Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

According to Tulsa World, the NCAA Football 12 cover athlete will be selected by Facebook fan voting.

The four candidates to grace the cover of NCAA Football 12 will be Oklahoma running back DeMarco Murray, former Alabama running back Mark Ingram, ex-Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley and recent Washington quarterback Jake Locker.

Voting begins Monday, March 7, and runs through April 4. ESPN’s “First Take” will announce the winner on April 19th.

Who would you like to see on the cover?

Hat tip to The Gaming Tailgate.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 shanew21 @ 03/02/11 12:55 PM
Interesting. I don't think Murray will get the vote though.

# 2 TrojanMan3 @ 03/02/11 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJACK
I can't believe they would have him as an option.. and those poses dont exactly look like cover poses, smiling with no helmet on. I wonder what this is for.

I bet we get the first info or blog tomorrow.
Did you see the photoshoot they did for Tebow last year? They take a lot of posses and stuff. With or without helmets

# 3 toine2983 @ 03/02/11 01:24 PM
One way or another, Cam Newton is a lock to be the NCAA 12 coverboy IMO.

# 4 IamLEGENDsince87 @ 03/02/11 01:57 PM
Sent: Mar 2, 2011 1:46p

RT @EANCAAFootball Tune into ESPN First Take tomorrow at 10am ET on ESPN2 for a HUGE NCAA Football 12 announcement!

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/EASPORTS/status/43019364106108928

# 5 TrojanMan3 @ 03/02/11 02:04 PM
The EA Football page said tmrw at 10am ET on ESPN2 First Take they will make an announcement. "Huge". I bet its just the cover

# 6 franko3219 @ 03/02/11 02:26 PM
I agree. I hope that we are both wrong, but I have a feeling that it will end up being a still picture of a receiver trying to catch a pass. That obviously will include, everyone pretending to see something that is not there in a still picture; i.e. look at the lighting this year, it is going to be amazing, or the infamous, man the player models look so much better. Come on guys, it is just a picture. I do not get excited until we get some real gameplay features, improvements and/or actual game play video.

# 7 Solidice @ 03/02/11 02:29 PM
If it's on ESPN, it'll just be the cover announcement and probably an interview with the cover athlete. probably will be nothing on the actual game itself.

# 8 EA_Alex_Howell @ 03/02/11 02:40 PM
Yes, we are going to reveal HUGE news. But I am going to go ahead and spoil it for you...

NEW BAND PLACEMENT FOR NCAA12!!!!!11111

# 9 Scrapps @ 03/02/11 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
If it's on ESPN, it'll just be the cover announcement and probably an interview with the cover athlete. probably will be nothing on the actual game itself.
I could give a crap less if Charlie Sheen is on the cover. Why anyone would care who is on the cover of the game is a mystery to me. Its beyond irrelevant.

# 10 Hova57 @ 03/02/11 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_Alex_Howell
Yes, we are going to reveal HUGE news. But I am going to go ahead and spoil it for you...

we knew that Al based on the questioning earlier in the year. samething with cheers and band playing fightsongs it all goes together.

# 11 br329 @ 03/02/11 02:50 PM
Quote:

That won't mean a damn thing unless windsocks are in this year!

# 12 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/02/11 02:56 PM
Like some of you guys have already said. It is most likly about the player that is going to be on the cover of the box. In which to me ain't nothing big. But again like others have said aswell. I hope I'm wrong aswell as you guys are. I hope it is something that is going to get ncaa 12 on a good note to start out this year. Not going for the hype train on this big news until I see it. Hope it is big news and something about gameplay aleast.

# 13 TrojanMan3 @ 03/02/11 03:08 PM
Yep. Seems to be which athlete is going to be on the cover. My vote is for Mark Ingram. Heisman winner, National Champ.No bad background. 1st round draft choice. But SEC cant dominate the season and the video games lol

# 14 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 03/02/11 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by br329
That won't mean a damn thing unless windsocks are in this year!
That won't mean a damn thing if RTG mode doesn't let me go out drinking as a freshmen!

On a serious note, they should add part of the National Anthem. That is my most wanted presentation imput.

won't we all be shocked if they actually released NEW* information.

By new I mean something that is actually new. Not just "Oh we made better graphics [...again]."

# 15 Scrapps @ 03/02/11 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
i just got word from thegamingtailgate that we will get to vote on the cover athlete like what madden 11 did
Wow! Voting on a picture! They are listening to consumers.

# 16 Pokes404 @ 03/02/11 03:30 PM
My heart tells me that they will announce a emphasis on defense this year and along these lines, the addition of collision physics!

But, my head is telling me it's just the cover athlete.

Hey, I can dream though.

# 17 Hova57 @ 03/02/11 03:33 PM
I think tommorrow will be NCAA day we get the info for voting a cover athlete and we will also get a blog

# 18 The GIGGAS @ 03/02/11 03:35 PM
Quote:

You're funny.

I like you.

# 19 EA_Alex_Howell @ 03/02/11 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
You're funny.

I like you.
Wanna see my downstairs mix up?

# 20 Tengo Juego @ 03/02/11 03:47 PM
Via Tulsa World http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...logid=12#10837
Quote:
DeMarco Murray fans, log on to Facebook and warm up your video game console.

Murray, the erstwhile OU running back, is one of four candidates to appear on the cover of next year’s EA Sports NCAA Football ’12.

Former Alabama running back Mark Ingram, ex-Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley and recent Washington quarterback Jake Locker are the others up for the honor.

Voting begins Monday, March 7, and runs through April 4.

Fans can find the EA Sports page on Facebook and then “like” their favorite players’ page. Only one vote per day is allowed, but fans can vote every day and can also post the link or even start a Facebook group to encourage others to vote.

The winner will be announced April 19 on ESPN’s “First Take”.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.