Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

According to Tulsa World, the NCAA Football 12 cover athlete will be selected by Facebook fan voting.

The four candidates to grace the cover of NCAA Football 12 will be Oklahoma running back DeMarco Murray, former Alabama running back Mark Ingram, ex-Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley and recent Washington quarterback Jake Locker.

Voting begins Monday, March 7, and runs through April 4. ESPN’s “First Take” will announce the winner on April 19th.

Who would you like to see on the cover?

Hat tip to The Gaming Tailgate.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 geetarguy @ 03/06/11 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baufan2005
Why wouldn't you include Cam Newton? He was probably one of the best Qb's College Football has ever seen. Won a Heisman, National Title, Maxwell award.
It is ONLY because of the alligations. That's it! Not sure why it is so hard for people to see that. If hes proven guilty later on that can tarnish EA's image just a little bit more. THey chose Tebow last year not JUST because hes one of the best ever, but because he's also a repsected person. Even if Fairley himself is a dirty player all 4 of the contestants are at least repsectable PEOPLE. And while I don't agree with that out look that is just what this has become. I personally want to see Dareus and Cam on the same cover or all of the school logos in the background

# 102 Husker_OS @ 03/06/11 04:57 PM
Mark Ingram has a national title, a Heisman, and a repuation for being a classy individual ON and OFF the field.

My vote goes to him.

# 103 fishepa @ 03/06/11 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker_OS
Mark Ingram has a national title, a Heisman, and a repuation for being a classy individual ON and OFF the field.

My vote goes to him.
Surprising...

# 104 AuburnAlumni @ 03/06/11 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Surprising...
If you can't gain 40 yards rushing against your arch rival in back to back years, you don't deserve a video game cover. Demz da rulez.

# 105 Watson @ 03/06/11 07:35 PM
I voted for Ron Prince

# 106 TrojanMan3 @ 03/06/11 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
If you can't gain 40 yards rushing against your arch rival in back to back years, you don't deserve a video game cover. Demz da rulez.
And when you demand $180,000 to play college football somewhere you dont either. Not to mention one year and not a memorable college career like Ingram had

# 107 geetarguy @ 03/06/11 10:25 PM
Quote:
2009: ingram just got stuffed that game.
2010: pretty solid game actually. Only touched the ball 10 times but for some reason out offensive coordinator was so stuck on passing that game (even with the lead) we weren't really even able to use him that game.

And Ingram didn't have a bad. And AVERAGE one at best. Yes I am just being a homer but it's true.

# 108 baufan2005 @ 03/06/11 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan3
And when you demand $180,000 to play college football somewhere you dont either. Not to mention one year and not a memorable college career like Ingram had
Oh please Ingram ran soft his senior year. He knew he had money coming so he didn't put in any effort. And I like how you have info that apparently not even the NCAA has in that Cam demanded 180,000.

# 109 AuburnAlumni @ 03/06/11 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan3
LMAO

1. Cam, unlike Reggie Bush, hasn't been proven to take a dime from anyone. Rival fans who think otherwise doesn't mean a thing.

2. A Heisman trophy, a National Championship, a Conference Title, Every award known to man won by Cam, and about 100 highlight reel plays. One year or not..that's pretty damn memorable.

# 110 geetarguy @ 03/06/11 11:21 PM
Quote:
LMAO

1. Cam, unlike Reggie Bush, hasn't been proven to take a dime from anyone. Rival fans who think otherwise doesn't mean a thing.
Coming from a bama fan I honestly think Cam's innocent. His dad might have done something but not Cam.

# 111 Watson @ 03/06/11 11:22 PM
But AA, Cam is taking a pay cut to go pro!

# 112 AuburnAlumni @ 03/06/11 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
But AA, Cam is taking a pay cut to go pro!
See above for said response.

Quote:

# 113 Watson @ 03/07/11 12:24 AM
Check your meter.

# 114 CMH @ 03/07/11 08:10 AM
What does any of this off-topic nonsense have to do with voting for the Cover Athlete of NCAA 12?

Bring it back to topic.

# 115 Chrisksaint @ 03/07/11 10:00 AM
I'll mail in my nomination for PP7

# 116 DickDalewood @ 03/07/11 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maizegoblue
For the people who were claiming Scam Newton should be on the cover.
I love irony... cough cough Rich Rodriguez cough cough...

At any rate, it's a COVER. Unbelievable how worked up over this some of you guys get

My vote goes to... whoever the hell EA decides to put on there.

# 117 Cubone_Jones @ 03/07/11 10:53 AM
The people wanted a defensive player... and they give us these? How about Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara? How about Aldon Smith or Von Miller?

# 118 AuburnAlumni @ 03/07/11 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maizegoblue
The point being nobody is denying RR. We wanted him gone. The Auburn fans are ignorant and in denial.
The NCAA has already said 3 separate times there is no evidence of wrongdoing between Auburn and Cam. Yet random Michigan fan on the Internet believes otherwise. So who's being ignorant?

It's a video game cover dude. There are plenty of other threads for you to go off on a Cam hating rampage. Probably should let that go in this one.

On a sidenote... I did make my daily Fairley vote again today.

# 119 CMH @ 03/07/11 12:01 PM
Guys, this is worse than a classroom. Why do I have to repeat myself?

# 120 TrojanMan3 @ 03/07/11 12:48 PM
this isnt about Reggie or Cam. This is about Fairley, Locker, Ingram and Murray. Im past it....IDK about you guys but umm Im expecting a blog today.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.