Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Jon Robinson, over at ESPN The Gamer, has just posted the first NCAA Football 12 screenshot, along with some additional information on what's to come tomorrow.

Besides the obvious dreads, what else can you spot?

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 legendstatus @ 03/14/11 08:03 PM
It looks like the helmets has some dirt on it...and the uniforms as well. That might be a new juke animation too.

# 162 clayshime @ 03/14/11 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I absolutely agree. If we still have LBs and linemen that jump 10 feet in the air on picks what's the point?
The point is that this is a thread about a screenshot for the new game, a picture of how the game is going to LOOK. There's no need for people to come in here with every complaint they've got, whine in some other thread.

Love this picture, the new game is going to look great!

# 163 miami01 @ 03/14/11 08:06 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed, but it seems as though a Florida player's helmet is off in the bottom right of the screen. It is at a weird angle for a helmet that would be attached to someone's head, so that is why I think it is off.

Anyway, the shot looks fantastic, eventhough Lamar Miller (#6) doesn't have dreads in real life and they haven't updated the shoes. But, those don't bother me too much.

# 164 J-Unit40 @ 03/14/11 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami01
I don't know if this has been discussed, but it seems as though a Florida player's helmet is off in the bottom right of the screen. It is at a weird angle for a helmet that would be attached to someone's head, so that is why I think it is off.

Anyway, the shot looks fantastic, eventhough Lamar Miller (#6) doesn't have dreads in real life and they haven't updated the shoes. But, those don't bother me too much.
The bottom right of the screen looks like a Florida cleat and a Miami player's cleat to me. I don't see a helmet at all. That would be cool if helmets came off again.

Just another one of those "little things". I wouldn't want them popping off like old gen though. That was kind of ridiculous.

# 165 capn_razzamataz @ 03/14/11 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami01
I am certain those are just two peoples' shoes.

Also, I hate to burst peoples' bubbles who are thinking "REAL TIME PHYSICS!!!" but I'm pretty sure that what we're seeing is one of the animations for a ballcarrier branching out of a tackle.

I just took this from a NCAA 11 game: Not exactly the same, but fairly similar.

Of course I absolutely could be wrong (and I hope I am), but there's a little too much optimism in this thread right now so I thought I'd knock it down a bit .

# 166 boritter @ 03/14/11 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
ODogg will finally have his peace.

I bet at least 70% of OSers had the same reaction!

# 167 green94 @ 03/14/11 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
Came in here just to say this.

3D grass?

**** YEAH!

Graphics look really sharp. Finally the whole picture is complete since grass looks realistic along with the player models and background. Great stuff.
I second this... 3d "dynamic grass"??

Count me in!

# 168 blkrptnt819 @ 03/14/11 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
At this point - yes. It's like a beautiful home built on a faulty foundation. The foundation is the game play, dreads are like window dressing in the house.

The quest for graphical excellence is always on-going. Technology assures that. Styles on the field continue this. It's a race you can never win. You can always enhance the graphics and you can never be ahead of the curve.

But a solid engine that actually replicates football is a foundation that can be used generation to generation. It can be designed from scratch to be near perfect and require little maintenance year to year.

Yes, there are a lot of athletes with certain tattoos or don't wear thigh pads. But it isn't reflected in game.

I think it's a cool feature, I do. But 1 month after you buy the game will you really go "Wow! This game plays like a crap, but look at those dreads!" or "Yeah, I haven't had a good game of online football due to cheesers but I still turn it on time to time to look at dreadlocks."

Awwww.... how unique, an internet tough guy.

I agree with you on all the points u presented. Gameplay needs to be there before anything else. I have hope that they are gonna announce their new gaming engine tomorrow.

# 169 Kobefan24 @ 03/14/11 08:33 PM
Are they going to do it for certain players like denard robinson??

# 170 illwill10 @ 03/14/11 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobefan24
Are they going to do it for certain players like denard robinson??
I dont think they can. It will be generated faces with dreads. I think you will have to select the face.
The dreads look like they are brown. I hope they have black dreads. I hope they have more than 5 generated faces with dreads.

# 171 TracerBullet @ 03/14/11 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Okay, stop right there. This picture is already all wrong.

Everyone knows that Florida is way too scared to play The U...
We just need to give you guys a few years to recoup. No need to beat on you when you're down. 2013 should be good.

# 172 SteelerSpartan @ 03/14/11 08:40 PM
Ions Finally!!!

Hope they have a good selection of facemasks though for the new helmets

Last year with the Revo Speeds was weak

And maybe we'll get some proper field degradation for once

# 173 blkrptnt819 @ 03/14/11 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Screenshots of the game are always amazing. If recruting is overhauled big time, this game wont be worth the disc its burned on. College football is all about recruiting, and this game did a very poor job last year, too many power schools signing to many JUCOS, too many 50s overall, and too many players at one position. South Carolina signed Clowney the #1 player this year in real life. It would never happen in the game. Only like 7 or 8 schools get top 100 players in the game. Boise State recruits way to high, they never land 5 stars in real life. NEVER. Smaller and mid level schools can never come up. Every school stays the same overall apart from each other and just get a little worse over time bc of bad progression. Arizona could never have a single 90+ overall on their roster in the future years in dynasty, for example. Bad progression models and the inability to ever recruit a 4 or 5 star player.
They do need to open the recruiting and player development up a bit more. It's a lot of B-, C+ teams the further u get into the dynasty.

# 174 blkrptnt819 @ 03/14/11 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayshime
The point is that this is a thread about a screenshot for the new game, a picture of how the game is going to LOOK. There's no need for people to come in here with every complaint they've got, whine in some other thread.

U should focus on getting a win against the Buckeyes Michigan boy and not the pics. In real life or video games we're gonna whoop that a**. It also looks like there may be physics.

# 175 The U @ 03/14/11 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Please fix player models! They still look awkward

# 176 dan_457 @ 03/14/11 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayshime

Not necessarily, say within this picture there is an indication of physics being a new inclusion to the game(still very unlikely imo) then this has more to do with than just appearances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
U should focus on getting a win against the Buckeyes Michigan boy and not the pics. In real life or video games we're gonna whoop that a**. It also looks like there may be physics.
This is relevant to his post how?

# 177 miami01 @ 03/14/11 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
The bottom right of the screen looks like a Florida cleat and a Miami player's cleat to me. I don't see a helmet at all. That would be cool if helmets came off again.

Just another one of those "little things". I wouldn't want them popping off like old gen though. That was kind of ridiculous.
Haha, I had another look at it and it looks like you're right. Whoops.

# 178 blkrptnt819 @ 03/14/11 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
We just need to give you guys a few years to recoup. No need to beat on you when you're down. 2013 should be good.
Yeah my Bucks are gonna drill them again this year.

# 179 clayshime @ 03/14/11 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Not necessarily, say within this picture there is an indication of physics being a new inclusion to the game(still very unlikely imo) then this has more to do with than just appearances.
You make a good point, I appreciate your rational response

# 180 illwill10 @ 03/14/11 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotax
why the hell does Lamar Miller have dreads
I think you mean HB #6. Since they are generated players faces will be randomize

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.