Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

I received the game this morning at 9 AM. Please keep in mind, I have only raced 4 times so far and practiced at another.

I am going to answer as many questions as I can that have already been asked, then will keep posting impressions and answer as many questions as I can. I have my PS3 in my office hooked up to the same monitor as my PC, so I have to switch over, so If I don't immediately respond to something, it's because I am on the PS3.

On to the questions, from the other topic.

I wanna know how are the Graphics compared to NASCAR 09? I really can't get a good grasp from the videos. Thanks.

IMO the graphics are a bit better than NASCAR 09. NASCAR 09 was a nice looking game, but I think NTG11 does a better job here. There is a very natural, organic look to it, almost like MLB The Show has. The color palate is there, but it's not too crisp, or overdone.

The car models are nicely executed, and tracks look beautiful.

1. I think we are all wondering about the difficulty of the game and if what we saw in the videos was on some easier level. Is the game more realistic than what the videos may have lead us to believe?

2. Is there a true career mode, or is it just a season, and how does that work?

3. Do you get the sense that you are at 30+ different tracks, or does it feel like most of the tracks run about the same?

1. I set the difficulty for the AI on the highest at Tally, Daytona, and Texas. They were very competitive at Tally and Daytona, and Texas were just better than me....flat out! What I really like so far about the AI, is that they are aggressive, but not cheap. They understand that you are also on the track, and try to be cautious of their surroundings. They did bump draft with me at Tally and Daytona, and I could do the same with them...and there was no sign of them being disturbed by it.

2. Have not jumped into career mode as of yet, but will give it a run as the day progresses.

3. There was a nice difference in the feel from Atlanta, Texas, Daytona and Tally. They didn't feel that same at all, and based off early impressions, they did a nice job trying to individualize and realistically replicate each track.

Pre-race presentation-Is there a full pace lap with the driver/grid position rundown like EA did a few years back? Very tv-style touch that was very nice. Also, any featured drivers pre-race?

Wreck/caution-how long is it between the wreck, caution and going into the pace lap? Time enough to 'go thru' the wreck if it happened up in front and you're in the back of the pack, or just 'there's a wreck' and then two seconds later in the caution lap?

Keep in mind, I have not done season or career, but in "race now" option, there was no pre-race or any presentation. It literally took you to the race about 100 yards away from the start finish line.

In regards to wrecking, you get to watch the whole wreck. It doesn't take you away to a cut scene instantly. I was in one at Tally, and it seemed like it lasted 20 seconds, and I was in one at Texas, and it only lasted about 10 seconds. Then it gives you the option to pit under caution...if you choose no, it takes to a few seconds before the green flag drops again.

I am very curious about the realism of the track surface. For example, Are there bumps in on the lowside of turns 1 and 2 at Las Vegas? Do the bumps upset the car and make you create a setup that can handle those bumps?

That leads to my other question. How much does messing with the setup actually change the feel of the car? When the track rubbers up, does the car get tighter?

From what I have seen, the bumps feel like they are barely noticeable. I felt a little bit at Daytona in turns 3 going into 4(keep in mind its still Daytona 10 on my copy) but nothing that really forced me to white knuckle the wheel at all. When an AI car gets into you, you notice that a lot more than any bumps on the track surface. If you're hoping to really feel the surface bumps and have it effect the car....probably not going to be real happy.

I will say the the driving model is really well done though, and you truly feel connected to the track surface.

Ok, going to go test some more, and try to get some photos, but videos may be very difficult. I am trying to find a way to do it right now. I will be back in a few to answer some more questions and give some solid impressions.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 bluengold34_OS @ 03/24/11 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdm76
Guess mine didn't post...here it is again. Thanks in advance

I've read through every post and didn't see this question, which for those of us who'll be in leagues may want to know.
Like in NASCAR 09, when you go online to race, is there an option to practice with those in the room before the race to test setups, practice lines, etc...?
I heard for NTG 11, you go online, create a race, load your setups, qualify and race...no practice. I hope this isn't true. Thanks

No idea yet, as I was able to go online, but it could not create a lobby. All it said was "error-cannot create lobby ar this time" or something likte that

# 102 pdm76 @ 03/24/11 09:14 PM
Ah, probably because the game's not out yet. Didn't think of that. Thanks Blue. Guess I'll just have to wait and see unless you get lucky to join a race somehow

# 103 mrtuttle76 @ 03/24/11 09:23 PM
so blue,overall,is the racing experience is as immersive as we all hoped?

# 104 bluengold34_OS @ 03/24/11 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtuttle76
so blue,overall,is the racing experience is as immersive as we all hoped?
As far as right now goes, It has definitely answered the bell in almost every category.

# 105 mrtuttle76 @ 03/24/11 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
As far as right now goes, It has definitely answered the bell in almost every category.
sweetness,people complain about damage and all and while i agree with some of them,the racing is the most important part,can't wait to run martinsville tuesday

# 106 mashookaloo123 @ 03/24/11 09:32 PM
When there are smaller crashes, like say 3 or 4 cars not the Big One, does the damage happen in real time or does it not show up until after the race resumes?

# 107 mashookaloo123 @ 03/24/11 09:39 PM
And also are there any more pictures/videos u will post soon?

# 108 Adam14 @ 03/24/11 09:45 PM
Do they still have the 'old' front bumper of the cars, or did they update them to the actual ones? It's essentially my deciding factor right now. The splitter on last year's cars were ugly as sin.

# 109 Cubfan @ 03/24/11 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-Titans
Do they still have the 'old' front bumper of the cars, or did they update them to the actual ones? It's essentially my deciding factor right now. The splitter on last year's cars were ugly as sin.
The new front ends and new point system plus this years schedule will come in a update in the next couple of months.

# 110 Adam14 @ 03/24/11 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
The new front ends and new point system plus this years schedule will come in a update in the next couple of months.
Thanks. I think I'll hold off and wait for the update and then see what I think of it. For now, maybe I'll just hold back and save the money.

# 111 mashookaloo123 @ 03/24/11 09:55 PM
Are you able to perform a blowover in this game? If so how do they look?

# 112 TEE04 @ 03/24/11 10:30 PM
Quote:

I thought they said it would be available on release day?

# 113 BIGDADDY_24 @ 03/24/11 10:34 PM
When the game releases on Tuesday, it will not be updated, it will be the 2010 cars, tracks & paint schemes. However, around May or so an update will come out with the new cars, paint schemes & tracks.

# 114 bluengold34_OS @ 03/24/11 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashookaloo123
When there are smaller crashes, like say 3 or 4 cars not the Big One, does the damage happen in real time or does it not show up until after the race resumes?
In my post above of the Red Bull car(post 102 I think), that was in real time. The damage was there, but I only used 5 cars at Bristol.

Quote:
And also are there any more pictures/videos u will post soon?
Bro, I will get some more pics up tmrw. It looks like videos are not going to happen. My phone cam sucks, and we can't find out digital camera, after our last move here....sorry

Quote:
They have the old one's there right now, but the new patch will replace those. The patch will be available very quickly....

Quote:
The patch will be much quicker...and that is all I can say.

Quote:
Thanks. I think I'll hold off and wait for the update and then see what I think of it. For now, maybe I'll just hold back and save the money.
See answer above.

Quote:
Are you able to perform a blowover in this game? If so how do they look?
I am not saying you can't do it, but I have not been able to do it yet...and I have tried.

# 115 bluengold34_OS @ 03/24/11 10:37 PM
Guy's please quit posting about the patch coming in a couple of months.......some people are basing their decision on buying the game off of that. Unless a developer told you that thats when the patch is coming, then lets not speculate.

Just trust me on this one...ok

Alright Gents, I am off to bed. I have spent almost 10 hours doing this today, and am just drained. I will post some more impressions tomorrow about Create-a-car, and career mode. I appreciate all your patience and understanding today...thank you for the courtesy!!

# 116 Ænima @ 03/24/11 10:38 PM
I've decided to go ahead and buy it. Even without DNFs and dynamic careers (Retirements, team changes, etc) it sounds like these guys have already produced a product that surpasses any NASCAR game EA has put on a console in the past ten years. The last time I loved a console NASCAR game was NASCAR Racing on my Playstation One.

After today, I have high hopes for this franchise going forward. If you do as well, bite the bullet and buy this game ASAP. I would hate for a promising series to be reduced to a one off release if sales aren't top notch.

# 117 BIGDADDY_24 @ 03/24/11 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Guy's please quit posting about the patch coming in a couple of months.......some people are basing their decision on buying the game off of that. Unless a developer told you that thats when the patch is coming, then lets not speculate.

Just trust me on this one...ok

Alright Gents, I am off to bed. I have spent almost 10 hours doing this today, and am just drained. I will post some more impressions tomorrow about Create-a-car, and career mode. I appreciate all your patience and understanding today...thank you for the courtesy!!
I said that because of what Dave Thompson said on twitter, he is one of the game developers and here's what he said -
Quote:
@EddyRamz7 We don't have a firm date yet but around a couple of months #NTG
about 13 hours ago via web in reply to EddyRamz7

# 118 stlcaridnals1522 @ 03/24/11 11:01 PM
Quote:
why would how the car looks affect if you buy it or not? sounds foolish

# 119 Perfect Zero @ 03/24/11 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcaridnals1522
why would how the car looks affect if you buy it or not? sounds foolish
The difference is pretty big, and we all know how Operation Sports is about detail. In any case, it doesn't really affect my decision (I've pre-ordered already). Whenever they get the patch in, it will just be a bonus.

# 120 BIGDADDY_24 @ 03/24/11 11:10 PM
If your a big NASCAR fan and into gaming, this game is a must. We've dealt with EA Sports for far too many years, they weren't horrible games but I don't think they put the time necessary to put together a good game like Eutechnyx has. While it may take just a bit for the update, It'll still be worth buying the game, we will get it, that's all that matters. I feel Eutechnyx truly cares about their customers and I think the results will show in the long run. I definitely wouldn't let an update push you away from the game, however!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.