Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

EA Sports just released the above video, detailing the visual upgrades for NCAA Football 12. Check out some of the new NCAA Football 12 screenshots, right here, along with the very first blog, right here.

NCAA Football 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SageInfinite @ 03/15/11 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5000
So first we're gonna complain about there not being any dreads in the game. Now that they have them, we're gonna complain about long they are?

I love this time of year.
Funny.

# 22 SageInfinite @ 03/15/11 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Attachment 30944
These dont seem to be as long as #6 dreads.
So i dont think they just put long dreads in.
Im glad they're in the game regardless.
Screenshots look nice
Looks like number 6 to me.

# 23 blakty @ 03/15/11 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
What can I say, the game looks awesome. We've come to expect that though, no? It's good to see steady improvement each year. As much as people say visuals don't matter -- they do.
I agree. A game's graphics can tell you how much effort a team put into their work. NCAA's art team does not disappoint again this year.

# 24 michigan21 @ 03/15/11 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Im not hating at all...
No your not. I feel the same way. Dont care about dreads, or how the game looks in still pics. I want to see how the game looks in motion, I need to see the pre, halftime, and postgame shows or lack thereof. I know its the first little info, but not really impressed so far.

# 25 Ziza9Noles94 @ 03/15/11 04:06 PM
Like what I'm seeing.

# 26 SageInfinite @ 03/15/11 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
#6 had different helmet and no gloves
True story. Good eye.

# 27 fsufan4423 @ 03/15/11 04:10 PM
Looks like EA took a hint from the photographic thread from last year and ran with it. I doubt the game will look this amazing full speed.

# 28 TallyBoi7 @ 03/15/11 04:11 PM
This wasn't supposed to be about gameplay ya'll...this was just to highlight the visuals(which looks surprisingly great)...still a lot of time left before we really get to see how the game plays...heck, spring football isn't even here yet...LOL

I wonder how that new grass will look, play and affect players in different weather conditions.

# 29 hurricanefootball4 @ 03/15/11 04:12 PM
Nice to see that they realize they did well with the upgrades in NCAA 11 and want to build on that. They do seem like they listen to the community.

Graphics look great, and I can't wait for more information to come down the pipeline

# 30 kennethxD @ 03/15/11 04:12 PM
Looks good

# 31 DaveDQ @ 03/15/11 04:13 PM
The lighting looks great and the video and pictures accomplish their point. However, there is a core issue this game has to address and that is consecutive hit tackles and proper physics occurring when consecutive hit tackles do occur.

If they can't address this much needed football ingredient then they are really admitting, "We can't do consecutive hit tackles and proper physics but we can make the game look pretty standing still."

Again, that's not to say the video isn't nice to see. It serves its purpose. And I know it's early, but in the big scheme of things, when you factor in how many years now this title has been on current gen consoles, there are other things I'll be looking for than dreads and how they look with the sun shining on them.

# 32 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/15/11 04:15 PM
I am just waiting for actual game play video........Show me some videos of scrambling QBs, dual threat QBs, pocket passers........

And I want to see a video in the rain, snow, hopefully we get some fog games....

Nevertheless I am going to make Denard Robinson look like Denard now with dreads.

I wonder if this will be weekly announcement of new features now or a every other week thing ?

Either way some news is better then no news I say....But I really want to see a rain game though to see how much if all the field degrades during the course of a game.

# 33 Pokes404 @ 03/15/11 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
This wasn't supposed to be about gameplay ya'll...this was just to highlight the visuals(which looks surprisingly great)...still a lot of time left before we really get to see how the game plays...heck, spring football isn't even here yet...LOL

I wonder how that new grass will look, play and affect players in different weather conditions.
I think the main problem is the fact that the game has always looked pretty good, but the gameplay has been average (to say the least). And now we get our first information about NCAA 12 and what is it ... cover athletes, dreads, grass, equipment and lighting. To a lot of people, that's a sign of where EA's priorities lie. Whether that's correct or not, that's how it comes off to a lot of people.

The screen shots do look amazing though. Hopefully, they've got some things just as big planned for the gameplay.

# 34 prowler @ 03/15/11 04:19 PM

# 35 jorge380 @ 03/15/11 04:22 PM
Hey atleast they got the San Diego Sunshine on point.LoL.

# 36 DGuinta1 @ 03/15/11 04:23 PM
Good call on the crowd. Does look better even if blurred for the distance effect. nice! Overall I luved 11 and 12 looks hawt!

# 37 texasfan_95 @ 03/15/11 04:26 PM
Noticed the band in the stands at 1:05 and someone on another site said they noticed people walking up stadium steps.

# 38 da ThRONe @ 03/15/11 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I think the main problem is the fact that the game has always looked pretty good, but the gameplay has been average (to say the least). And now we get our first information about NCAA 12 and what is it ... cover athletes, dreads, grass, equipment and lighting. To a lot of people, that's a sign of where EA's priorities lie. Whether that's correct or not, that's how it comes off to a lot of people.

The screen shots do look amazing though. Hopefully, they've got some things just as big planned for the gameplay.
This is EA marketing strategy. If they gave us all the good stuff now they will have to find a way to get us excited later when it close to release. The order they give info is based on importance to us not importance to them.

# 39 dan_457 @ 03/15/11 04:27 PM
The lighting looks great, along with everything else they've added, but these photo's kind of squash the possibility of a physics addition. I never thought there would be physics in the first place, but some were speculating it as a possibility.

This is a picture of one of the many canned animations seen a billion times in ncaa 11.

As is this one. Really though, the new lighting looks spectacular, as does the grass, and I'm glad they're finally putting in the schutt Ion and Air.

# 40 rolltide282 @ 03/15/11 04:36 PM

I hope they put that speed facemask in i was hoping to see it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.