Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

The MLB 2K11 demo is available now. Add it to your download queue right here.

Please play a few games and post your impressions here.

*UPDATE: PS3 demo is available now.

Quote:
"Begin your quest for perfection on the baseball diamond with the Major League Baseball 2K11 demo, available now for download. Play a three inning game with the San Francisco Giants and Texas Rangers at AT&T Park and get an early taste of 2K11’s Revamped Fielding System and improved Total Control Pitching & Hitting. Perfect YOUR game with Major League Baseball 2K11, in stores March 8!"

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tazbk @ 03/01/11 07:08 AM
About to head to work so I will get these in now......

Like the pitching, can already tell the difference in umpiring. I love the new fielding system as well. I have to get used to the new meter but you can easily tell the difference between a good thrower and bad thrower. Same with fielding. Saw a couple of pop-ups, something new to the game. I love the new view when the ball is put in play by yourself. Played a couple of games and will play a lot more when I get back in this evening. Just wanted to post a couple good things. I'm sure this thread will be super long once I get in from work. Later gamers!

# 22 humaca80 @ 03/01/11 07:12 AM
It's up on marketplace but there is no option to download it. WTF??

# 23 Jetsfan44 @ 03/01/11 07:12 AM
How do I get Gold membership and what is the cost?

I don't even see it listed in the Marketplace - Im in NY

Thx

# 24 Alistair @ 03/01/11 07:14 AM
How far behind is it usually for PS3?

# 25 JMD @ 03/01/11 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair
How far behind is it usually for PS3?
My experience is that demos usually come out on the PS3 in the early evening. I'm on the east cost and I see them up around 6:00 or 7:00pm. That said I don't know if they have a set time. I just keep checking every hour or so if I'm home.

# 26 Kernel Pie @ 03/01/11 07:23 AM
Just played a game before work and I was not too impressed. The new infield throw meter was nice, but the game looks awful imo. The between-play cut-scenes are just so bad--it destroys the immersion factor.

They just keep showing Zito staring into space like a zombie. I don't know, there's nothing exciting or interesting during the game to keep you involved. The hitting camera looked choppy as well and there were jaggies evreywhere--this could be demo-related, of course, but who knows.

# 27 TerryP @ 03/01/11 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaca80
It's up on marketplace but there is no option to download it. WTF??
Same here!

# 28 humaca80 @ 03/01/11 07:29 AM
That's so weird. Hopefully that's just temporary. I'd really like to check out the tennis too!

# 29 bluengold34_OS @ 03/01/11 07:36 AM
No option here either, so I just added it to my que from the first post, then went to my 360 and finished it off.

# 30 humaca80 @ 03/01/11 07:51 AM
How do you add to que with no option?

# 31 wcu25rs @ 03/01/11 07:55 AM
I had the same problem. Just do it through xbox's website like others have said. However, when you go to your active downloads on your xbox it might say "assigned to other console." Just click on it and click download now and it should start.

# 32 MrMaddog @ 03/01/11 07:56 AM
Well... didn't like it. I own both the PS3 and Xbox360 so it's only natural to compare this demo to the competition. The most glaring problem that consistently happened when I played the MLB 2K11 demo is a drop in framerate when a ball is put in play. You can call it a hiccup, drop in framerate or whatever, but it is a huge distraction. The animations didn't seem all that smooth to me. I still see this kind of snap animation too many times. And just simple things like the ballpark clock again not working is a huge disappointment.

On the plus side, I really enjoyed the new fielding meter and the new camera angle when putting a ball into play.

However, to release a demo with such a glaring issue as a drop in framerate when putting a ball in play is a game killer for me. I will not be buying this game because of it.

The competition gets my buy.

# 33 bigfnjoe96 @ 03/01/11 07:57 AM
You have to go to xbox.com, sign in,then marketplace, go to search, type in mlb 2k11 & you should get an option to add demo to your download queue

Sent from my FRESH EVO 3.5 via tapatalk

# 34 Money99 @ 03/01/11 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
No commentary and no options to change anything.

Graphics are smoother then last year and so is the colors saturation

Fielding is smoother but there is a big of a frame rate issue when ball is in play

Pitching is just as good. Batting camera is ok, dont like the pitcher being so far out
I'm not worried about the framerate issue. It hasn't been mentioned in any early reviews so I'm guessing (hoping) it's just an issue with the demo.

I have both this and Top Spin 4 downloaded and can't wait to play either tonight.

# 35 MrMaddog @ 03/01/11 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm not worried about the framerate issue. It hasn't been mentioned in any early reviews so I'm guessing (hoping) it's just an issue with the demo.

I have both this and Top Spin 4 downloaded and can't wait to play either tonight.
It's always good to have a positive outlook, but with the 2K's past history in this series, for anyone to not worry about the framerate issue may be kidding themselves. Oh...it's a problem!

# 36 DickDalewood @ 03/01/11 08:33 AM
Since we don't have a demo questions thread yet... Giants4natic, I'm assuming we're getting Giants vs Rangers, yes? Also, is hitting still the same as far as pushing up is normal, back and up is power? (I'm not a fan of that, as I wish every hit had to be loaded, ala 2K8 and The Show). How are the player models and lighting?

Thanks for all the impressions dude.

# 37 Blazzen @ 03/01/11 08:34 AM
Played 3 innings before work today.

The Good:
-Everything felt smooth - good frame rate for the most part - no real jerky animations that I saw.
-Pitching felt good but wasn't pinpoint - strike zone is definitely variable, very cool.
-Liked the real time presentation, no more blue flashes.
-Hit types/placement good, had an infield popups off a miss timed power swing. Didn't see any choppers but I didn't really use the defensive swing either. Did see some looping foul balls. I think hit types/differentiation will be good this year.
- Until I got used to the new throwing meter I did make a throw that pulled the first baseman off the bag. That part of the game is working.
- Had a stolen base attempt at second and the throw was slightly off line but the 2B caught it and put a tag down fast. Very realistic, can tell some work was done on tags.
- Inside edge was enabled in the demo and the hot/cold zones show up on each pitch. I like that, pitch to weaknesses like the Pro's do.

The Bad:
- Maybe it will take some getting used to, but I CANNOT pickup the ball on fly balls/line drives with that new camera after the user hits. Ground balls aren't a problem, I just had trouble picking up the ball on several hits to the outfield. Couldn't see the ball against the background at AT&T park. Hard for me to tell whether or not to advance runners, etc.
- Did see a few too many soft liners like previous years. Could be my bad swing timing though.
- Had the CPU pitcher miss stepping on the base while covering first on a groundball I hit to the first baseman. It wasn't a REAL close play, but was close, I would've been out by a step but the CPU pitcher missed stepping on the base. This was an issue last year too. It did at least charge an error though.

The Ugly:

- No commentary and no player substitutions (unless I'm just dumb and couldn't figure out how to do it) in the demo.
- WTF is up with the 1 hop throws to first base from infielders? Had a relatively normal groundball the third baseman had to range to his left into the hole, made a "green" throw and he decided to 1 hop it to first for the out. It wasn't a "short hop" but a "good" 1 hop throw to first. Maybe it was because it was Pablo Sandoval, but I did see in the fielding DD video that Rollins 1 hopped a "good" throw to first base. Infielders don't 1 hop throws unless its a very difficult, long throw to make. Just kind of wonky if you ask me, but not a deal breaker.

Overall:
This feels like an upgraded version of MLB 2K10. Nothing wrong with that at all. Errors, Injuries, Hot/Cold Streaks, Hit Types, New Cameras, etc. I don't think the game went backwards in ANY areas, only improvements all around so in my mind it is definitely worth getting. I enjoyed and played a lot of MLB2K10 and I think MLB2K11 is shaping up to be even better.

# 38 selahsdaddy @ 03/01/11 08:35 AM
I really disliked the demo...Oh course no commentary so no immersion factor....So much for "real pitch counts" as the CPU swings at ANYTHING close to the plate....I threw 7 pitches in two 1-2-3 innings vs the Rangers....Very disappointed

# 39 DickDalewood @ 03/01/11 08:43 AM
^ Alright, cool. Thanks bud!

# 40 Blazzen @ 03/01/11 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful Cubsfan
Seems to only be on the foul balls then.
I think this is correct. I hit a couple line drives fall over the dugout and it seemed like the game slowed down a bit. Not a big deal since it was a fall ball but annoying none the less. I did not see any slow down on balls put into play fair.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.