Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

I received the game this morning at 9 AM. Please keep in mind, I have only raced 4 times so far and practiced at another.

I am going to answer as many questions as I can that have already been asked, then will keep posting impressions and answer as many questions as I can. I have my PS3 in my office hooked up to the same monitor as my PC, so I have to switch over, so If I don't immediately respond to something, it's because I am on the PS3.

On to the questions, from the other topic.

I wanna know how are the Graphics compared to NASCAR 09? I really can't get a good grasp from the videos. Thanks.

IMO the graphics are a bit better than NASCAR 09. NASCAR 09 was a nice looking game, but I think NTG11 does a better job here. There is a very natural, organic look to it, almost like MLB The Show has. The color palate is there, but it's not too crisp, or overdone.

The car models are nicely executed, and tracks look beautiful.

1. I think we are all wondering about the difficulty of the game and if what we saw in the videos was on some easier level. Is the game more realistic than what the videos may have lead us to believe?

2. Is there a true career mode, or is it just a season, and how does that work?

3. Do you get the sense that you are at 30+ different tracks, or does it feel like most of the tracks run about the same?

1. I set the difficulty for the AI on the highest at Tally, Daytona, and Texas. They were very competitive at Tally and Daytona, and Texas were just better than me....flat out! What I really like so far about the AI, is that they are aggressive, but not cheap. They understand that you are also on the track, and try to be cautious of their surroundings. They did bump draft with me at Tally and Daytona, and I could do the same with them...and there was no sign of them being disturbed by it.

2. Have not jumped into career mode as of yet, but will give it a run as the day progresses.

3. There was a nice difference in the feel from Atlanta, Texas, Daytona and Tally. They didn't feel that same at all, and based off early impressions, they did a nice job trying to individualize and realistically replicate each track.

Pre-race presentation-Is there a full pace lap with the driver/grid position rundown like EA did a few years back? Very tv-style touch that was very nice. Also, any featured drivers pre-race?

Wreck/caution-how long is it between the wreck, caution and going into the pace lap? Time enough to 'go thru' the wreck if it happened up in front and you're in the back of the pack, or just 'there's a wreck' and then two seconds later in the caution lap?

Keep in mind, I have not done season or career, but in "race now" option, there was no pre-race or any presentation. It literally took you to the race about 100 yards away from the start finish line.

In regards to wrecking, you get to watch the whole wreck. It doesn't take you away to a cut scene instantly. I was in one at Tally, and it seemed like it lasted 20 seconds, and I was in one at Texas, and it only lasted about 10 seconds. Then it gives you the option to pit under caution...if you choose no, it takes to a few seconds before the green flag drops again.

I am very curious about the realism of the track surface. For example, Are there bumps in on the lowside of turns 1 and 2 at Las Vegas? Do the bumps upset the car and make you create a setup that can handle those bumps?

That leads to my other question. How much does messing with the setup actually change the feel of the car? When the track rubbers up, does the car get tighter?

From what I have seen, the bumps feel like they are barely noticeable. I felt a little bit at Daytona in turns 3 going into 4(keep in mind its still Daytona 10 on my copy) but nothing that really forced me to white knuckle the wheel at all. When an AI car gets into you, you notice that a lot more than any bumps on the track surface. If you're hoping to really feel the surface bumps and have it effect the car....probably not going to be real happy.

I will say the the driving model is really well done though, and you truly feel connected to the track surface.

Ok, going to go test some more, and try to get some photos, but videos may be very difficult. I am trying to find a way to do it right now. I will be back in a few to answer some more questions and give some solid impressions.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 921 AEJustin @ 03/29/11 02:23 AM
I'm gonna up the difficulty on this, but I'll get the camcorder out for the replay I just did. Was pretty fun!

# 922 AEJustin @ 03/29/11 03:02 AM
Medium difficulty pre-patch, all assists off with the exception of ABS. Gordon wiped me out in turn 1 after I slid high, lol chaos ensued after that, can't wait for the patch now lol. I did win and then Jr proceeded to celebrate and then do the Edwards backflip lol. I'm hoping there is somewhere that celebrations can be picked. I am loving the feel of the game though! Here is the video

# 923 Aggies7 @ 03/29/11 03:04 AM
Wait Jr did the backflip?

# 924 AEJustin @ 03/29/11 03:11 AM
Yea, I really hope there is a setting to change that or at least patched to change it. Not a deal breaker by any means but still odd lol.

# 925 Aggies7 @ 03/29/11 03:21 AM
Not a deal breaker but thought producers on the eutechnyx forum said they'd be driver specific.

# 926 AEJustin @ 03/29/11 03:40 AM
There are a TON of decals and shapes to use in the custom cars. If you have played forza 3, imagine those designs but even more.

# 927 Aggies7 @ 03/29/11 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEJustin
There are a TON of decals and shapes to use in the custom cars. If you have played forza 3, imagine those designs but even more.
Is it possible to create a Budweiser car. I would just not make it #29. But with the tools would it be possible.

# 928 AEJustin @ 03/29/11 03:54 AM
I would say yea you can make pretty much anything you want to, as long as you have the time and patience to do so! It is a very deep customization level and I am impressed!

# 929 rebelron22 @ 03/29/11 03:58 AM
Hey AEJustin! or anyone for that matter, that has the game and pulling an all nighter with it. Could you put up some video or screenshots of the logos,decals, sponsors,etc..., that we will be able to use on the cars? If it is no trouble of course! Thanks in advance!

# 930 AEJustin @ 03/29/11 04:02 AM
If you would have asked this about an hour ago I would have had no problems doing that, but I have to get to bed so I can get up in a few hours to go to my college classes

# 931 rebelron22 @ 03/29/11 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEJustin
If you would have asked this about an hour ago I would have had no problems doing that, but I have to get to bed so I can get up in a few hours to go to my college classes
No problem AEJustin!, I certainly understand

# 932 AEJustin @ 03/29/11 04:14 AM
I did find a video someone else has on youtube with the editor, so I'll post that one here for you.

# 933 Aggies7 @ 03/29/11 04:26 AM
I know this will help claymatthews but I think I saw a bud created car and I figure that would be a little harder to create than the General Lee. I just hope places aren't sold out after I get out of court.

# 934 Aggies7 @ 03/29/11 04:49 AM
Whats the may/June patch. And I'm sorry but can't answer any of your questions. My biggest issue was no demo. I just wanted to sew how this played before I bought it.

# 935 AEJustin @ 03/29/11 04:49 AM
Kentucky is available from the start, I don't believe it is in the schedule for career mode as it's the 2010 schedule. Once the update comes out for the 2011 DLC then it will be in the schedule. One other thing to note before I go to bed, I did notice that the yellow line rule doesn't seem to be in effect at daytona and talladega that I noticed (Dunno if this is supposed to be fixed in the updates or not or if it was intentionally left out) Either way I'm having more fun playing this NASCAR game than pretty much any other console racer before. If you all want me to post more videos or whatever just let me know and I can do that tomorrow night as I'll be in classes from 10a-10p tomorrow (well I guess today now lol)

# 936 rebelron22 @ 03/29/11 07:29 AM
Thanks for the video AEJustin!, looks like that video showed all there is to choose from as far as sponsors and shapes go. Pretty much what I was asking to see, Thanks again!

# 937 bluengold34_OS @ 03/29/11 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarthegame
Hey Blue, for if you come back on tomorrow. I've read every post in here to this point, but now I can't remember if you mentioned it. What camera angle do you use when you are racing? I'm just impressed with how well you control the car, and wondering if your race view makes a difference. I've noticed in other racing games I play, when I am inside the car I drive better than the follow view.

I usually go with hood cam, or cockpit1 cam. Hood cam is the one I use probably the most though.

# 938 TIm @ 03/29/11 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Well im on the fence here. Im kinda disappointed from what Ive heard so far. Career Mode only 1 season??? I need to go read the definition of the word "career" to make sure Im not wrong. Also, no new points system for a while, glitch in the lucky dog cars placement, inability to replace cars in season or so called career with created cars, Dana Patrick being in the game is mega-lame too. The lack of a trophy room like NCAA footballs shrine is a minor let down too. The dusk not changing over to night sucks too. I dont like the May/June patch either, thats months away.

It sounds like gameplay is the only place that this game is better than NASCAR 09. As good as NTG2011's paint shop sounds, it still doesnt compare to Nascar 09s paint booth. 09 had a real career mode and multiple series in the game too.

I dont know where im at as far as buying the game just yet, doesnt seem like its worth $60. I dont understand how they can justify calling their career mode a career mode. Lack of a progressing career with retiring drivers is bad news.

Is the Kentucky track included in the schedule from the start??? I did have that one question.
Well I will tell you this.. I may agree with everything you said when I get the game today.. However, As said in a previous post I really believe that this series will be a Diamond in the rough.. Listening to a developer interview, It's got me pretty excited for the future.. Ed was straight up...

I will give them my money because It looks to race really well and I choose to support them so they can keep this series going.

# 939 ckgordon24 @ 03/29/11 08:45 AM
Getting game in 2 hours central time. My psn is ckgordon24 if anyone wants to race later. Man I can't wait been up since 6 this morning. Thank God I took off from work.

# 940 Kibby @ 03/29/11 09:15 AM
Just saw this NASCAR 2011 video on YouTube, it's very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2djBsPzA9xE

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.