Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Over the next 5 weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #5 features the Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep.

Quote:
"Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep – Oregon State’s Weak I Normal Fly Sweep has the TE aligned on the line of scrimmage to the split end side of the formation. This creates an unbalanced set to the left with extra blockers for the fly sweep. "

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 scotty1011 @ 03/19/11 06:40 PM
I just want custom playbooks, new plays are nice but whats the point if there are only limited to certain playbooks.

# 22 SonOfEd @ 03/19/11 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1011
I just want custom playbooks, new plays are nice but whats the point if there are only limited to certain playbooks.
100% agree with both points here. Just not enough of these plays in '11 compared to how many teams actually utilized the Fly Sweep and Reverse plays.
As already mentioned, there should also be an option, or seperate play to give it to the HB for the dive, and a play action to compliment. Any team that runs this IRL will have these in their playbook.

# 23 TyghtWork @ 03/22/11 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
good play, crappy formation, unless he is shifting (need some clarification EA). this should be run out of the slot so that the TE is already playside. the mesh point on a jet sweep happens as soon as the ball is snapped, so the TE will never get there, unless EA has messed the timing up, which knowing them they probly have. one more thing- even with the shift, the playside G or T should be pulling and the TE should be playside and blocking down on the end.

This post is 110% right.

# 24 44drob @ 03/22/11 06:55 PM
Thats Nice !!!

# 25 nighttrain32 @ 03/22/11 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
This play looks like it has fail all over it. I can't see that tackle pulling fast enough.
I've played running back in an offense like this and the tight end won't be able to get there. If this was normal I, the fullback might not make it to a block before the receiver tried to turn upfield. My coach would have call this play a cluster fack because its not practical.

I'm not hating but this play has disaster written all over it in real life.

# 26 Solidice @ 03/22/11 07:14 PM
I'm fairly certain that the TE will be lined up on the left side for that play. the blocking line is just there to show where he would normally be at in that formation. At least that is what I get from the description, "TE aligned on the line of scrimmage to the split end side of the formation. This creates an unbalanced set to the left with extra blockers for the fly sweep."

# 27 TDenverFan @ 03/27/11 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Meat
new plays dont matter when the game is broken and basic football fundamentals, momentum, physics, and height and weight are ignored. players dont even know how to block.
Dude... why necro a thread simply to post this? The game isn't broken and it plays perfectly fine.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.