Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 TDKing @ 03/22/11 01:18 PM
How confident are you these new features like Custom Playbooks will be implemented properly ? Will they be available in Online Franchise mode ? Did they finally complete Online Franchise mode or is it still almost an Online Franchise mode ? I'm not very confident.

Sorry Danimal I posted this before I saw your post... you can delete as I violated everything you just said.

# 142 SageInfinite @ 03/22/11 01:23 PM
I just pray Tiburon removes most of the goofy, awkward, and repetitive animations one day.

# 143 mvb34 @ 03/22/11 01:24 PM
I say something crazy here but what if X-Book means we be able to get plays from NCAA 12!!!

# 144 Chrisksaint @ 03/22/11 01:34 PM
Some very positive things that could be in, interested to see how this will effect the Superstar/Franchise mode they said they were gonna fix this year. Kinda on the border about getting it this year(I actually returned a Madden for once, of course I'll pick it up later for $3 just to add the Brees cover to my Saints collection lol), but my interested is certainly there now.

# 145 sportyguyfl31 @ 03/22/11 02:02 PM
What's the ETA on additional info?

I'd imagine sometime around the NFL Draft..whenever it ends up actually being held.

# 146 blklightning @ 03/22/11 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
Ok, different entrance! Wow OMG thats so great. *sarcasm*
Surprise Onsides Kick! Yeaaaaaaaaa!!! *sarcasm*
Playbooks? 0_o

What was up with the 10 sec clip zoomed in on the guys feet? Really? That was just plain stupid!
after seeing the first ncaa screenshot, i'd say it was to show the 3d grass. although, i couldn't tell if it was actually 3d. but from that 4 mm by 7 mm box of the vid, it appears to be 3d. maybe.

# 147 The GIGGAS @ 03/22/11 02:07 PM
My last statement for those jumping to conclusions in this thread:

If you don't think the game is up to your standards, don't buy it. It's a trite turn of phrase, but it is true. Video games live in a free market society. You get a choice on what to put your money on. If a game isn't going to be fun for you, don't buy it.

I'm not defending Madden. I did not buy Madden last year. Jumping to conclusions based on a 24 second video is foolish. At the very least, I would wait for some gameplay footage before I made any kind of decision on whether I think that Madden is a decent game or not.

# 148 blklightning @ 03/22/11 02:08 PM
when it comes to nfl games, we don't get a choice. but i see what you were going for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Welp. They could've teased showing someone getting gang tackled but I guess not. Doubt its in M12...
they still have a few months of dev time. and i'd say something like that would still be in the tuning phase.

# 149 blklightning @ 03/22/11 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
Don't think you've missed anything. Though my reading of the Ray Rice thing is that it is a fire/snowflake graphic to represent that a player is on a hot/cold streak.
i just hope it isn't overpowered. the debut of the spectacular catch rating comes to mind.

# 150 CM Hooe @ 03/22/11 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
when it comes to nfl games, we don't get a choice. but i see what you were going for.
Your choice is between buying a video game that you feel is worth your money or not buying a game that you don't feel is worth your money. If you don't like the game, buy one you enjoy instead.

Seriously, there are a ton of good video games out there. Don't pigeonhole yourself to professional football games if you aren't satisfied with them.

# 151 Michael19jr @ 03/22/11 02:25 PM
Guys the field goal videos just mean new camera angle for field goals.. has nothing to do with blocking them. Why would they make them easier to block? Stupidest idea ever.

# 152 DocHolliday @ 03/22/11 02:30 PM
Crowds looked terrible, players loOked the same, animations looked the same. But we have symbols!

Seeing Walter Payton cannot be good, they are going to go the NBA 2k12 route, but instead of adding alot of substance to gameplay/franchise, they will just pump out mass marketing about being able to play as Old time greats.

Looks like another gimmick year to me.

The only mode I played last year was 3 vs 3 online, which was brutally designed, but was fun when you actually got into a good game. The only way I buy this is if that mode is improved.

# 153 CM Hooe @ 03/22/11 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
What's the ETA on additional info?
There's a different thread in this forum that details when the blogs are being released. First one is due out April 22 and details "X-Books and Gameplay", where I think we can now change "X-Books" to "custom playbooks".

# 154 CM Hooe @ 03/22/11 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Crowds looked terrible, players loOked the same, animations looked the same. But we have symbols!

Seeing Walter Payton cannot be good, they are going to go the NBA 2k12 route, but instead of adding alot of substance to gameplay/franchise, they will just pump out mass marketing about being able to play as Old time greats.

I don't understand how you came to those conclusions and gross oversimplifications based on thirty seconds of low-resolution video. You completely disregard the apparent additions of customizable playbooks and inclusion of player tendency ratings, both of which have the potential to significantly alter how the user plays the game. You also completely misinterpret the inclusion of Walter Payton; he was recently released in a limited time promotion for Madden Ultimate Team, and likely his inclusion in this screenshot is some sort of indicator of progress on that mode.

Bottom line, you're entitled to your opinion, sure, but I don't think yours is a fair one.

And did you honestly expect the game to look radically different?

# 155 DaveDQ @ 03/22/11 02:44 PM
I always think of this when teaser videos are released...

# 156 The GIGGAS @ 03/22/11 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter77733
That's it??? I want the last 34 seconds of my life back. Couldnt see a damn thing and the best thing about the teaser was the music. UGH.
What were you expecting? Seriously... what were you expecting?

# 157 NoTiCe_O @ 03/22/11 02:55 PM
I think the section of the players feet running on the feild is showcasing the grass not foot planting.

If you look closely you can see some blades of grass get torn up and tossed after the players cleats go into it.

Looks like cut grass flying into the air

# 158 Hova57 @ 03/22/11 03:03 PM
That stadium shot was a over stadium view of super bowl it read Packers and Steelers in the endzones. I'm telling you the first field goal was blocked and feel under the uprights

# 159 mavfan21 @ 03/22/11 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday

The only mode I played last year was 3 vs 3 online, which was brutally designed, but was fun when you actually got into a good game. The only way I buy this is if that mode is improved.
Wow, you must have seen a lot more of the video than I could make out.

I really can't tell if it's the best or worst Madden ever yet but apparently some of you guys can.

# 160 Palo20 @ 03/22/11 03:09 PM
I'm really excited about player tendencies being included. Could really change the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.