Felix Hernandez, Cliff Lee, Jon Lester, the list goes. Ubaldo is good but not that good. Yankees pitching is a joke too. This is just bad...
Do we really have to go through this every year? If you don't like the ratings, then edit them.

We go through this supposed ratings "mess" every year too. By now i'd think people would remember that the top guys at each position usually have a maxed out overall, so whoever is rated at the top of the position may not technically be better overall than someone else with the same overall rating. They are just listed above them.

# 24 tvman @ 02/28/11 05:25 PM
I'm thinking the reason Ubaldo is #1 has a lot to do with his stuff. Not sure if Scea factors in how a pitcher competes with runners in scoring position and such. That is what makes Halladay and Lincecum such great pitchers.

# 25 Pistolero @ 02/28/11 05:37 PM
Good stuff there!

# 26 mgjohns61585 @ 02/28/11 05:46 PM
Nice

# 27 KBLover @ 02/28/11 06:03 PM
Jimenez is interesting he's that far up to where he's even with the other top 5 pitchers.

But, when I look at the same ratings scale The Show uses (H/9, HR/9, BB/9, K/9) - there's not a lot of differences between the guys mentioned here.

Halladay looks the most different because of his BB/9 (1.1 - sheez). Felix Hernandez allowed just 7 H/9 (sheez part 2) with Wainwright right behind him (7.3)

Lincecum has the most K/9.

I can see why they are all closely rated. They all performed pretty close looking at the /9 rates from last year.

# 28 KBLover @ 02/28/11 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
I'm thinking the reason Ubaldo is #1 has a lot to do with his stuff. Not sure if Scea factors in how a pitcher competes with runners in scoring position and such. That is what makes Halladay and Lincecum such great pitchers.
They used to have a "Pitching Clutch" rating which I always assumed impacted things like that and pitcher confidence stability (so the pitcher won't get rattled as much if there's a rally against him).

I read confidence is done differently this year - maybe Pitching Clutch is still in though.

# 29 treyraq @ 02/28/11 06:29 PM
If Jimenez has a first half like he did last year, you guys will be eating your words.

By the way, who is responsible for the ratings, or how does SCEA compile them?

# 30 Socalbias @ 02/28/11 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The top 5 pitchers in the game have the same overall.
Who are the top 5 pitchers?

King Felix
Halladay
Lincecum
Jimenez

whos the 5th? Lee?

# 31 HeyYoCraig @ 02/28/11 06:46 PM
I think I read a few years ago that they take into consideration each player's last 3 seasons, with a stronger emphasis on the most recent year. They have some sort of formula they apply to player's statistics I think.

I could be wrong with all of this though haha

# 32 nymets94 @ 02/28/11 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalbias
Who are the top 5 pitchers?

King Felix
Halladay
Lincecum
Jimenez

whos the 5th? Lee?
i wuld think maybe josh johnson or adam wainwright even though wainwrights hurt now

# 33 nymets94 @ 02/28/11 06:59 PM
hey russell does carlose gonzalez have his own batting stance?

# 34 etched Chaos @ 02/28/11 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyraq
If Jimenez has a first half like he did last year, you guys will be eating your words.

By the way, who is responsible for the ratings, or how does SCEA compile them?
Would we? You rate a player on the whole season not just a single half.

# 35 JaSnake16 @ 02/28/11 08:31 PM
(Big Sigh) And all along I didnt want to do re-rates. Looks like I have to at least initially. Cant wait to see Dice-K, Lackey, Beckett, ARod, Jeter, Posada, Granderson, Paplebon all be horrifically overrated.

# 36 Phillies2010 @ 02/28/11 08:32 PM
As much as i want the phillies staff to be number 1, i know our bullpen is kinda weak. but the yanks... gosh >_<

# 37 lewski19 @ 02/28/11 08:43 PM
It is pretty irrelevant really, but the Yankees are nowhere near the 2nd best pitching and the 2nd best team. Additionally, Jimenez and Lincecum are the top 2 pitchers??? Anybody heard of Roy Halladay?

# 38 B-Man1985 @ 02/28/11 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewski19
It is pretty irrelevant really, but the Yankees are nowhere near the 2nd best pitching and the 2nd best team. Additionally, Jimenez and Lincecum are the top 2 pitchers??? Anybody heard of Roy Halladay?
Yea agree. I know the Phils got a great starting rotation but have a suspect bullpen so I except that. BUT THE YANKEES HAVE 1 ACE! Yea there bullpen is really good but 1 ace! Come on...Burnett crapped the bed the second half a last year and the others are a mystery...

Good thing I guess is I can't wait to beat that Yank-***!

# 39 berenjena @ 02/28/11 09:10 PM
Guys is not based on just last year just because someone had one bad season (Jeter) or in the other end had a great season (Casilla) means their ratings are changing drastically, is all about consistency. the ratings for pitching are probably 60% rotation, 40% Bullpen... with yankees having one of the best bullpens in baseball I can see how they are 4th at overall pitching.

# 40 Knight165 @ 02/28/11 09:13 PM
Somewhere in S.D. a group of men sit back smiling at the chaos they provoke every year.
It never gets old.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.