Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

I received the game this morning at 9 AM. Please keep in mind, I have only raced 4 times so far and practiced at another.

I am going to answer as many questions as I can that have already been asked, then will keep posting impressions and answer as many questions as I can. I have my PS3 in my office hooked up to the same monitor as my PC, so I have to switch over, so If I don't immediately respond to something, it's because I am on the PS3.

On to the questions, from the other topic.

I wanna know how are the Graphics compared to NASCAR 09? I really can't get a good grasp from the videos. Thanks.

IMO the graphics are a bit better than NASCAR 09. NASCAR 09 was a nice looking game, but I think NTG11 does a better job here. There is a very natural, organic look to it, almost like MLB The Show has. The color palate is there, but it's not too crisp, or overdone.

The car models are nicely executed, and tracks look beautiful.

1. I think we are all wondering about the difficulty of the game and if what we saw in the videos was on some easier level. Is the game more realistic than what the videos may have lead us to believe?

2. Is there a true career mode, or is it just a season, and how does that work?

3. Do you get the sense that you are at 30+ different tracks, or does it feel like most of the tracks run about the same?

1. I set the difficulty for the AI on the highest at Tally, Daytona, and Texas. They were very competitive at Tally and Daytona, and Texas were just better than me....flat out! What I really like so far about the AI, is that they are aggressive, but not cheap. They understand that you are also on the track, and try to be cautious of their surroundings. They did bump draft with me at Tally and Daytona, and I could do the same with them...and there was no sign of them being disturbed by it.

2. Have not jumped into career mode as of yet, but will give it a run as the day progresses.

3. There was a nice difference in the feel from Atlanta, Texas, Daytona and Tally. They didn't feel that same at all, and based off early impressions, they did a nice job trying to individualize and realistically replicate each track.

Pre-race presentation-Is there a full pace lap with the driver/grid position rundown like EA did a few years back? Very tv-style touch that was very nice. Also, any featured drivers pre-race?

Wreck/caution-how long is it between the wreck, caution and going into the pace lap? Time enough to 'go thru' the wreck if it happened up in front and you're in the back of the pack, or just 'there's a wreck' and then two seconds later in the caution lap?

Keep in mind, I have not done season or career, but in "race now" option, there was no pre-race or any presentation. It literally took you to the race about 100 yards away from the start finish line.

In regards to wrecking, you get to watch the whole wreck. It doesn't take you away to a cut scene instantly. I was in one at Tally, and it seemed like it lasted 20 seconds, and I was in one at Texas, and it only lasted about 10 seconds. Then it gives you the option to pit under caution...if you choose no, it takes to a few seconds before the green flag drops again.

I am very curious about the realism of the track surface. For example, Are there bumps in on the lowside of turns 1 and 2 at Las Vegas? Do the bumps upset the car and make you create a setup that can handle those bumps?

That leads to my other question. How much does messing with the setup actually change the feel of the car? When the track rubbers up, does the car get tighter?

From what I have seen, the bumps feel like they are barely noticeable. I felt a little bit at Daytona in turns 3 going into 4(keep in mind its still Daytona 10 on my copy) but nothing that really forced me to white knuckle the wheel at all. When an AI car gets into you, you notice that a lot more than any bumps on the track surface. If you're hoping to really feel the surface bumps and have it effect the car....probably not going to be real happy.

I will say the the driving model is really well done though, and you truly feel connected to the track surface.

Ok, going to go test some more, and try to get some photos, but videos may be very difficult. I am trying to find a way to do it right now. I will be back in a few to answer some more questions and give some solid impressions.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 841 i c u cant stop me @ 03/28/11 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsly9
Yup, I believe the sponsor in the grass does change according to the race
thanks for the answer

# 842 SSWood10 @ 03/28/11 08:45 PM
I hope that Watkins Glen video was on a really easy difficulty. That was some terrible driving to be driving and crashing to the front like that. Why are the cars running in packs like that there. I've been going since 1991 and the cars get spread out pretty fast there and nothing like that video showed.
I hope things get better after patch since that was terrible imo.

# 843 Senor Nascar @ 03/28/11 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmac24
Thanks for the response, looks like I'll just have to find out tomorrow!

Another quick question about paint schemes, not sure how much create a car you've done, do you know if our create a car can have multiple paint schemes for career or quick race? Thanks again man!
Yes you can have multiple designs for your create a car both in career and for quick race.

# 844 i c u cant stop me @ 03/28/11 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSWood10
I hope that Watkins Glen video was on a really easy difficulty. That was some terrible driving to be driving and crashing to the front like that. Why are the cars running in packs like that there. I've been going since 1991 and the cars get spread out pretty fast there and nothing like that video showed.
I hope things get better after patch since that was terrible imo.
i think somewhere in the youtube comments that he said he plays on medium difficulity.

# 845 mashookaloo123 @ 03/28/11 08:57 PM
is there a way in create a car you can make a car, save it, then load back the same car and change the colors of it and resave it as a different file so you have to of the same car but each a different color (like a primary and secondary paint scheme) if that makes sence

# 846 chapmac24 @ 03/28/11 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Nascar
Yes you can have multiple designs for your create a car both in career and for quick race.
Thanks! See you on the track!

# 847 Senor Nascar @ 03/28/11 09:00 PM
This list was posted on the Nascar forums:

NASCAR The Game 2011 Supported Controllers and Wheels

Please find below a list of all supported Controllers and Steering Wheels for NASCAR The Game 2011

PS3

Control Pads
Official Sony PS3 Controller

Steering Wheels
Logitech G25
Logitech G27
Logitech Drivingforce GT

Xbox 360

Control Pads
Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller

Steering Wheels
Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Wheel
Logitech 360 Driving Race FX
Mad Catz Xbox 360 MC2

Other Controllers & Wheels may also work but with reduced functionality on special features.

We are looking to add support for other wheels at a later date.

This could be the reason my Porsche Fanatec wheel was not working correctly.

# 848 Senor Nascar @ 03/28/11 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashookaloo123
is there a way in create a car you can make a car, save it, then load back the same car and change the colors of it and resave it as a different file so you have to of the same car but each a different color (like a primary and secondary paint scheme) if that makes sence
Yes you can.

# 849 mason3132 @ 03/28/11 09:19 PM
The online quick races are very frustrating right now no one can drive and it doesnt keep up with whos is actually winning.

# 850 8iron @ 03/28/11 09:23 PM
Amazon just confirmed my pre-order delivery! I'm pumped. Kind of glad the delivery isnt guaranteed until 3PM so I won't be tempted to bag out of work.

Tough release day tomorrow, I could easily have dropped $180 but I chose to go with NTG as my preorder and get my money's worth out of that and check out TW and WWE later.

# 851 mashookaloo123 @ 03/28/11 09:26 PM
http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads/...roblems-So-Far

omg. is all this stuff fixed in the patch? plzzzz be or else

# 852 i c u cant stop me @ 03/28/11 09:31 PM
DAM this is really not good... this came from the offical game fourm...

Online Problems So Far
  1. When people pit online under the yellow you can't tell because their cars are still riding around under yellow on your screen.
  2. Damage online is even lamer than the damage offline
  3. Crashes online with other cars often result in my car coming to an abrupt stop for no reason.
  4. Online restarts are messed up, cars are often seperated my multiple car lenghts when the green flag waves.
  5. Online had No car collisons at watkins glen without any reasoning or notice
  6. Online registered 1st and 2nd place both as 2nd place in one race I was in.
  7. Online pit stops are really lame and take any pit strategy out of the race.
  8. Career Driver is the ONLY car you can race online. You have to restart your career to change your online car.
  9. When you create a private match you only have 60 seconds to invite your friends before the race starts automatically.(THIS IS REALLY BAD NEWS FOR LEAGUES)
  10. Race length options are not very good. 2% 5% 10% 50% 100%.(added for hitstickmaster2)
Obviously some of this will be tweaked or fixed with the patch, but the online pit stops are flat out horrible. You stop in your stall and the pit options pop up, as soon as you confirm what you want your car just drives away. No pit stop animation, it doesnt even make you wait there while a invisible crew works on your car. It just lets you drive away completing the pit stop INSTANTLY.
man iam only going to play the game online but if this is the case ill stick with iracing.

# 853 fool @ 03/28/11 09:34 PM
My Live subscription just ended. I don't really enjoy playing online. Is there a way I can get the patch by plugging my internet cord into the 360 WITHOUT having Live? How important is the patch for the game? I am on the fence about picking it up, but if it needs the patch badly and I can't get it due to no Live, I may be SOL.

# 854 i c u cant stop me @ 03/28/11 09:40 PM
ill still be getting it also just for fun. but ill stick to iracing for serious racing. cant wait to see you guys online

# 855 Kingsly9 @ 03/28/11 09:42 PM
Those are big problems. Making me a bit worried about tomorrow! Mind you I am still going to egt the game

# 856 mashookaloo123 @ 03/28/11 09:49 PM
Yeah ik!!!!! i am a big online player and this reallyyyyy needs to be fixed and NOW. blue? senor? anyone who has the patch plz try online and see if it works

# 857 nascarthegame @ 03/28/11 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Nascar
This list was posted on the Nascar forums:

NASCAR The Game 2011 Supported Controllers and Wheels
Please find below a list of all supported Controllers and Steering Wheels for NASCAR The Game 2011

PS3

Control Pads
Official Sony PS3 Controller

Steering Wheels
Logitech G25
Logitech G27
Logitech Drivingforce GT

Xbox 360

Control Pads
Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller

Steering Wheels
Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Wheel
Logitech 360 Driving Race FX
Mad Catz Xbox 360 MC2

Other Controllers & Wheels may also work but with reduced functionality on special features.

We are looking to add support for other wheels at a later date.

This could be the reason my Porsche Fanatec wheel was not working correctly.
Uh oh. I have Logitech Driving Force Pro. Bought it several years ago, too bad this isn't one of the compatible ones. I was looking forward to having FF with a wheel for this game..

# 858 Senor Nascar @ 03/28/11 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fool
My Live subscription just ended. I don't really enjoy playing online. Is there a way I can get the patch by plugging my internet cord into the 360 WITHOUT having Live? How important is the patch for the game? I am on the fence about picking it up, but if it needs the patch badly and I can't get it due to no Live, I may be SOL.
I am on the 360 and can tell you that there is no doubt you will want a patch if you want proper AI difficulty and lots of bugs fixed.

# 859 stlcaridnals1522 @ 03/28/11 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
i think somewhere in the youtube comments that he said he plays on medium difficulity.
that was pre patch also

# 860 Senor Nascar @ 03/28/11 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashookaloo123
Yeah ik!!!!! i am a big online player and this reallyyyyy needs to be fixed and NOW. blue? senor? anyone who has the patch plz try online and see if it works
I'm on 360 so no patch for me until 2 AM PST.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.