Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Over the next 5 weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #1 features the Pistol Full House HB Off Tackle.

Quote:
"Pistol Full House HB Off Tackle – The Pistol Full House, aka the Diamond formation, was first unveiled last season by Oklahoma State and was later adopted by other teams across the country. A staple play of the three back pistol set is the HB Off Tackle play.

Do you see yourself running the Pistol Full House HB Off Tackle in NCAA Football 12? Which teams do you think are best equipped to run this play?"

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Palo20 @ 03/14/11 08:52 PM
Glad to see the Diamond Formation made it in. Straight from the "Plays to Add" thread.

# 22 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 03/14/11 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
These are just 25 that we are showing right now. There will be more new plays in the game. I do not have a number to share right now, but rest assured that there will be more than 25 new plays.
Please say that some of them are on special teams!

As it is defense needs the most attention, due to its importance as the direct counter to offense. Then the Special Teams needs work. A good special teams can be the difference between winning and losing the game. Offense doesn't need much focus but rather some fine tuning, compared to the others.

# 23 Three Seed @ 03/14/11 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
Then it would just be called your team playbook like it was in ncaa11.
I might be wrong, but I hope that I'm not. Either way, there is no way that custom playbooks don't make it in this year.
Why would there be no way that custom playbooks don't make it in this year? What makes this year different from every other year we've been asking for them?

# 24 blakty @ 03/14/11 10:57 PM
Diamond Formation

But still, I hope the blocking execution is fixed. No more DB's scraping past TE's like ghost.

Also, "Colt" formation in? (Hawaii playbook)

# 25 Brandwin @ 03/14/11 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
I hope there are also new special teams plays. At least some reverse and fake-reverse returns. ST needs a lot more love than the offense and defense in this series.
That would be nice to see.

# 26 rollinphat @ 03/15/11 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Seed
Why would there be no way that custom playbooks don't make it in this year? What makes this year different from every other year we've been asking for them?
because dreads made it in the game this year.
sorry, but there is ZERO way that DREADS make it in the game over CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS.
i just can't believe that hahahaa

# 27 illwill10 @ 03/15/11 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
because dreads made it in the game this year.
sorry, but there is ZERO way that DREADS make it in the game over CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS.
i just can't believe that hahahaa
It better be in. I am glad dreads made it in. It adds more authenticity.
It is two different design teams that handle audio/graphic and gameplay.
But with them having 120 ways to win/playbook, it would make a ton of sense to have custom playbooks this year

# 28 PVarck31 @ 03/15/11 12:21 AM
I'll say it again, the NCAA guys "get it." Looking forward to what you guys got for us this year.

# 29 jvalverde88 @ 03/15/11 12:28 AM
I'm hopping to see the shuffle pass in the game.

# 30 Bolt957 @ 03/15/11 01:21 AM
My fingers are crossed for Custom Playbooks. Something minor though; seems to be a degraded field in the background.

# 31 boomersooner31 @ 03/15/11 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
I'm hopping to see the shuffle pass in the game.
I'd love to see that too but game physics probably hinders that. The OL and DL is always one big mess of bodies, so no way someone clears a path for the reciever if he catches it. Not to mention the CPU mind reading ability on defense will shut it down 9/10 times.

# 32 splff3000 @ 03/15/11 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH WEBB
New Play. Nickel Normal Cover 6

Attachment 30942
Nice!! I'd like to see a lot more zone coverages with hook zones underneath with a deep coverage over the top. Cover 2 sink is one of my favorites defenses but there is nothing like it in the 4-3 playbook.

# 33 Slaticus @ 03/15/11 10:48 AM
Now that is something nice. When is the last time that we saw new defensive plays,other than random blitzes...

# 34 44drob @ 03/15/11 05:11 PM
Nice Defensive play

# 35 TIGERPRIDE08 @ 03/15/11 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
Woohoo! More plays so that we can have more options that don't work as designed and more ability to cheasers to exploit them.

I like that defense gets 2 plays a week and offense 3. Yeah, it's obvious where the focus of this game is.

I may be in the minority, but I'd rather them reduce the number of plays by 25 and get those 25 plays to function and execute like they should than add a bunch of broken plays. Have the mechanics actually mimic real life. Have the defense and offense react like they should.

I got an idea ... How about EA actually focuses on getting the execution of the plays it already has working properly first?
I agree the defense needs way more work than the offense. But in the end of the day its a video game just hope these new plays are not exploitable

# 36 Cardot @ 03/15/11 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83

I may be in the minority, but I'd rather them reduce the number of plays by 25 and get those 25 plays to function and execute like they should than add a bunch of broken plays. Have the mechanics actually mimic real life. Have the defense and offense react like they should.
I agree 1000%. Not trying to be a buzz kill here, but this is my pet peeve with every video football game I have ever played (and I go back to Atari). Too many plays or routes that are either way too successful or doomed to fail. I would gladly take a reduced playbook if they all worked and had a realistic success rate.

Even with football games I enjoy, the play selection process tends to be one of "Can't call that one, it is money. Oops, this next one is cheese. Now this other play here never works. Here is one that isn't quite money, but tends to work a little too often. Oh, how about this....it is a good one, but I already called that 5X this game....D'oh" etc.

# 37 rudyjuly2 @ 03/16/11 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I agree 1000%. Not trying to be a buzz kill here, but this is my pet peeve with every video football game I have ever played (and I go back to Atari). Too many plays or routes that are either way too successful or doomed to fail. I would gladly take a reduced playbook if they all worked and had a realistic success rate.

Even with football games I enjoy, the play selection process tends to be one of "Can't call that one, it is money. Oops, this next one is cheese. Now this other play here never works. Here is one that isn't quite money, but tends to work a little too often. Oh, how about this....it is a good one, but I already called that 5X this game....D'oh" etc.
This is so true and I think this is a big reason we all call the cpu stupid in EA's football games. As humans we learn which plays work well and which ones suck and we don't call the ones that suck any more. The cpu doesn't learn from this but I wish they did and not just over the course of a single game.

I'd love it if EA added a stat tracker for every play it runs against the human and starts grading the plays - good, average and bad over the life of the game (if you don't like it then just erase it once in awhile or have an option to turn it off). The cpu would learn long term about which plays to avoid much like we do and this can be done on defense too (no more double CB blitz on third down if I keep torching you!). The ability to learn over the life of your game would go a long way to making the cpu feel more like a human instead of the clueless zombie they feel like at times.

# 38 LucianoJJ @ 03/19/11 01:02 PM
When I saw the Diamond formation last season, my first thought was, "I hope it's in NCAA 12." Good to see this screenshot. I wonder how many plays will be run out of it. Will it be a formation like Emory and Henry with very few plays? Will the option work from the Diamond?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.