Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sydrogerdavid @ 03/07/11 02:58 PM
This mix and match thing would be PERFECT for the '79 Pirates unis.

# 22 Avsfan192 @ 03/07/11 03:11 PM
any reason for them not having the jays away "T" logo cap, pretty sad

# 23 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/07/11 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp22
How do they miss this? The Jays wore the T cap EVERY away game, and with their alts, and they're not even in the game? Do the devs even watch baseball??? That's unacceptable.
No, they don't watch baseball at all. In fact it is actually cyborgs that work on this game, not the phenomenally baseball conscience people that build the best playing and feeling baseball game year in and year out. That is the best in the biz with the little things.

Maybe the hat was not in the style guide, and Toronto used it on their own? Who knows. Be more constructive in a wish-list thread, and it will not go unnoticed. I promise. /wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
they should include those Red, White & Blue logo hats that teams wear on 4th of July and couple other holidays or games around that time. Itd be nice to have those special type hats in the game.
They tried, MLB would not allow it. Possibly "politics" or the sort. Same for the 9/11 hats.

Good ole MLB. Shining examples of moral judgment.

Those wondering about the jerseys that have buttons that should not have them, it is due to them currently only having a button jersey model. They do not have a separate model for the 70s cheap looking buttonless shirts and elastic non belt waist bands.

# 24 markpmitch @ 03/07/11 03:26 PM
hopefully someday, the tribe will get their 80's 'Major League' style throwbacks...

# 25 bp4baseball @ 03/07/11 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
They tried, MLB would not allow it. Possibly "politics" or the sort. Same for the 9/11 hats.

Good ole MLB. Shining examples of moral judgment.
Yeah, it's all those legal rules and regulations that go on behind the scenes that many customers never hear about. Maybe by next year the MLB will change their mind, if not at least we still have an amazing game.

# 26 Dazraz @ 03/07/11 03:28 PM
Great idea. Always have fun with mixing uniforms on Madden.

# 27 myghty @ 03/07/11 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legend88
My goodness, some people. Just be happy that you have a game as good as the show to play. They have the ST T hat which is close enough. Some people need to realize that its a video game and not everything is going to be perfect. It's alright to bring up suggestions on what might be missing that could be included next year, but some people act like spoiled 2 year olds. Relax people and just enjoy the game for what it is.

P.S. Did you notice that they added the red maple leaf to the Jersey's? Instead of complaining, why not take a look at all the little things they did add. The game will never be perfect and there will always be small things that are left out, but every year it gets closer and closer to perfection in every aspect.
Seriously. Calling out the game makers if they've ever seen a game just cause a uniform is not in the game is simply childish. I'm embarrassed for them.

# 28 bxgoods @ 03/07/11 03:40 PM
The reason people are upset is mainly because we get thread on here every year asking the community to give uniform suggestions and for 2 years we haven't seen most of the requests.

Like its been saiid earlier in the thread, I think there wouldn't be any body getting upset if the developers would of said earlier in the year there aren't going to be many uniform changes. Instead of getting our hopes up by asking for community feedback and requests for throwbacks and then coming to find out most of the throwbacks are unchanged for the 3rd year in a row.

# 29 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/07/11 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
The reason people are upset is mainly because we get thread on here every year asking the community to give uniform suggestions and for 2 years we haven't seen most of the requests.

Like its been saiid earlier in the thread, I think there wouldn't be any body getting upset if the developers would of said earlier in the year there aren't going to be many uniform changes. Instead of getting our hopes up by asking for community feedback and requests for throwbacks and then coming to find out most of the throwbacks are unchanged for the 3rd year in a row.
And who is to say those feedback threads are for the following year?

They can be for a process over time. And they have to prioritize their time with this game.

Not to mention they do not have access to unlimited throwbacks or information on them like you would think. I was told by one of the artists that getting proper "legal" information/sources on throwbacks is one of the hardest to get, since most old uniforms are not well cataloged like newer ones.

And sometimes(more often than not) they can't just go off of pictures taken from third party sources.

Legal terms, etc are more strict now than they have ever been. And you can not get away with things in games that have licensing like you could in '05 and before.

It is more complicated than people care to understand ultimately.

# 30 bp4baseball @ 03/07/11 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
And who is to say those feedback threads are for the following year?

They can be for a process over time. And they have to prioritize their time with this game.

Not to mention they do not have access to unlimited throwbacks or information on them like you would think. I wad told by one of the artists that getting proper legal information on throwbacks is one of the hardest to get, since most old uniforms are not well cataloged like newer ones.

And sometimes they can't just go off of pictures taken from third party sources.

It is more complicated than people care to understand ultimately.
Yeah, and they may also be gathering information in those threads so that if they do get legal clearance they know what people want. Just like everything, there is a plan and I don't know what it exactly entials, but I'm sure it's awesome.

# 31 beau21 @ 03/07/11 04:39 PM
There may be a reason for not doing this but I would love to see the year(s) that the uniform was worn listed as opposed to simply "throwback". List "1982-1994 H" under the jersey instead.

Just a small thought.

# 32 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/07/11 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
There may be a reason for not doing this but I would love to see the year(s) that the uniform was worn listed as opposed to simply "throwback". List "1982-1994 H" under the jersey instead.

Just a small thought.
I asked for that while there. Thing is their database does not sort that way, so it is something that would have to be programmed in. So hopefully we can get that.

# 33 EnigmaNemesis @ 03/07/11 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOpinions
this is always a frustrating topic, Im with those who are upset about the Toronto "T" hats still not being in the game. especially with the spring ones being there already. but who knows whose to blame, wether its MLB or SCEA letting SCEA know about it at least puts pressure on them to get it done in the next edition of the game.
When the fella said its unacceptable, hes right it really is, but if SCEA legitimitley cant do anything about it, than theres nothing to do but shrug shoulders i guess... point is easy on the people who get frustrated that there requests are not showing up. Its not as if certain things like this are game changers like the fans wont buy it if a certain hat isnt here or there. Just seems once somoeone expresses frustration theres always the "SCEA Police" to tear them a new one.
There is a difference between being frustrated and providing proper feedback, and being frustrated and calling the devs out asking if they watch any baseball.

Noone is "policing" constructive criticism.

# 34 AtlantaBraves22 @ 03/07/11 04:48 PM
Are they ever gonna add anymore braves throwbacks? I mean theres like 2 on the game, at least add the one hank Aaron wore

# 35 bigwill33 @ 03/07/11 04:50 PM
Glad we have the ability to mix and match, but the options leave a lot to be desired. Growing up a uniform fanatic in all sports it kind of sucks to see so many important, memorable, and historic uniforms missing in a sport that started the throwback wearing trend. When you have to play teams so many times in a season or even a homestand it gets repetitive quickly to see the same things over and over. Being 2011 one would hope we could 10 times the amount of uniform sets than what is currently being offered.

# 36 Doran @ 03/07/11 05:21 PM
Huge thank you to the OS team for posting this. It helped me in getting my table out one day early.

I am kinda pissed that they didn't get the Jays 'T' hat in, but eh. I'm not claiming the devs made an unacceptable mistake because of it.

# 37 WatchTheThrone @ 03/07/11 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
Seriously. Calling out the game makers if they've ever seen a game just cause a uniform is not in the game is simply childish. I'm embarrassed for them.
They make us OS members look bad.

# 38 Russell_SCEA @ 03/07/11 05:32 PM
If the MLB doesn't have rights to a particular throw back uniform we obviously can't put it in the game. All of the missing throwback unis fall under this.

# 39 WatchTheThrone @ 03/07/11 05:33 PM
This is why I'm proud that the Yankees don't change their uniforms AT ALL lol

The fabrics and minor details might change over years but the layout remains the same! Pinstripes and interlocking N Y!

# 40 HokieB @ 03/07/11 05:58 PM
This is a very cool feature!

And the movie "Paul" looks freakin' horrible.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.