Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 ryan36 @ 03/22/11 03:13 PM
I saw ball physics!

# 162 phant030 @ 03/22/11 03:15 PM
Walter Payton looked to be a trading card...which probably hints at classic players in MUT.

# 163 LBzrule @ 03/22/11 03:16 PM
I think this is a pretty solid foundation. Now it'll just be how they execute. Just looking at some of the stuff that is in there, I can remember a thread a few years back that talked about player tendencies much like NBA Inside Drive; new player ratings and what not. I remember it all.

# 164 Armor and Sword @ 03/22/11 03:19 PM
I eagerly await August. I will judge it, when I play it.

# 165 jmurphy31 @ 03/22/11 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I'm really excited about player tendencies being included. Could really change the game.
I would love to see mobile quarterbacks take off and run more frequently or certain corners go for picks more often. If its done right it can change franchise mode for the better.

# 166 Bengals28 @ 03/22/11 03:22 PM
Please let the DBs play realistically and please don't let them mirror my recievers and run their routes before them, PLEASE.

# 167 jeremym480 @ 03/22/11 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
My last statement for those jumping to conclusions in this thread:

If you don't think the game is up to your standards, don't buy it. It's a trite turn of phrase, but it is true. Video games live in a free market society. You get a choice on what to put your money on. If a game isn't going to be fun for you, don't buy it.

I'm not defending Madden. I did not buy Madden last year. Jumping to conclusions based on a 24 second video is foolish. At the very least, I would wait for some gameplay footage before I made any kind of decision on whether I think that Madden is a decent game or not.

Church.

# 168 SageInfinite @ 03/22/11 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
That stadium shot was a over stadium view of super bowl it read Packers and Steelers in the endzones. I'm telling you the first field goal was blocked and feel under the uprights
Actually it looked like the refs were signaling the field goal was good.

# 169 SageInfinite @ 03/22/11 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I saw ball physics!
The ball seemed to move differently when it hit the ground after the first field goal.

# 170 bukktown @ 03/22/11 03:40 PM
The pic on the top left looks like it says Team Deatmatch. Its about time Madden got a TDM mode.

# 171 vision @ 03/22/11 03:41 PM
Quote:
My last statement for those jumping to conclusions in this thread:

If you don't think the game is up to your standards, don't buy it. It's a trite turn of phrase, but it is true. Video games live in a free market society. You get a choice on what to put your money on. If a game isn't going to be fun for you, don't buy it.
No offense but that's an easy scapegoat of an answer. I don't buy any games I don't like. But at least there are a few in most genres.. shooters, racing games, baseball. We only have one football game atm, and it's sub par.

Yeah, I won't buy 12 if it's garbage.. but I don't need someone to tell me.

How about this.. Make a better game. Listen and respect the customer. Strive for perfection. I'll actually want to buy this game if they can make it enjoyable.

# 172 roadman @ 03/22/11 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Actually it looked like the refs were signaling the field goal was good.
Maybe they need to go to the replay booth to make sure the ball sailed through the uprights.

Hopefully, they get the call right.

# 173 vision @ 03/22/11 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Well, if the video is truely trying to show off new madden features as teasers here is what I saw. (mind you EA has fooled us all before)

-First, I'm going to guess the stadium lights mean were getting some cool lighting effects(like ncaa 12)

-Then, it looks like some kind of data smack talk chat screen option,

-Then cue the 3d grass, possibly grass thrown from cleats

-With Walter payton, I'm guessing some kind of NFL greats in the game again?

-Maybe a new blimp cam feature,lol. As if the camera was'nt zoomed out enough already..right? Not sure about this one

-Looks like a new kicking meter(or return to previous) and a new onside kick feature..

-Then we see new game entrances

-Then we see new stat tracker sreens, custom playbooks, and also....I believe star player ratings simular to 2k8 on LT?

This is all great, but other then better lighting, player entrances, and 3d grass......almost feels like we got a new hex editor for Madden 11,lol.

I am just waiting for gameplay video. Thats all that matters. Everything else is fluff.

For the record, I am still waiting for custom music, and custom celebrations that was available back in 2005. For me, those are sweet options. Nothing beats getting a TD and hearing "simply the best" (edited to that exact point of the song) play from Tina Turner! That is simply awesome, and a huge upgrade to audio presentation alone. Also, will it be the same broken commentary system this year? Will players still be on ice skates as they skate and pop from one place to the next? Will we ever see custom camera options, or we be forced to use the blimp cam that seams to get farther and farther away every year? Will there ever be multi hit tackling, or will I continue to roll off players that are already engaged in a tackle animation?

these are just some of the questions I think would have led to a much better teaser video. I cant help but feel once again, we got features we didn't want.....and nothing got addressed yet again!
I agree with everything you've stated here. And was trying to say this in the other thread. They could've showed a "teaser" of the important stuff.

But prepare to be lectured that this is a "teaser", and essentially be told to stfu by some of these folks.

# 174 The GIGGAS @ 03/22/11 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
Listen and respect the customer.
For some people, this street doesn't go both ways.

# 175 Dog @ 03/22/11 03:52 PM
If I were to use a gif to describe this thread, it would be

Seriously, though, I thought the teaser was solid. There isn't much you can tell from it, but then again, it is only March. The video did what it was supposed to do.. tease

# 176 vision @ 03/22/11 03:53 PM
Quote:
For some people, this street doesn't go both ways.
I hear you man.

But I mean.. how can you respect a developer that gets sooo many things wrong, and don't seem to actually want to progress? I mean I know that their are trolls in this world that will hate just to hate EA. Just like there are those who live and die Madden. But there is actually a lot of very good constructive criticism from the youtube community. The Sim Standard being a very good place to start.

# 177 Reggie16 @ 03/22/11 03:56 PM
they did exactly what they wanted to do....get us all riled up and get our minds wondering. Hopefully they put out a improvement. these ideas sound great cant wait for more info. will wait til then to make judgement.

# 178 SouthernBrick @ 03/22/11 03:58 PM
That was nice, better than I thought it was going to be. I didn't expect custom playbooks though so that is a plus a definitely something I didn't expect the devs to release so early. Its one of those "back of the box" type features. Haven't had to many nice things to say about madden since 10' but, good job devs good job. Definitely a good a way to start off with releasing this teaser that was worth the watch.

# 179 Joborule @ 03/22/11 03:59 PM
Ian is getting some mad love in the YouTube comments section, haha. People expect the world in a first look trailer c'mon guys!!!

The inception music made chuckle a bit though. Heh.

What I gather from the vid is presentation has defiantly been enhanced. 3D grass, cheerleaders, team entrances, and probably more use of authentic broadcast angles. Good to see.

Custom playbooks finally makes it's return. It would be **** if we could use them online as well.

Huh, who knew such a overused word is censor now, lol.

# 180 The GIGGAS @ 03/22/11 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
But I mean.. how can you respect a developer that gets sooo many things wrong, and don't seem to actually want to progress? I mean I know that their are trolls in this world that will hate just to hate EA. Just like there are those who live and die Madden. But there is actually a lot of very good constructive criticism from the youtube community. The Sim Standard being a very good place to start.
Ian and AJ and all of the other EA developers come here and read the wishlists. They interact with the community. While Ian and his crew isn't perfect, they want to progress. They aren't standing still.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.