Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

I received the game this morning at 9 AM. Please keep in mind, I have only raced 4 times so far and practiced at another.

I am going to answer as many questions as I can that have already been asked, then will keep posting impressions and answer as many questions as I can. I have my PS3 in my office hooked up to the same monitor as my PC, so I have to switch over, so If I don't immediately respond to something, it's because I am on the PS3.

On to the questions, from the other topic.

I wanna know how are the Graphics compared to NASCAR 09? I really can't get a good grasp from the videos. Thanks.

IMO the graphics are a bit better than NASCAR 09. NASCAR 09 was a nice looking game, but I think NTG11 does a better job here. There is a very natural, organic look to it, almost like MLB The Show has. The color palate is there, but it's not too crisp, or overdone.

The car models are nicely executed, and tracks look beautiful.

1. I think we are all wondering about the difficulty of the game and if what we saw in the videos was on some easier level. Is the game more realistic than what the videos may have lead us to believe?

2. Is there a true career mode, or is it just a season, and how does that work?

3. Do you get the sense that you are at 30+ different tracks, or does it feel like most of the tracks run about the same?

1. I set the difficulty for the AI on the highest at Tally, Daytona, and Texas. They were very competitive at Tally and Daytona, and Texas were just better than me....flat out! What I really like so far about the AI, is that they are aggressive, but not cheap. They understand that you are also on the track, and try to be cautious of their surroundings. They did bump draft with me at Tally and Daytona, and I could do the same with them...and there was no sign of them being disturbed by it.

2. Have not jumped into career mode as of yet, but will give it a run as the day progresses.

3. There was a nice difference in the feel from Atlanta, Texas, Daytona and Tally. They didn't feel that same at all, and based off early impressions, they did a nice job trying to individualize and realistically replicate each track.

Pre-race presentation-Is there a full pace lap with the driver/grid position rundown like EA did a few years back? Very tv-style touch that was very nice. Also, any featured drivers pre-race?

Wreck/caution-how long is it between the wreck, caution and going into the pace lap? Time enough to 'go thru' the wreck if it happened up in front and you're in the back of the pack, or just 'there's a wreck' and then two seconds later in the caution lap?

Keep in mind, I have not done season or career, but in "race now" option, there was no pre-race or any presentation. It literally took you to the race about 100 yards away from the start finish line.

In regards to wrecking, you get to watch the whole wreck. It doesn't take you away to a cut scene instantly. I was in one at Tally, and it seemed like it lasted 20 seconds, and I was in one at Texas, and it only lasted about 10 seconds. Then it gives you the option to pit under caution...if you choose no, it takes to a few seconds before the green flag drops again.

I am very curious about the realism of the track surface. For example, Are there bumps in on the lowside of turns 1 and 2 at Las Vegas? Do the bumps upset the car and make you create a setup that can handle those bumps?

That leads to my other question. How much does messing with the setup actually change the feel of the car? When the track rubbers up, does the car get tighter?

From what I have seen, the bumps feel like they are barely noticeable. I felt a little bit at Daytona in turns 3 going into 4(keep in mind its still Daytona 10 on my copy) but nothing that really forced me to white knuckle the wheel at all. When an AI car gets into you, you notice that a lot more than any bumps on the track surface. If you're hoping to really feel the surface bumps and have it effect the car....probably not going to be real happy.

I will say the the driving model is really well done though, and you truly feel connected to the track surface.

Ok, going to go test some more, and try to get some photos, but videos may be very difficult. I am trying to find a way to do it right now. I will be back in a few to answer some more questions and give some solid impressions.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1601 TCrouch @ 07/11/11 11:34 AM
I'm betting (hoping?) that it's in with:

"Fix issues with the A.I. exiting the pits and then pulling straight up the track - Fixed"

What I saw were cars trying to go to the nearest exit and then yanking it straight up the track. I'm assuming it's the same AI routine. It would be tough to fix whatever's forcing them to go up the track and NOT fix them going out backwards, but nothing would surprise me at this point.

# 1602 mwjr @ 07/11/11 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
I'm betting (hoping?) that it's in with:

"Fix issues with the A.I. exiting the pits and then pulling straight up the track - Fixed"

What I saw were cars trying to go to the nearest exit and then yanking it straight up the track. I'm assuming it's the same AI routine. It would be tough to fix whatever's forcing them to go up the track and NOT fix them going out backwards, but nothing would surprise me at this point.
Thanks. For some reason I thought your problem was something different.

# 1603 bigdoc85 @ 07/12/11 02:23 PM
I may go the ebay route on this but I just got Dirt 3 and would like to get F1 2011 so I'm contemplating putting this on the block as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
Turned in my game offiicially yesterday at Bestbuy for about $18.00 also turned in GT5 and got $21 for it. And two others and will be applying my gift card to NCAA 12. It took way too long for me to even be interested in this game anymore. I'll look forward to NTG2012 I dont care if this patch makes it the best ever, It will only get better in 2012...I hope.

# 1604 Eutech is rookie @ 07/23/11 08:56 PM
This company is embarrassing and logically if NASCAR knows about their level of development, they would chop them so fast. It makes the sport look bad which I'm sure they don't want. Poor team all the way around. A complete fail which is a big surprise since they control what they make, period. They have the control of what they build and this is plain outta control. They can't handle the reins of their own games which is just so odd, immature, unprofessional, etc. Defaces the sport in many ways considering this product is nationwide. They clearly have a complete lack of knowledge and development power. I mean people are passionate about their sports and this unprofessional game developer has absolutely no class for an American sport and is an embarrassment. This is a big sport in America so obviously this is a big responsibilty and Eutechnyx can't handle that. Appears they never will and it's only gonna bite them.

# 1605 BurghFan @ 08/24/11 12:52 AM
I just wanted to share this ridiculous picture I got from the game.

Attachment 37192

Coming through turns 3/4 on the last lap of the July race at Daytona my car got spun around and slammed into the #27. As you can see by the picture, it then proceeded to become stuck to the #27 drivers side window to drivers side window. The cars then remained stuck like this through turn 4 until they finally came apart a few hundred yards before the S/F line.

# 1606 Matty86 @ 08/24/11 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timay
Oh, right, this game still exists.

Forgot about it, to busy playing NCAA football 12.
So you went from the most broken game available to the 2nd most broken game available?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.