Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Jon Robinson, over at ESPN The Gamer, has just posted the first NCAA Football 12 screenshot, along with some additional information on what's to come tomorrow.

Besides the obvious dreads, what else can you spot?

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 da ThRONe @ 03/14/11 05:26 PM
With the new helmets they added the proper chinstrap. I wonder will you be able to can the chinstraps?

# 142 SageInfinite @ 03/14/11 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Hot damn! That picture looks amazing!

It looks very lifelike. Lamar Miller looks like he is breaking Bostic's ankles (sad).

Can't wait to see this sucker in motion.

Dreads!! LOL.
I can't wait to see it in motion as well, but I'm kinda scared to see it in motion at the same time.

# 143 SageInfinite @ 03/14/11 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
People have all sorts of (somewhat) justified issues with this game & Madden. For me, the presentation will tell the story. I can get by with the gameplay, but I need great presentation to complete the package.
I fear this is something EA/Tiburon will never get right.

# 144 Greene_Flash03 @ 03/14/11 05:31 PM
The photo looks good!

- Dreads (not a big deal to me, but nice touch)

- Grass looks awesome!

- Combat unis are sick of course

- New helmets, yes!

Now I was satisfied graphic-wise in '11, I want to see more smooth animations, better frame rate on replays, more pass interference calls, and please take advantage of ESPN broadcast!

# 145 sportzbro @ 03/14/11 05:37 PM
wow. this looks awesome.

the grass, of all things, is incredible.

# 146 jWILL253 @ 03/14/11 05:40 PM
Do the jerseys wrinkle dynamically? I mean look at #55's jersey, then look at #22, then #6. They have different wrinkle patterns...

# 147 MSchneider84 @ 03/14/11 06:21 PM
The screen shot looks great.

Just a couple of comments:

1. The colors still look washed out
2. I hope they get the correct sock colors in for the Nike Pro Combats (Miami Green, Boise St. Blue, ect.)

# 148 mm boost @ 03/14/11 06:26 PM
I pm'ed the man himself...here is the sigh Odogg let out that was heard 'round the world:

Quote:
Dang!! That's AWESOME!!! Thank you for sending me that screenshot as I suspected they might add them in this year but this confirms it. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again!! Can't wait until July..

# 149 Zasnow @ 03/14/11 06:33 PM
Is it me or did they fix the taped wrists on #55? I also notice 3 cleats. The cleat to the far right, RB, and OL. Maybe im just seeing stuff thats not there.

# 150 CYST2000 @ 03/14/11 06:38 PM
I see what could be a huge upgrade towards physics in this screen shot. Look at how the animations are almost perfectly aligned with what is going on in the tackling animation. I smell physics based collision detection, and that would be too d@mn sweeeet!

# 151 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 03/14/11 06:38 PM
Well dread heads got their fix. It is only fair that next us simulation/dynasty gamers get a tidbit of info on how they plan to fix defense or recruiting.

And just so this doesn't sound really condescending.

Congrats to all you dread heads.

# 152 LionsFanNJ @ 03/14/11 07:04 PM
Thank you based god! we have dreads.

Next on the agenda....dual threat qbs and better recruits....and solid team color cleats. Lol. I just
Want to get outta work to really get a good look at the screen.

# 153 Gossennator @ 03/14/11 07:06 PM
Wow this looks awesome..I hope the night games look good too. Another thing that bothered me with 11 was how bad everything looked in overcast weather too.

# 154 LionsFanNJ @ 03/14/11 07:10 PM
Speaking of overcast weather I know madden fixed a bug in franchise weather. So
I'm hoping NCAA gets a fix. There were never plain overcast skies in the game in dynasty. It
Was either sunny rain or snow. Never just cloudy.

# 155 baumy300 @ 03/14/11 07:10 PM
Okay, stop right there. This picture is already all wrong.

Everyone knows that Florida is way too scared to play The U...

# 156 Joborule @ 03/14/11 07:15 PM
Came in here just to say this.

3D grass?

**** YEAH!

Graphics look really sharp. Finally the whole picture is complete since grass looks realistic along with the player models and background. Great stuff.

# 157 J-Unit40 @ 03/14/11 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Okay, stop right there. This picture is already all wrong.

Everyone knows that Florida is way too scared to play The U...
Pffft.

Back on topic. I still can't believe how good that picture looks. All these little things start adding up. I'm already getting jazzed about it all.

# 158 Goofybub23 @ 03/14/11 07:30 PM
I gotta say that has to be one of the most realistic screenshots I have ever seen. They all look so real its insane. I love it! Can't wait to hear a list of features tomorrow!

# 159 maximized98 @ 03/14/11 07:34 PM
They always show those kinds of shots, but the gameplay will look the same as the past years. I don't care about cut scene shots, I care about the main play screen

# 160 blkrptnt819 @ 03/14/11 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
How can dreadlocks mean that much to anyone? I mean, really.

It boggles the mind.

Sure, it's a minor "oh hey, isn't that neat" concept. But truly, it doesn't change the game in any way shape or form. I just don't understand how people get that worked up over it.

It's like "woohoo, blue eyes were added into the game!!!!! ROXXORS!"... I mean, do those blue eyes somehow change the game?
I absolutely agree. If we still have LBs and linemen that jump 10 feet in the air on picks what's the point?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.