Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

EA Sports has just released the Fight Night Champion DLC details, which will be released on March 29th for both PS3 and 360.

DLC: Heavyweight Legends Pack
The Heavyweight Legends Pack for 800 MS Points or $10 will include Jack Johnson, Jack Dempsey, Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis and Floyd Patterson. Alongside the boxers in this DLC Pack we will also include the Bare Knuckle Boxing Pack at no charge. If you choose to go without the boxers and only want the Bare Knuckles Boxing Pack, you can download it for only 320 MS Points or $4.

More details can be found right here.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 acarrero @ 03/24/11 10:49 PM
Jack Johnson looks awesome with those long pants! Props to FNc and EA again, adding Dempsey, Johnson, Louis, and Marciano in the first DLC is better than I expected and for $10 (with Patterson and bare knuckles too) it's a better value than what some other games, like CoD charge for a map pack. FNC sports game of the year!

# 2 SteelerSpartan @ 03/24/11 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
Jack Johnson looks awesome with those long pants! Props to FNc and EA again, adding Dempsey, Johnson, Louis, and Marciano in the first DLC is better than I expected and for $10 (with Patterson and bare knuckles too) it's a better value than what some other games, like CoD charge for a map pack. FNC sports game of the year!

Its barely a functional "game" right now, let alone the best sports game

Team Brizzo still has a lot of sweating to do in the gym with this one, if they want to build on their community/fan base

# 3 nolesfan69 @ 03/25/11 03:42 AM
I also can assume the Title Update will be available when the DLC drops next Tuesday.

# 4 boritter @ 03/25/11 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrero
Jack Johnson looks awesome with those long pants!
He didn't wear pants when he fought. This is just another detail missed by the FNC devs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolesfan69
I also can assume the Title Update will be available when the DLC drops next Tuesday.
Yes, Brizzo confirmed on twitter that a patch and a tuner set will be out Tuesday.

# 5 acts238shaun @ 03/25/11 05:44 AM
If the tweaks they add work and then you throw in the legends pack and the boxers in other weight classes (B-Hop and RJJ as MW, PacMan as a feather among others). This is really shaping up well.

# 6 kbmnm247 @ 03/25/11 08:41 AM
what is so special about these boxers that this was held for a $10 DLC rather than included in the $60 broken game I bought less than a month ago?

I can't believe people are actually giving EA props for this. So gd greedy it's sickening.

# 7 ipman @ 03/25/11 09:51 AM
WOW what a slick way to sell a game for $70 bucks screw you EA

# 8 ZB9 @ 03/25/11 09:51 AM
this game will definitely have the best roster of any boxing game ever made, not even close

# 9 Bronk_Bonin @ 03/25/11 11:12 AM
I've heard that the tuner will effect online modes only and won't be for offline use. Can anyone confirm or deny this? That would certainly be bad news for offline gamers.

# 10 acts238shaun @ 03/25/11 11:39 AM
I don't think that's the case, because it means more coding and as many who want the PB counter window gone from offline as well I hope this isn't the case. I'd play on GOAT, but the PB counter jabs are ridiculous. Old George is as good as Ali at counter punching in GOAT.

# 11 The Visualizer @ 03/25/11 01:15 PM
price point on the DLC seems pretty fair this time around, really looking forward to it and the patch/tuner

# 12 kbmnm247 @ 03/25/11 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
price point on the DLC seems pretty fair this time around, really looking forward to it and the patch/tuner
May I kindly ask what seems fair about it? The only reason these boxers weren't included in the original roster was so they could charge extra for them less than a month later and before they fix all of the problems with the game that also stem from greed. I don't understand why people praise EA for this and just allow them to continue to take more than our original $60 for items that should be in the original game. If they wanna charge $2 for Bare knuckle, whatever, that's fine, I won't buy it because I don't need it or want it. But do I want all of the boxers in the game? Of course I do, and I shouldn't have to pay extra for it. Hell, if I could trade Butterbean, Manfredo, Mora, and Mundine for these guys I would have no problem with it but I can't. I'm stuck with boxers I will never use and shouldn't even be in the game over these legends.

And the fact that they are making you pay to play with guys in their alter-weight classes is a complete joke, I don't care if it's ten cents or ten dollars to do that is just ridiculous when we should be able to edit EVERYTHING for the boxers, including the weight.

I guess this just means gaming is nearing the end of it's life with me, I'll be damned if I let these companies (moreso just EA) straight up steal my money. They clearly don't put 110% effort into their product yet they want you to throw money at them for nothing, it's pathetic.

/rant

# 13 The Visualizer @ 03/25/11 04:09 PM
im no shill for EA, and I don't like the fact that paid DLC is the way of the world either. My comment about the price point of the DLC being fair was in comparison to FNR4 where they absolutely beat people over the head charging 800 points for like 4 boxers when 1 of them James Toney already had an alternate version on the game. You arent forced to buy the DLC at all, there are plenty of great CABs for free on Boxer Share for all of the boxers announced for DLC.

As far as the roster is concerned, initially I was disappointed in the subtractions and lack of new additions but top to bottom its pretty much tied with FNR4 as the best roster of all-time. There arent any other boxing for consoles that even come close in quantity and quality of boxers despite what your nostalgia tells you.

# 14 JayBee74 @ 03/26/11 10:44 AM
What about the patch?

# 15 HalfxaMaZinG @ 03/26/11 10:50 AM
i can fight with de la hoya against b hop now an it will be fair

# 16 aholbert32 @ 03/26/11 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
You're right. You look at these rosters that came with the game and it's anemic. Back in the days you had better rosters for sure. They want to charge people then that's their choice. My choice next time FN comes out will be to wait and see what the word is on the street. More than likely I'll be passing up on it.
Actually you didnt. Back in the day, you had less boxers. Around 30+. Now you have almost 60. The only thing the past games had was Floyd and we all know the reasons why he isnt in the game.

# 17 Sausage @ 03/26/11 11:21 AM
Did I read correctly that the "alternate" weight class DLC is only $1.00 for all 8 boxers or $1.00 per boxer?

Other than ratings and weight do you think they also resized them so it doesn't look like a welterweight DeLaHoya at lightweight, etc with the other boxers?

Phobia could you find this out?

# 18 ZB9 @ 03/26/11 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Did I read correctly that the "alternate" weight class DLC is only $1.00 for all 8 boxers or $1.00 per boxer?

Other than ratings and weight do you think they also resized them so it doesn't look like a welterweight DeLaHoya at lightweight, etc with the other boxers?

Phobia could you find this out?
an EA company guy on the easports forums stated that all of the DLC boxers will look different in different weight classes, and "some more than others". He said that middleweight RJJ looks extremely different than the LHW version.

# 19 Complex @ 03/26/11 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
an EA company guy on the easports forums stated that all of the DLC boxers will look different in different weight classes, and "some more than others". He said that middleweight RJJ looks extremely different than the LHW version.
If the ratings are done correctly, RJJ should be almost a 100 at MW and Pac's rating should drop down at LW

# 20 Bamtino @ 03/27/11 04:04 AM
I can't believe no one in here has mentioned how off some of these guys look.

I've seen better CABs of Marciano and Dempsey on boxer share.

A light skinned Jack Johnson? Really EA? We are forced to go that route because the craptastic creation engine which you supplied us with gives black boxers white face masks. You guys don't have that problem though since you have better tools to work with thus I do not understand why you made one of the darkest brothas in boxing history look like caramel.

And what Jack Dempsey is that supposed to be? Are you guys sure you modeled that head after Jack Dempsey the boxer? It doesn't look anything like a prime nor old Jack Dempsey.

Marciano is also way off around the eyes. It throws him off to the point it looks nothing like him.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.