Home
Tiger 12 News Post

The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters demo is available now for the Xbox 360.

UPDATE: The PS3 demo will not arrive until tomorrow at 6:00 PM EST.

UPDATE #2: Contrary to what the facebook page states, the demo is now available on the PS3. Enjoy.

Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
"The long awaited Augusta National Golf Club is now available in the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 12: The Masters demo on Xbox® 360 and PlayStation® 3! Approach the tee box of the famous closing hole during the tournament’s final round in your quest to become the Masters champion and don the Green Jacket. In the “Play Now” setting, live that **** moment and have the first opportunity to play Augusta National’s par-4 18th.

See the distinct Masters experience and hear the iconic voice of long-time Masters announcer, Jim Nantz, throughout the demo. Nantz sets the stage as Tiger Woods charges up the leaderboard in chase of his fifth Green Jacket. Take control of Tiger Woods on the final hole and attempt to be crowned Masters champion, while the all-new commentary team of Nantz, and the always entertaining David Feherty, call the action.

In “Road to the Masters” mode, play holes 1-5 at TPC San Antonio Oaks Course - an all-new course to the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise. Complete the five holes in the demo and jumpstart your career in the full retail version* by bypassing the EA SPORTS™ Amateur Tour and proceeding straight to the Nationwide Tour.

The PlayStation 3 version of the demo will support the PlayStation Move controller to fully replicate an authentic golf swing. Looking for an even more immersive golf interaction? The demo can also be played in True View mode – a first-person vantage point that is new to the PlayStation 3 with the Move controller. Additional information about the Masters Tournament, the all-new career mode, Caddie/Course Mastery, new golfers and courses, and a host of other new features are detailed in the demo. Share the demo with friends to earn additional experience points (XP)."

Source - Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Blog

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The MastersReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Videos
Member Comments
# 201 ShivasIrons @ 03/27/11 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
No, you do not need to judge elevation when zoomed because the zoom takes you to a view of the landing area and whether you change clubs when Zoomed or not zoomed, the view will show you the changes in where the landing area will be.

As far as that last statement, it is NOT EA's attitude, it is MINE. An attitude and opinion I am entitled to. The user I was responding to said he prefers TW11 and does NOT like TW12. So what is your point other than to start an unnecessary argument or yet again another unnecessary personal comment? Either stick to the discussion or don't post. We don't need this kind of garbage here.
Hmm, ... I hope you are wrong on that comment about elevation. Or, like Seymour said that would sure be another huge arcade-like feature that would be a real dumbing down of the game, esp on the hardest level. I find it hard to believe that even EA would make elevation not relevant through use of the zoomed aiming. That's a new game feature that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere but here by you. You sure you don't have to move your zoomed landing area beyond the hole to take into account an uphill elevation shot? Typically, the more uphill elevation, the more you have to take into account elevation by moving your zoomed landing area further past the hole? You're sure that no matter the elevation change, you just put your zoomed aimed landing area on the flag?

What we do need here is accurate and objective info, not telling someone to not get the game and "see ya next year."

# 202 Pared @ 03/27/11 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivasIrons
What we do need here is accurate and objective info, not telling someone to not get the game and "see ya next year."
Cut the garbage out. You asked a question, he answered. Drop it. If you don't think his answer is objective, stop asking him questions.

Divot, not everyone is looking for what you're looking for in a game. Please be mindful of that if you're going to answer questions.

# 203 Rules @ 03/27/11 04:15 PM
Well I went on to download TW11 demo and it is no longer available on PSN.

Guess I will pick up a copy if for some reason I find TW12 not challenging enough.

# 204 ChubbyBanana @ 03/27/11 07:36 PM
Quote:
Sorry you don't like TW12. See ya next year....
I know you're trying to help people understand the game, but sometimes comments like this are hard to comprehend and lead to unnecessary replies.

Carry on with impressions.

# 205 DivotMaker @ 03/27/11 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
I know you're trying to help people understand the game, but sometimes comments like this are hard to comprehend and lead to unnecessary replies.

Carry on with impressions.
Fair enough. I will simply stay away from replying to users who don't like the game. Since the user I posted that to had stated he could not stand the game and was sticking with TW11, I did not see the harm, but so be it.

# 206 Rules @ 03/27/11 09:00 PM
Quote:
Fair enough. I will simply stay away from replying to users who don't like the game. Since the user I posted that to had stated he could not stand the game and was sticking with TW11, I did not see the harm, but so be it.
TW11 was crap..........I'm getting TW12

# 207 Triggerfish @ 03/27/11 09:18 PM
Sorry for being old and senile..but after playing the demo more..i can live with it by disabling (the Idiot) but maybe i'm missing something..is there a way i can change clubs without zooming? I want to play without ever zooming..If i can at least do that i can play somewhat realistic. Too zoom out and see where my club will land about is killing me.Lord what did 2K do to the Links License!..ok sorry for that remark. :-)

# 208 DivotMaker @ 03/27/11 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
Sorry for being old and senile..but after playing the demo more..i can live with it by disabling (the Idiot) but maybe i'm missing something..is there a way i can change clubs without zooming? I want to play without ever zooming..If i can at least do that i can play somewhat realistic. Too zoom out and see where my club will land about is killing me.Lord what did 2K do to the Links License!..ok sorry for that remark. :-)
L2 and R2 bumpers for both 360 and PS3.

# 209 Triggerfish @ 03/27/11 09:54 PM
sorry! thanks for the response..but on PS3 demo L2 and R2 do not seem to do anything when setting up for the shot..

# 210 Triggerfish @ 03/27/11 09:59 PM
nevermind..i see what you mean but i have to zoom..i do not want to..i guess there is no way to set the club at address..thanks anyways!

# 211 DivotMaker @ 03/27/11 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
nevermind..i see what you mean but i have to zoom..i do not want to..i guess there is no way to set the club at address..thanks anyways!
You do not have to in the final version.

# 212 Triggerfish @ 03/27/11 10:32 PM
You do not have to in the final version."

Thanks Divot..if i can not use the zoom...and still change clubs..that will do for now and maybe EA patches..who knows..but it will prob mean a purchase for me. Would still love to know what these devs had in mind with the whole Caddy thing ..i really do not think these guys actually golf! I golf and i got no caddy!! Lol!!! It's one thing to Golf professionally and another to golf like some of us do. Also why would they make the caddy that intrusive on the higher levels..keep it on the lower levels for the people that want to guide the ball manually thru the air.They should know the people who play those levels do not want that. But heh..its EA.

# 213 Lieutenant Dan @ 03/28/11 10:27 AM
I'm still on the fence. I played the demo again last night (360, controller) and just can't get over the disconnected feeling I have with 12 versus the immersion of 11. I was a sport and tried some holes with no caddy, but my information seems limited that I have available compared to 11's yardadge markers, carry distance, etc. It's too precise now. So, went back to my caddy and tried to play his way.

It IS challenging, because it's so hard to hit the percentages correctly. But the problem is, I don't feel like I'm thinking or having to figure anything out for myself with this system, so I feel disconnected from the game. Last year's seems so much more rewarding.

This year's is a beautiful game, and with the Masters and the inclusion of some DLC in offline career, that's great. The caddy is an interesting idea as well to help bring in more players and sell more copies. I like the way the green grid looks in 12 too (save for the caddie's Circle of Hope). But man...feel more like a specatator in the demo than a participant I guess.

I find myself wondering if I'd rather get this or stick with 11 and get Homefront or Crysis 2 or Shift 2 tomorrow (along with NASCAR ).

# 214 callmetaternuts @ 03/28/11 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
I'm still on the fence. I played the demo again last night (360, controller) and just can't get over the disconnected feeling I have with 12 versus the immersion of 11. I was a sport and tried some holes with no caddy, but my information seems limited that I have available compared to 11's yardadge markers, carry distance, etc. It's too precise now. So, went back to my caddy and tried to play his way.

It IS challenging, because it's so hard to hit the percentages correctly. But the problem is, I don't feel like I'm thinking or having to figure anything out for myself with this system, so I feel disconnected from the game. Last year's seems so much more rewarding.

This year's is a beautiful game, and with the Masters and the inclusion of some DLC in offline career, that's great. The caddy is an interesting idea as well to help bring in more players and sell more copies. I like the way the green grid looks in 12 too (save for the caddie's Circle of Hope). But man...feel more like a specatator in the demo than a participant I guess.

I find myself wondering if I'd rather get this or stick with 11 and get Homefront or Crysis 2 or Shift 2 tomorrow (along with NASCAR ).
I went back to the demo and tried it on the hardest level (Tournament I think). I disabled the caddy and tried to ignore his selections, which is difficult because they are staring you in the face. Aiming could still be done in zoomed view, just no circle, but you just aim the center of the screen up.

The bad part? No idea how far each club goes. I couldnt find the wind either. Its aggravating to say the least. Of course, they generally pull the right club, but found it aggravating. You just step up with no thought other than left sick back, left stick through. Meh

# 215 pietasterp @ 03/29/11 03:22 AM
Seems more like an exapnsion pack than a new edition of the game...

# 216 DivotMaker @ 03/29/11 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Seems more like an exapnsion pack than a new edition of the game...
The Road to the Masters is far more than any "expansion pack"....unless you have the game though, you wouldn't know this.

# 217 Flightwhite24 @ 03/29/11 06:56 AM
Quote:
The Road to the Masters is far more than any "expansion pack"....unless you have the game though, you wouldn't know this.
Far from an expansion and I don't even own the game yet. Will be picking this up when Gamestop opens at 10am. I did not pre-order so I'm hoping they give me the code for the bonus couse

Since the DLC is listed I guess I will go ahead and pick up the extra 18-20 courses since I feel they are priced fairly. Can't wait!!!

# 218 Stormyhog @ 03/29/11 01:04 PM
I picked up the collectors edition today but I was unable to get my code for the free course as the PS3 ones didn't come in on time. The employee at gamestop said he would call me when they come in. Ridiculous that EA can't supply enough codes especially when I pre-ordered. Oh well at least I got the 5 extra courses to hold me over not really interested in the fantasy ones though to be honest.

# 219 rangerrick012 @ 03/29/11 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I went back to the demo and tried it on the hardest level (Tournament I think). I disabled the caddy and tried to ignore his selections, which is difficult because they are staring you in the face. Aiming could still be done in zoomed view, just no circle, but you just aim the center of the screen up.

The bad part? No idea how far each club goes. I couldnt find the wind either. Its aggravating to say the least. Of course, they generally pull the right club, but found it aggravating. You just step up with no thought other than left sick back, left stick through. Meh
The wind is at the top right hand corner of the screen, unless you were playing w/ it as calm or off, don't know why you couldn't see it.

# 220 pietasterp @ 03/29/11 06:49 PM
Quote:
Well, since this is the demo thread, that's what the comment was based on...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.