Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

According to Community Manager Alain Quinto, the Fight Night Champion patch will not be available for another couple of months.

Quote:
"Dev Team Update March 09th, 2011

Update regarding OWC Boxer Match Up Freeze issues;
- The Dev Team is aware of the issue and is preparing a TU/Patch in hopes to address it.
- The release date of the TU/Patch has NOT yet been solidified but expect it to be sometime in the next couple of months. More information will be released about this in the coming weeks.

Update regarding perfect block and counters
- The Dev is investigating a Tuner Set update that addresses the perfect block counter
- We are reading the the forum feedback regarding this issue and will update the community via this thread with more information."

Update - March 15th

PM from Mike Mahar - he responded to my pm about my suggestions on hit detection:

To: WarSooie
Date: 03/15/2011 11:10:01
Subject: Re:Just a suggestion...
Connection Rate has/will be lowered via the patch/tuner set update.
Exact release announcements are coming soon (next week or so)
Check here for the most up to date information;
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5320789.page

Thanks again for the feedback.

-Mike

Here's the newest posting on the EA forums:

Dev Team Update March 15th, 2011

The Dev Team and Mods will be releasing news of the following ...impending updates...this week;
- DLC Content
- TU/Patch Update
- Tuner Set Update - based on specific forum/community feedback
All three items are being scheduled for launch in the next several weeks
We will release specific details around the content for each of the updates via this thread.
Please stay tuned.

-The Dev Team

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Phobia @ 03/09/11 04:59 PM
Not surprising really. It takes Microsoft alone almost what 3 weeks to certify the patch. Then another 4 to 6 weeks of EA working on fixes, that is creatings fix, testing fix, further testing fix ( LOL Yea right), releasing patch to Microsoft & Sony, then weeks later we get it.

# 2 DaveDQ @ 03/09/11 05:07 PM
I'd rather they get as much as possible fixed before releasing a patch, but some of these things plagued FN4 and were patched there. I don't see how they get back in.

I'm looking forward to tuner updates. I hope those come earlier than two months.

# 3 ralphieboy11 @ 03/09/11 05:52 PM
Ugh. Not promising at all for my standpoint. No mention of getting the sliders working. Everything seems geared toward getting the online experience to be better. People are going to find a way to spam and cheat an online system no matter what they do.

# 4 Ankido @ 03/09/11 06:17 PM
I was thinking about selling my copy because of the slider issue. EA is truly the worse game company this planet has ever seen.

# 5 SteelerSpartan @ 03/09/11 07:15 PM
Quote:
but expect it to be sometime in the next couple of months.

# 6 khaliib @ 03/10/11 12:31 AM
There is this thing called "Rent-First" that so few seem to know about.

For some reason EA Sports Games needing "MAJOR" Patches to fix seems to be the norm nowdays.

I feel sorry for folks that dropped $60 thinking things have changed.

# 7 RUFFNREADY @ 03/10/11 12:36 AM
I just don't get it; how can you bring out a demo almost a month before release; and still ship a game full of bugs? Then tell the community that it will be a few months before they can get a patch out? Oh; and state that they will work on the tuner sets to tweak "whatever" shortly? They used me as a tester for their demo (collected info for online); and i didn't get paid; and now they are slacking off! There should have been a patch ready on release day with all those problems. Sliders being at the head of the pack. EA had two years to work on this game; and it still shipped with bugs... WOW. I feel like i got sucker PUNCHED! don't you?

cheers EA.

# 8 DaveDQ @ 03/10/11 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
I just don't get it; how can you bring out a demo almost a month before release; and still ship a game full of bugs? Then tell the community that it will be a few months before they can get a patch out? Oh; and state that they will work on the tuner sets to tweak "whatever" shortly? They used me as a tester for their demo (collected info for online); and i didn't get paid; and now they are slacking off! There should have been a patch ready on release day with all those problems. Sliders being at the head of the pack. EA had two years to work on this game; and it still shipped with bugs... WOW. I feel like i got sucker PUNCHED! don't you?

cheers EA.
You didn't get paid? Are you serious? I want the game to operate in its fullest potential as any other, but I'm not going to claim EA robbed me of anything or cut me short. We got to play a demo (online) for two weeks. In no way did that represent the full scope of what the game is. It was basic head to head fights. No OWC, no gyms etc. And if you do your history of game demos, we used to have to buy a magazine to get them or maybe count on the local retailer to give them away. Now we get to download them for free and we are complaining about not getting paid. Unreal.

Another thing that is getting silly is the advice to rent first. You can wait a week to purchase the game and read forums here on OS to come to a logical conclusion of the game. Me, I felt I'd enjoy it enough to keep putting a few bucks on it until I paid it off in time for release. And I have no regrets.

That's not to say I don't have issues with some things in the game, but at some point we need to take a step back and hold ourselves accountable first. All these comments like, "I'm not surprised, it's EA...they suck.." tell me some of you should know better. If you can say that, you did the math. You don't like EA. Fine, don't buy the game and be done with it. But for some reason it's as if people are standing in line to gripe.

# 9 johnpreyes @ 03/10/11 09:22 AM
Not surprisingly, the Red Sox fan is also an EA apologist.

# 10 tyreeii @ 03/10/11 09:30 AM
It looks like Dave DQ has what I call "good sense" and is realistic about the world. Everyone has to understand that the days of "complete" videogames being released are over. EA is a leit business and they have dates or deadlines to meet regardless of the end user. People are pushing this product out to save their jobs an dI may have problems with it but I understand their goal and I can choose to support them or not (why I stopped buying NBA Live).

That being said, 5 years ago we did not have patches, we took what they gave us and made the best out of it. For instance, Knockout Kings 2002 was a horrible game but I still played it and there was no patch, Coach K had a fadeaway glitch but I still played it and there was no patch. I made my choice and I lived with it.

do I like having patches...no, I don't but I understand that it is a game and I use it as a tool to have some fun and alleviate stress.

# 11 fistofrage @ 03/10/11 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreeii
It looks like Dave DQ has what I call "good sense" and is realistic about the world. Everyone has to understand that the days of "complete" videogames being released are over. EA is a leit business and they have dates or deadlines to meet regardless of the end user. People are pushing this product out to save their jobs an dI may have problems with it but I understand their goal and I can choose to support them or not (why I stopped buying NBA Live).

That being said, 5 years ago we did not have patches, we took what they gave us and made the best out of it. For instance, Knockout Kings 2002 was a horrible game but I still played it and there was no patch, Coach K had a fadeaway glitch but I still played it and there was no patch. I made my choice and I lived with it.

do I like having patches...no, I don't but I understand that it is a game and I use it as a tool to have some fun and alleviate stress.
I think the point of frustration is that evry single EA title I played over the last year...Madden, NCAA, FNC has been on the verge of greatness, but instead remain mediocre because of a few flaws.

These flaws seem very correctable like working sliders,stamina, and AI punch output for FNC, but the odds of EA delivering are slim to none. Its frustrating, but they are the only game in town so you have to pick your poison.

# 12 SHAKYR @ 03/10/11 09:47 AM
I'm glad I didn't get the game yet. Their are people waiting on my feedback and review but from me watching various forums I'm really upset and thinking about not getting it until it's patched.

# 13 jjsmitty34 @ 03/10/11 09:48 AM
Hmmm, you'd think with the 2 year developement cycle they would have the small things worked out.

Oh well, we are going to get a good boxing game one of these days or months..

# 14 BezO @ 03/10/11 10:46 AM
I'm almost surprised this is an issue after 2 years of development.

# 15 TheShizNo1 @ 03/10/11 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm almost surprised this is an issue after 2 years of development.
I think that's the key, 2 year of development. The other thing is, EA MMA (which I own) has done a good job with stamina, and made it even better after their recent patch. So much so that it stopped hook spammers online and they're crying about it on the EA board.

# 16 fistofrage @ 03/10/11 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I think that's the key, 2 year of development. The other thing is, EA MMA (which I own) has done a good job with stamina, and made it even better after their recent patch. So much so that it stopped hook spammers online and they're crying about it on the EA board.

It would be sweet if we got that type of patch here. Seems odd that if MMA had a winning stamina model it wouldn't be implemented here. But I guess if the Button mashing Rock em Sock em crowd is crying about realistic stamina, maybe their marketing/sales department said give them their cake.....

# 17 DaveDQ @ 03/10/11 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpreyes
Not surprisingly, the Red Sox fan is also an EA apologist.
It's easy to pop in and throw an insult and then leave. How about adding some depth to the conversation? Or is that too much to ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreeii

I don't think video games are ever released with this "finished" expectation we all have. At some point, maybe because of our maturity, we started expecting everything to work in a video game as it does in the sport it represents. You can look across the board, even with the loved titles like The Show and NBA 2K, and you will find flaws. Franchises don't work right, the AI does odd things, online is plagued with glitchers and the list goes on.

There are things in Fight Night I shake my head at. I hate the inclusion of headbutts. I don't like how unrealistic knockdowns look like, but I enjoy it to where it's fun. I just don't let all the negative energy destroy my enjoyment, and I don't consider myself less of a boxing fan because I do.

# 18 khaliib @ 03/10/11 12:05 PM
DaveDQ,
(Another thing that is getting silly is the advice to rent first. You can wait a week to purchase the game and read forums here on OS to come to a logical conclusion of the game. Me, I felt I'd enjoy it enough to keep putting a few bucks on it until I paid it off in time for release. And I have no regrets.

That's not to say I don't have issues with some things in the game)

I would say consumers that have this mantality is why we continually see EA Sports games released with so many issues out-the-box.

I don't know were you live, but Blockbuster here releases a rental within 1-3 days of its release if they're going to carry it. Sometimes the same day, so to bad it's not that way were you are.

Also, since when is it silly to verify the quality of a product before you purchase?
Even more so in this this Financial atmosphere!

Silly is not having enough self control, that waiting a couple of days before buyng a video game is not an option.

"Renting an EA Game first is silly"

# 19 DaveDQ @ 03/10/11 12:10 PM
[quote=khaliib;2042195486]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Another thing that is getting silly is the advice to rent first. You can wait a week to purchase the game and read forums here on OS to come to a logical conclusion of the game. Me, I felt I'd enjoy it enough to keep putting a few bucks on it until I paid it off in time for release. And I have no regrets.

That's not to say I don't have issues with some things in the game...QUOTE]

I would say consumers that have this mantality is why we continually see EA Sports games released with so many issues out-the-box.

I don't know were you live, but Blockbuster here releases a rental within 1-3 days of its release if they're going to carry it. Sometimes the same day, so to bad it's not that way were you are.

Also, since when is it silly to verify the quality of a product before you purchase?
Even more so in this this Financial atmosphere!

Silly is not having enough self control, that waiting a couple of days before buyng a video game is not an option.

"Renting an EA Game first is silly"
Paying on the game 10 bucks at a time for several months is self control. I have no problem with anyone who waits. In fact, that's my point. I'm doing it with MLB 2K11. Waiting makes sense to me because we have reviews, Youtube, OS and various other places to give us an overall impression of the game. I just think the whole concept of "renting first" is highly overrated. you're still spending money when really you can make a good decision on a game with a demo and then places like OS.

# 20 acts238shaun @ 03/10/11 12:14 PM
I just can't get over how this game has many of the same issues as FNR4:

Freezing in legacy when using a CAB

Locking up online and causing some 360's to RROD (I have PS3, but I had FNR4 on 360, mine RROD'd)

Punch spamming with no stamina penalty when online

Add to this the fact people are now losing $$$ from lost XP, they expect us to buy DLC, etc? Why not have Flo from Progressive help them out?

Seriously, this game is better, but it is so crippled at times there is no fun in it. I can't even add CAB's to my legacy offline, I can't compete online because I lost my XP and there aren't any other 78's sitting around to play. I am just very disappointed, that's the only way to put it.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.