Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video click here.

Machinima interviews NCAA Football 12 Producer Ben Haumiller and Art Director Jean Adams about all the improvements that have been made to the presentation. They cover the visuals and all new pylon physics.

Thanks The Gaming Tailgate!

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TracerBullet @ 03/24/11 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Damn even the webcam has bad animations

# 22 Hova57 @ 03/24/11 02:11 PM
hair looks like it has physics added to it too. Each still has the hair in a different position and it looks like its actually moving versus what madden currently have which the dreads or long hair move in all one stick.

# 23 SageInfinite @ 03/24/11 02:17 PM
Since EA is adding "physics" for the visuals, I hope that's a sign physics play a part in the gameplay as well. Weight, momentum, and ball physics are all needed. Would definitely add a bit to the game.

# 24 Vikefan24 @ 03/24/11 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Im pretty sure he wasnt being sarcastic
Christ I hope you're kidding

# 25 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 03/24/11 02:21 PM
FINALLY! we get physics in football.........sorta

# 26 huskeraddict @ 03/24/11 02:26 PM
When I saw the title I was pretty excited because I thought "Pylon Physics" was going to be the new system for player momentum or something . I didn't think it would actually be literal pylon physics. It seems pretty crappy right now because it's pretty much the only major news we've had so far this year.

# 27 TheKasmar @ 03/24/11 02:30 PM
The Ps2 era EA footballs games where really cool with that whole pylon moving thing. Knocking the chain gang over was fun too.

# 28 da ThRONe @ 03/24/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 007
Actually I have a good feeling about the game this year. In just the first week we've seen grass, lighting, physics (probably a tease to other types), dreads, etc....and you know they hold the "good stuff" for later.
Agreed. I'm actually optimistic about 12. If the news we have now is the equivalent of windsocks we're in good shape.

# 29 Facts @ 03/24/11 02:46 PM
Didn't the pylon fly when you hit it in the PS2 days? It's cool that it's back but it's not worth talking about. I guess it's okay for March talk.

# 30 sportzbro @ 03/24/11 03:16 PM
Pylon Physics?

You could knock them over on PS2 version...

# 31 Pokes404 @ 03/24/11 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
Didn't the pylon fly when you hit it in the PS2 days? It's cool that it's back but it's not worth talking about. I guess it's okay for March talk.
Does anyone else think it's weird that it's taken them 6 years to get around to making the pylon tip over when it gets hit? Or that we even have to mention this? Shouldn't that just happen? That'd be like if they had a couple years where the ball didn't spin when you threw a pass ... oh, wait.

The game looks really impressive visually, but man, there had better be collision physics this year (or at least consecutive-hit tackling).

# 32 SageInfinite @ 03/24/11 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Does anyone else think it's weird that it's taken them 6 years to get around to making the pylon tip over when it gets hit? Or that we even have to mention this? Shouldn't that just happen? That'd be like if they had a couple years where the ball didn't spin when you threw a pass ... oh, wait.

The game looks really impressive visually, but man, there had better be collision physics this year (or at least consecutive-hit tackling).
and I totally agree.

# 33 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/24/11 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Since EA is adding "physics" for the visuals, I hope that's a sign physics play a part in the gameplay as well. Weight, momentum, and ball physics are all needed. Would definitely add a bit to the game.
I agree with you on these points. Weight momentum and ball physics should be in the game this year to make it more fun. Them just adding physics just to pylons and not players. This going to make fans mad real quick.

# 34 mr janny @ 03/24/11 03:55 PM
Quote:
and you are? I dont remember talking to you, or you even being involved in the convo
He's the guy who understands sarcasm. I don't think you've met.

# 35 mr janny @ 03/24/11 05:12 PM
Quote:
Maybe you two should get a room eh?
I'd rather discuss the topic of the thread. Tell you what, you just raise your hand when you fall behind and someone will bring you up to speed, ok kiddo?

It's easy to say that EA should be focusing on other parts of the game like recruiting balance and gameplay stuff, but it's still very early in the development process and little immersive touches are important fine at this point, so long as there are some big gameplay/dynasty features still in store. If we hit June and all we've heard about is visual upgrades and pylon physics, then I'll be worried. Until then I choose view it like a baker, letting you taste the frosting while the cake is still in the oven. (FYI, that's a metaphor. I don't really think EA is going to put frosting on the game)

# 36 mr janny @ 03/24/11 05:39 PM
Quote:
^^funny. truce. No need in arguing over the internet. I dont see a need to insult.

Is it possible that they built a real time physics in less than a year. And if they have, how would it play, its a new engine right? idk. Im not a gaming/computer programmer like half the people on this website.
truce. agreed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but real time physics would require a new engine, would it not? If that's the case, then I would speculate that we won't see it until next gen.

# 37 PVarck31 @ 03/24/11 06:03 PM
I seriously doubt we will see RTP in either NCAA or Madden this year. I am thinking we may see something close to what NHL did for 11. That was not RTP, but something similar, more like an animation modification.

This would be a huge boon for these games this year. Even if its only the slightest effect of gameplay. I would be happy with seeing an animation where a DE gets up field and the and tackle gets pushed in different direction contingent to where their momentum is going. Not just the same animation playing over and over as long as they are engaged.

# 38 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 03/24/11 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr janny
It's easy to say that EA should be focusing on other parts of the game like recruiting balance and gameplay stuff, but it's still very early in the development process and little immersive touches are important fine at this point, so long as there are some big gameplay/dynasty features still in store. If we hit June and all we've heard about is visual upgrades and pylon physics, then I'll be worried. Until then I choose view it like a baker, letting you taste the frosting while the cake is still in the oven. (FYI, that's a metaphor. I don't really think EA is going to put frosting on the game)
I honestly would disagree with the bold part of your post. This game is 3 months and change away from release. (basing off last years release of mid-July.)

Right now I would say they are at the later stages of development. If you see those graphics, those are not alpha or even beta stage graphics. Not to mention that what they are planning to do as far as design is set in stone and could be released anytime they choose.

Simply put this is EA's marketing strategy, show off some pretty still shots, make a trailer video with no actual gameplay, and get sales because of the asthetic appearence of the game. I understand the art team and AI programmers are seperate but I would assume they syncronize a bit.

In my personal opinion, I would be relativly surprised if the game saw any of the major overhauls it needs to better represent the game of college football, as well as create an immersive, deep and fun dynasty mode.

Simple = Boring. (Simple as in plain or lacking depth, not as in lacking complication.)

# 39 SageInfinite @ 03/24/11 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I seriously doubt we will see RTP in either NCAA or Madden this year. I am thinking we may see something close to what NHL did for 11. That was not RTP, but something similar, more like an animation modification.

This would be a huge boon for these games this year. Even if its only the slightest effect of gameplay. I would be happy with seeing an animation where a DE gets up field and the and tackle gets pushed in different direction contingent to where their momentum is going. Not just the same animation playing over and over as long as they are engaged.
This would be more than acceptable at this stage.

# 40 mr janny @ 03/24/11 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I honestly would disagree with the bold part of your post. This game is 3 months and change away from release. (basing off last years release of mid-July.)

Right now I would say they are at the later stages of development. If you see those graphics, those are not alpha or even beta stage graphics. Not to mention that what they are planning to do as far as design is set in stone and could be released anytime they choose.

Simply put this is EA's marketing strategy, show off some pretty still shots, make a trailer video with no actual gameplay, and get sales because of the asthetic appearence of the game. I understand the art team and AI programmers are seperate but I would assume they syncronize a bit.

In my personal opinion, I would be relativly surprised if the game saw any of the major overhauls it needs to better represent the game of college football, as well as create an immersive, deep and fun dynasty mode.

Simple = Boring. (Simple as in plain or lacking depth, not as in lacking complication.)
sorry, I mistyped. I should have said early in the release process. You're correct, they've been developing for quite a while, now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.