Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

According to Kevin McGuire of The Examiner, NCAA Football 12 is headed to the PC, for the first time since 1998.

Not seeing anything official at Gamestop or the official website, so we'll take the wait and see approach on this one, but it sure sounds like great news, if it turns out to be true.

Quote:
"NCAA Football '12 will be released on July 8, 2011. It will be available on the Sony PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, and Microsoft Xbox 360. For the first time since the 1998 edition, the game will be made available on the PC as well."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 wrigleyville33 @ 03/05/11 02:23 PM
Wow I would die if they were to come out with ncaa for pc. I would buy it in a heart beat. My gaming machine would blow the ps3 and 360 out of the dust.

# 22 jdr4693 @ 03/05/11 10:23 PM
if this is true than im guessing madden will follow.. would be great to have both back on pc

# 23 Goofybub23 @ 03/06/11 06:30 AM
If this is legit I think I would definitely pick it up but not right away. I would definitely get it for the 360 first and just wait to see what happens as far as a modding community and what sort of following it builds before I shell out more money for the same game.

# 24 ab2c4 @ 03/06/11 09:51 AM
Wow, if it does I would imagine it would be a Games For Windows game? Fully compatible with built in 360 controller support?

I am still like....wow. After my third 360 died in five years I gave up on them so I only have my ps3 and gaming pc (which is a pretty good pc by today's standard) and this is a tough choice between ps3 and pc. As with most games though I go with the pc version because of the better graphics.

# 25 bnb @ 03/06/11 11:34 PM
i'm just going to pretend i didn't read this and go about my life. the inevitable crushing disappointment that is sure to follow this rumor just isn't worth it this year.

# 26 wolverinemaniac @ 03/07/11 11:43 AM
man this would be a dream come true, I would buy 2 PC copies just to support the pc release Please EA let this be true.

Can we get a denial or confirmation from one of you EA guys lurking?

# 27 Matt10 @ 03/07/11 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb
i'm just going to pretend i didn't read this and go about my life. the inevitable crushing disappointment that is sure to follow this rumor just isn't worth it this year.
Agreed. I'm still playing Madden 08 PC - using the "Heisman 11" mod. It is amazing in its own right.

# 28 bry422 @ 03/07/11 01:52 PM
Mixed feeling on this.. assuming the pc version occurs.

I was playing the "upgrade/replace the gaming rig" shell game for ten+ years from about '95 to '07 and got tired of it. It was all fun when I was single.. throwing new GPUs, CPUs, and memory into a pc every year or building a new one, but those days are long gone for me. I decided to go "all in" on console gaming and just forever give up on pc gaming (being married and having kids helped make that decision). And for four years, no issues. Now, I hear this possible news and I don't know what to think. Yes, I'd love the mods and the flexibility that a pc version would offer, yet I hate the idea of building a new gaming rig, and for just one game.

# 29 fistofrage @ 03/07/11 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry422
Mixed feeling on this.. assuming the pc version occurs.

I was playing the "upgrade/replace the gaming rig" shell game for ten+ years from about '95 to '07 and got tired of it. It was all fun when I was single.. throwing new GPUs, CPUs, and memory into a pc every year or building a new one, but those days are long gone for me. I decided to go "all in" on console gaming and just forever give up on pc gaming (being married and having kids helped make that decision). And for four years, no issues. Now, I hear this possible news and I don't know what to think. Yes, I'd love the mods and the flexibility that a pc version would offer, yet I hate the idea of building a new gaming rig, and for just one game.
Honestly they way PC's are right now, if you built a rig for $1500, you shouldn't need to upgrade it for years. I built one just for the Total War Series last year. Worth every penny.

The Mods for a college game could put it over the top, imagine if the little EA annoyances could be fixed.

# 30 guitar4468 @ 03/07/11 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Honestly they way PC's are right now, if you built a rig for $1500, you shouldn't need to upgrade it for years. I built one just for the Total War Series last year. Worth every penny.

The Mods for a college game could put it over the top, imagine if the little EA annoyances could be fixed.
I agree with this. I spend about 1000 to 1500 every 6 or 7 years on a computer. I spend a little more so I do not have to upgrade as much over four or five years other than a video card or ram. I just built one and its the first since 2004. I would like to see what the modding community could do with the pc version since the mod community was not as prevalent back in 98 when the other pc edition came out.

# 31 prowler @ 03/07/11 07:52 PM
To the people debating whether or not they should get new rigs for this game (assuming it's legit), don't bother. Seriously.

Yes the thought of being able to make radical changes to all aspects of the game sounds like a dream come true until you consider EA/Tiburon never really embraced the end-user modding community; at least not with Madden PC. It took the modders over at FF years to figure out workarounds to Madden's framework and put it all together to make something substantial.

If modding is your sole interest in the PC version, you're better off buying the console version and waiting a couple months to see what (if any) advances have been made in modding the game and if they're interesting enough to warrant upgrading your system and purchasing the PC version.

# 32 cha0ss0ldier @ 03/08/11 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianoJJ
I would consider NCAA FB 12 for PC. It all depends on the System Requirements. I am not getting sucked into buying a new video card every year to run games. While next gen systems were hyped for high end graphics we have really only had a couple of years worth of progress in the last five years. The games seem frozen in time. Maybe Microsoft needs gaming to return to the PC in bigger numbers to reverse the trend towards tablets. Between the Apple iPad and all the Android tablets they may see it slipping away. Current PCs might deliver better graphics than a console.
Current PC games already blow away console games in terms of graphics. Compare Crysis, Metro 2033, or Far Cry 2 to console games or their console versions, it's not even close. If consoles were not holding back the progress of graphics so much who knows where we could be right now. The progression has really been slow lately. There are 2-3 year old cards that can still max out new games, good cards are super cheap right now. You can spend $500 bucks and get a pretty powerful gaming rig.

Look at the graphics for the new Battlefield 3 game, they look better than anything I have ever seen before.
http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/scr.ph...=battlefield33
That is a screenshot straight from gameplay footage.

NCAA 12 would be nice on PC if they actually give the community mod tools. If it's as hard to mod as Madden 08 was there is really no point and I'd just stick to 360.

# 33 Bullet Sponge @ 03/09/11 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Agreed. I have a wife and kids and still build my own PCs. Multiple ones in fact networked across the house. The newest one is 2 years old and still plays everything on max settings at a high framerate. There's no way you need to upgrade "every year". Every 3 - 5 years should work, which is not too far out of line with when you'd upgrade your console.

# 34 Double C @ 03/10/11 05:09 AM
That would be awesome... IF it's true.

# 35 RynoAid @ 03/12/11 04:29 PM
I would be careful about believing a guy who probably sourced Wikipedia for his information. His release date matches the date on a Wiki page and it's obviously the wrong date. So i personally would be skeptical just based on that.

# 36 pirates946 @ 03/12/11 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
I would be careful about believing a guy who probably sourced Wikipedia for his information. His release date matches the date on a Wiki page and it's obviously the wrong date. So i personally would be skeptical just based on that.
Why did you have to do that man?

# 37 RynoAid @ 03/13/11 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Contacted him on Twitter and he said he got the info from EA, we shall see
from who at EA?

# 38 RynoAid @ 03/13/11 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
Why did you have to do that man?
because, i don't like to see guys getting their hopes up based on erroneous information.. which, based on what CDJ said earlier in the thread, and my own thoughts... that's exactly what this is, erroneous information.

If the guy got his info from EA... then source it, from who at EA did you get the info? Did EA also tell him the game launches on July 8th? I highly doubt it, so that brings into question EVERYTHING else he "claims"

# 39 RynoAid @ 03/13/11 02:11 PM
dude is already backtracking anyways.... and i quote...

"Yeah, the guy who posted that contacted me on Twitter about it. Hope EA doesn't change their mind and make me look bad."

# 40 hurricanefootball4 @ 03/14/11 02:07 AM
Yeah this doesn't sound promising, saw his response to you on Twitter.

IF he did have a source at EA though he would have to keep his name confidential. I imagine releasing info like that would be grounds for termination.

Still, I'm not overly optimistic about a PC version considering the reliability of the source.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.