Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 aTTckr @ 03/22/11 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Well, I have to say that so far I was way more way more impressed with what NCAA has shown and they way it was shown. They seem very confident in their game and it shows. To me Madden is much more secretive about their marketing and doesn't come off as confident in their product. That is just me thinking out loud though...
I had the same feeling last year. The madden marketing seems to be very secretive, almost hiding their product from the public.

# 62 Lexicon @ 03/22/11 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobag
i disagree, im not sure what it does, but that is the new lambeau field. you can see the atrium attached to it.
My bad. Different stadium altogether. Never mind the throwback stadiums comment.

# 63 jmurphy31 @ 03/22/11 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Dynamic player ratings.

(And sorry about that.)
Thanks.. No Problem, you had some good stuff on there

# 64 illwill10 @ 03/22/11 10:51 AM
hopefully NCAA 12 has Custom Playbooks and Tendencies.
I want to see Other Player Tendencies

# 65 Hova57 @ 03/22/11 10:51 AM
Well at least we will have a better idea once the ncaa team start to reveal features seeing they most likely will be sharing everything now the way EA Tiburon is setup now.

# 66 CM Hooe @ 03/22/11 10:53 AM
Custom playbooks == I'm buying.

Yes, that's really all it took.

# 67 sportyguyfl31 @ 03/22/11 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Custom playbooks == I'm buying.

Yes, that's really all it took.

If we get them in both titles, I may just wet myself.

# 68 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 03/22/11 10:57 AM
Yea I may have to reacquire my ps3.

# 69 jmurphy31 @ 03/22/11 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I think we will..Why else are they adding only 25 new plays to NCAA this year....

# 70 The GIGGAS @ 03/22/11 10:57 AM
I'll say this. There was more substance to this teaser than I was expecting. From what it showed in the small excerpts, it looked decent. I'll be keeping my eye on Madden this year, instead of writing it off.

# 71 illwill10 @ 03/22/11 10:59 AM
I am not sure about Player Tendencies(because of Player likeness). But NCAA 12 has a high % of having Custom Playbooks

# 72 Hova57 @ 03/22/11 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
do you think they took gameplanning and gameflow out all together or did they fix it. I thought it need just a tweeking for offense and a major readjustment for defense

# 73 TracerBullet @ 03/22/11 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I think we will..Why else are they adding only 25 new plays to NCAA this year....
They said there are actually more than 25 somewhere on this forum. They just chose to show off only 25 for whatever reason.

# 74 iBlievN5 @ 03/22/11 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
they are adding more. just highlighting 25.

# 75 Icarus2k9 @ 03/22/11 11:02 AM
If nothing else, reactions to videos like this prove how the internet and the 24/7 information culture has really made it hard for anything to impress us.

Player tendencies (awesome) and custom playbooks (probably too complicated for me to be honest) are two things people have asked for for a long time, and you can pretty much guarantee within hours people will be fed up with these concepts and wondering what's next, to the point where by August it'll feel like something that has been in forever.

I'm personally geeked by the hot / cold streaks, simply because it might allow all those who complain about potential progression to get their COD-style fix for a better player without EA having to dismantle how players improve, but YMMV
(I'd be annoyed as hell if this video is the full extent of the improvements though).

# 76 Hova57 @ 03/22/11 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I am not sure about Player Tendencies(because of Player likeness). But NCAA 12 has a high % of having Custom Playbooks
I understand that but they just don't get it right when they ship, once its shipped we can do what we want with it. that's why rosters are always so jacked cause they give us the base and knowing we will adjust and fix so why not put it in their

# 77 illwill10 @ 03/22/11 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
do you think they took gameplanning and gameflow out all together or did they fix it. I thought it need just a tweeking for offense and a major readjustment for defense
I dont think so. I saw Gameplan tab on the top of the Custom Playbooks pic

# 78 RGiles36 @ 03/22/11 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Highly doubt they took out GF and Gameplanning. Not sure how much dev time it took last year, but I'm certain they're not going to throw that project away after one year. It was their most marketed feature last year (or one of them).

# 79 illwill10 @ 03/22/11 11:07 AM
Game Plan and GF will be there, Along with Custom Playbooks
It makes sense. After you set up your Playbook, you can set plays to each down.

# 80 LionsFanNJ @ 03/22/11 11:11 AM
Custom playbooks have me excited. I always hated the Lions playbook outside of the specific plays for Megatron because I wanted wildcat plays for the lions. Now I can keep those plays and jack some of those sweet Pats slot screens and stuff and wilcat/team specific plays from other playbooks. Might keep me playing madden longer than a few months this year, especially if the on field play has some tweaks on d....and pass trajectory adjustments

sent from parts unknown

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.