Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

The MLB 2K11 demo is available now. Add it to your download queue right here.

Please play a few games and post your impressions here.

*UPDATE: PS3 demo is available now.

Quote:
"Begin your quest for perfection on the baseball diamond with the Major League Baseball 2K11 demo, available now for download. Play a three inning game with the San Francisco Giants and Texas Rangers at AT&T Park and get an early taste of 2K11’s Revamped Fielding System and improved Total Control Pitching & Hitting. Perfect YOUR game with Major League Baseball 2K11, in stores March 8!"

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 parkinson @ 03/01/11 05:27 AM
Only for gold members...

# 2 StevenSeagalsLipitor @ 03/01/11 05:29 AM
This is totally worth turning off an episode of American Dad.

# 3 tazbk @ 03/01/11 05:34 AM
Cool, I can sneak a few games in before going to work.
I went ahead and dl'd Top Spin 4 too. Should be good.

# 4 StevenSeagalsLipitor @ 03/01/11 05:35 AM
I don't see it on the marketplace yet.

# 5 ocat @ 03/01/11 05:52 AM
Fantastic! This is the first time a MLB demo has been available on the Australian marketplace, woo hoo!

750mb's BTW

# 6 tazbk @ 03/01/11 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalsLipitor
Go to the Marketplace website. Go to upcoming games and you will see 2K11, just click on it and add it to your que. Then login to xbox live on your console and go to active downloads. It should start.

# 7 hurdinator @ 03/01/11 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalsLipitor
Its there. Just search alphabetically. It hasnt shown up in the Newest section yet

# 8 StevenSeagalsLipitor @ 03/01/11 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdinator
Its there. Just search alphabetically. It hasnt shown up in the Newest section yet
All I see are game trailers.

# 9 rudyjuly2 @ 03/01/11 05:55 AM
Whenever someone gets to play it could you comment on whether we can change difficulty levels, sliders or cameras? I'm hoping they have commentary in the demo too.

# 10 Blzer @ 03/01/11 05:57 AM
2K demos are always so limited; I'd be surprised if they ditched the commentary yet again, even though it's one of the best facets of their game.

# 11 tazbk @ 03/01/11 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkinson
Only for gold members...
Really? You still don't have a gold account? What are you waiting for?

# 12 Hopeful Cubsfan @ 03/01/11 06:15 AM
This game's framerate is very poor when balls are hit into play. I pray this is from an older build and that this is fixed.

# 13 WaddupCouzin @ 03/01/11 06:17 AM
It seems to play alot smoother to me! Fielding is better. I'm still pitching but I'm enjoying the fielding.

# 14 ocat @ 03/01/11 06:21 AM
Loving it so far, 2k have just nailed the pitching! Liking how after each pitch the catcher throws the ball back to the pitcher and then he walks back to the mound instead of just instantly teleporting back to the mound like last year.

# 15 WaddupCouzin @ 03/01/11 06:27 AM
Just saw the 2nd baseman misplay a ball but he was still able to get me out on a close play at first base.

I'm really liking the camera angle once the ball is put into play (Im batting).

# 16 Hopeful Cubsfan @ 03/01/11 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
It seems to play alot smoother to me! Fielding is better. I'm still pitching but I'm enjoying the fielding.
Seems to only be on the foul balls then.

# 17 AmazingMets @ 03/01/11 06:40 AM
Looking forward to all your impressions guys! I'll post some of my own later today!

# 18 Watson @ 03/01/11 06:47 AM
Gah I cant wait to get home from school

# 19 bigfnjoe96 @ 03/01/11 07:04 AM
The new Hitting Camera angle is awesome. Game plays smoothly. The animations look smooth also. The RTP still needs some smoothing out. The animations of runners rounding bases during replays looks better.

DEMO is only 3 innings.

Gotta get to work. Will check-in later

# 20 Hopeful Cubsfan @ 03/01/11 07:05 AM
The Good:
- The bat during check swings stops where you tell it to now. Also, the pitcher won't start his delivery until after the call has been made at 1st/3rd.
- Hitting camera is fantastic
- Bobbled a ball at second, overthrew the 1st basemen trying to make a desperate throw
- Fielders do not powerslide to their position anymore. During pickles, the running and throwing animations are amazingly better.
- Ball physics are very believable. It ricoches off of walls and dirt the way you'd expect it to.
- Good hit variation. Homered with Burrell and Cruz, got some gapper doubles with Moreland and Beltre. Stole a base with Kinsler and Borbon.
-

The Bad:
- very poor framerate when the ball is hit occasionally, happens especially with foul balls and pop flies.
- Catcher magically had possession of a ball that wasn't close to him. I chucked it home with Borbon, and it was maybe 2 feet to his left, but then it teleported into his glove.

« Previous1234567892425Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.