Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

I received the game this morning at 9 AM. Please keep in mind, I have only raced 4 times so far and practiced at another.

I am going to answer as many questions as I can that have already been asked, then will keep posting impressions and answer as many questions as I can. I have my PS3 in my office hooked up to the same monitor as my PC, so I have to switch over, so If I don't immediately respond to something, it's because I am on the PS3.

On to the questions, from the other topic.

I wanna know how are the Graphics compared to NASCAR 09? I really can't get a good grasp from the videos. Thanks.

IMO the graphics are a bit better than NASCAR 09. NASCAR 09 was a nice looking game, but I think NTG11 does a better job here. There is a very natural, organic look to it, almost like MLB The Show has. The color palate is there, but it's not too crisp, or overdone.

The car models are nicely executed, and tracks look beautiful.

1. I think we are all wondering about the difficulty of the game and if what we saw in the videos was on some easier level. Is the game more realistic than what the videos may have lead us to believe?

2. Is there a true career mode, or is it just a season, and how does that work?

3. Do you get the sense that you are at 30+ different tracks, or does it feel like most of the tracks run about the same?

1. I set the difficulty for the AI on the highest at Tally, Daytona, and Texas. They were very competitive at Tally and Daytona, and Texas were just better than me....flat out! What I really like so far about the AI, is that they are aggressive, but not cheap. They understand that you are also on the track, and try to be cautious of their surroundings. They did bump draft with me at Tally and Daytona, and I could do the same with them...and there was no sign of them being disturbed by it.

2. Have not jumped into career mode as of yet, but will give it a run as the day progresses.

3. There was a nice difference in the feel from Atlanta, Texas, Daytona and Tally. They didn't feel that same at all, and based off early impressions, they did a nice job trying to individualize and realistically replicate each track.

Pre-race presentation-Is there a full pace lap with the driver/grid position rundown like EA did a few years back? Very tv-style touch that was very nice. Also, any featured drivers pre-race?

Wreck/caution-how long is it between the wreck, caution and going into the pace lap? Time enough to 'go thru' the wreck if it happened up in front and you're in the back of the pack, or just 'there's a wreck' and then two seconds later in the caution lap?

Keep in mind, I have not done season or career, but in "race now" option, there was no pre-race or any presentation. It literally took you to the race about 100 yards away from the start finish line.

In regards to wrecking, you get to watch the whole wreck. It doesn't take you away to a cut scene instantly. I was in one at Tally, and it seemed like it lasted 20 seconds, and I was in one at Texas, and it only lasted about 10 seconds. Then it gives you the option to pit under caution...if you choose no, it takes to a few seconds before the green flag drops again.

I am very curious about the realism of the track surface. For example, Are there bumps in on the lowside of turns 1 and 2 at Las Vegas? Do the bumps upset the car and make you create a setup that can handle those bumps?

That leads to my other question. How much does messing with the setup actually change the feel of the car? When the track rubbers up, does the car get tighter?

From what I have seen, the bumps feel like they are barely noticeable. I felt a little bit at Daytona in turns 3 going into 4(keep in mind its still Daytona 10 on my copy) but nothing that really forced me to white knuckle the wheel at all. When an AI car gets into you, you notice that a lot more than any bumps on the track surface. If you're hoping to really feel the surface bumps and have it effect the car....probably not going to be real happy.

I will say the the driving model is really well done though, and you truly feel connected to the track surface.

Ok, going to go test some more, and try to get some photos, but videos may be very difficult. I am trying to find a way to do it right now. I will be back in a few to answer some more questions and give some solid impressions.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 kretiztik @ 03/24/11 05:42 PM
1. in career mode is there multiple seasons? ( I know it's already been asked )
2. does it progress or is every season 2010?
3. can you simulate races? ( this would help you to answer questions one and two )
Thanks!

# 62 Ænima @ 03/24/11 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Tre
i read on the NTG forums that the career mode has unlimited seasons. it goes as far as you want it to

Now, if only a NASCAR career mode would make an effort to accurately replicate rising talents, declining stars, retirements and the silly season. I'm guessing this first effort doesn't do that.

Just being able to play a career (in a universe of ageless racers, admittedly) is welcome for me. I'm used to NR2k3.

# 63 bluengold34_OS @ 03/24/11 05:45 PM
Ok...I People had real concerns about the AI taking different lines, fighting for position...here is your evidence.

Please not that the damage is there, and well done. Its just nearly as noticeable during the actual wreck in real time.
different view!!

# 64 Ænima @ 03/24/11 05:48 PM
I'm finally, finally, FINALLY going to get to play a racing game where the AI truly fights for position, makes mistakes and competes with me.

FINALLY.

# 65 TOYOTA-RAClN-9l @ 03/24/11 05:48 PM
I have a question. How was does the two-car draft work at Tally and Daytona? Or does it?

# 66 Ænima @ 03/24/11 05:49 PM
By the way, what in the world is wrong with the front of KB18's car there? Is that a screenshot glitch causing the front bodywork to not show up?

Otherwise, the splitter is being held on by the Dark Side of the force. I expect nothing less from Busch.

# 67 bluengold34_OS @ 03/24/11 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Have you seen or had a flat tire and if so, did the car handle poorly? Any serious vibrations using the wheel?
Even though your suppose to be on ignore, I shall answer the question anyway. I'm not sure if it was a flat, but it sure in the heck felt like one. I couldn't even hold a line or turn. If it wasn't for the caution, there was no way I could have made it back to pit road...very well done. The force feedback in the wheel was very strong, and a hard to control, as it kept kicking back and forth

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_serz88
You haven't bailed cuz of the whole caddie system thing, huh?

Also, it's a good thing the cars do become damaged after the wrecks when the race restarts cuz uhhhhhh remember- no dnfs! I was wondering how that was gonna work if they sustained little to no damage.
Put your DNF worries away, they may not be officially in the game, but the car gets so badly damaged, it makes no sense to keep racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
So to clarify, you don't see the damage as it's occurring, but you do see the body damage afterwards, such as during the replay and when gameplay resumes, correct? If so, I can live with that for now.

Also, any insight on AI pit strategy?
You see it a litte Flame, but mearly as much as when the race resumes bro. When the flag drops green again, you can really see the damage not only on your car, but on the AI cars who were involved also.

I have not run long enough races to take into account pit strategy yet, but I did see cars that took only 2 ties, and some that took 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kretiztik
1. in career mode is there multiple seasons? ( I know it's already been asked )
2. does it progress or is every season 2010?
3. can you simulate races? ( this would help you to answer questions one and two )
Thanks!
1. Still not sure, but I have read on here and over at the official site, it keeps going as long as you want it to....we try to check tonight or tommorrow. If I can't simulate any races...might be tough to find out.

2. Not sure about yearly progression either...sorry bro

3. Not sure if you can simulate races, I don't remember seeing an option to do so, with my limited time in this mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænima
I'm finally, finally, FINALLY going to get to play a racing game where the AI truly fights for position, makes mistakes and competes with me.

FINALLY.
Yep.....its really nice to have that. I can't begin to tell you how much fun it is to race in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA-RAClN-9l
I have a question. How was does the two-car draft work at Tally and Daytona? Or does it?
Well.....I will not say that it's absolutely in there...But I noticed that in my Daytona race...I saw 3-4 two-tandem packs, and thought how cool that was. It might have been just a coincidence though, as there was also large pack racing.

# 68 Rules @ 03/24/11 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Ok...I People had real concerns about the AI taking different lines, fighting for position...here is your evidence.

Please not that the damage is there, and well done. Its just nearly as noticeable during the actual wreck in real time.
different view!!
Nice floating splitter is that legal? I think Nascar needs to inspect Kyle's car. I see some suspensions and point deductions coming.

# 69 FSU Judge @ 03/24/11 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_serz88
You haven't bailed cuz of the whole caddie system thing, huh?
i didn't mind the caddie in the TW demo. i thought demo played good and having augusta will make up for any shortcomings IMO

# 70 Rules @ 03/24/11 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Even though your suppose to be on ignore, I shall answer the question anyway. I'm not sure if it was a flat, but it sure in the heck felt like one. I couldn't even hold a line or turn. If it wasn't for the caution, there was no way I could have made it back to pit road...very well done. The force feedback in the wheel was very strong, and a hard to control, as it kept kicking back and forth

It's all good, you took Jeff's car the opposite way on the track which is much better than hitting a wall.

# 71 TOYOTA-RAClN-9l @ 03/24/11 06:05 PM
sweet, thanks for answering everyones questions. You are playing on PS3 correct? These photos who've posted are from ps3?

# 72 FSU Judge @ 03/24/11 06:06 PM
Quote:
Nice floating splitter is that legal? I think Nascar needs to inspect Kyle's car. I see some suspensions and point deductions coming.
that problem will solved when patch comes with new 2011 nose without that awful splitter (which i am glad is gone along with the wing in real life)

# 73 bluengold34_OS @ 03/24/11 06:10 PM
Quote:
It's all good, you took Jeff's car the opposite way on the track which is much better than hitting a wall.
Fair enough....I do what I can.

Quote:
sweet, thanks for answering everyones questions. You are playing on PS3 correct? These photos who've posted are from ps3?
Yep, playing on the PS3....I will not have the 360 version until Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Judge
that problem will solved when patch comes with new 2011 nose without that awful splitter (which i am glad is gone along with the wing in real life)
yep...happy as hell when we can race the 2011 models.

# 74 Rules @ 03/24/11 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Judge
I agree. Devs said it will be a few months but that is fine as I wanted to race 2010 first anyways.

# 75 HendrickRules @ 03/24/11 06:14 PM
From Page 7 :

How about the Spotter? Does he accurately tell you if you got cars around or if you´re running 2,3 or even 4 wide.
I´m rather worried about this point as the video footages that we´ve seen indeed included a spotter voice but he almost never told you anything about that.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

~HendrickRules

# 76 Hibs06 @ 03/24/11 06:15 PM
Blue:

Someone on the NASCAR 2011 site has said the following:

here is Richard's quote straight from Facebook

"i think its fine, reviewers often get earlier versions than the ones you see in the shops"

straight from Richard Towler himself

Is this guy full of it, or is there a chance you have an earlier build? Could you please confirm as this potentially could explain the damage.

# 77 TOYOTA-RAClN-9l @ 03/24/11 06:16 PM
does using assists slow you down any when compared to not using them at all?

# 78 jhamlin1971 @ 03/24/11 06:23 PM
Thanks for your great and thorough impressions! You have renewed my faith that this game might be great after all. Still wish they added a few more pre-race ceremony stuff. Dont understand why they couldnt add "Gentlemen, start your engines" in there, and let the player drive the 1st parade lap. Think that gets a player pumped for the race, kinda like Nascar Racing 2003 did.

I didnt see this posted yet, but are you at least able to drive the caution laps or is it computer controlled?

# 79 TOYOTA-RAClN-9l @ 03/24/11 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamlin1971
Thanks for your great and thorough impressions! You have renewed my faith that this game might be great after all. Still wish they added a few more pre-race ceremony stuff. Dont understand why they couldnt add "Gentlemen, start your engines" in there, and let the player drive the 1st parade lap. Think that gets a player pumped for the race, kinda like Nascar Racing 2003 did.

I didnt see this posted yet, but are you at least able to drive the caution laps or is it computer controlled?
computer controlled

# 80 jhamlin1971 @ 03/24/11 06:27 PM
Quote:
computer controlled
Crap! lol, thanks for the response...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.